PDA

View Full Version : It's an RPG for sure... but...

Filapano
05-11-2009, 07:02 PM
is it an all single player game?

any word of multiplayer capabilities?
I don't want this game to be another Too Human
but i do want to see atleast 4+ people playing on XBL together.

iruhlman
05-11-2009, 07:24 PM
I loved Too Human. Co-op online was the best part for me.

taken from the FAQ on Bioware's site.

7.04: Is Dragon Age: Origins a multiplayer game? (Back to Top (http://dragonage.bioware.com/gamefaq.html#top))
Dragon Age: Origins delivers a focused, single-player RPG experience. Since this is the first game set in the world of Dragon Age, the team wanted to concentrate on a single player experience that would allow the players to learn the incredible history, story, and lore in the game.

CalumD1993
05-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Even without multiplayer, this game looks pretty good (:

DiamondD
05-12-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm pretty sure it's only a single player experience, but trust me when I say with Bioware behind this game, you don't have to worry about it becoming another Too Human.

Vendetta
05-13-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm pretty sure it's only a single player experience, but trust me when I say with Bioware behind this game, you don't have to worry about it becoming another Too Human.

Yep if Bioware is making it there is nothing to be worried about. This is in my top 5 for anticipated games for this year (probably going to easily be best RPG this year).

This, Modern Warfare 2, Assassins Creed 2, Bioshock: Sea of Dreams, & Prototype are the ones I cannot wait for!

Cilantro Cortez
05-15-2009, 07:33 AM
If you look at the trailers and the data and the screenshots for the game. it's like 100 times better than Fable II. it's basically BioWare saying this is what a free roam choice rpg should be like.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/

Cav Clayton
06-08-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm surprised at the little amount of hype around this game on these forums.
This looks great, still tossing up between getting this and AC2 due to financial difficulties :P
Can't say I enjoyed the 'fighting dragon' gameplay, I was hoping for something a little more cinematic.
But I always want things I can't have...

ViRaLuNdEaD
06-08-2009, 01:28 PM
I just can't get hyped about this game. It kind of looks like Neverwinter Nights to me. Don't get me wrong, I loved the NWN games and even wrote several modules for them, but the style of play wore on me after while. I'll still give it a shot though.

Spectrex16
09-24-2009, 07:23 AM
I dont know what the rest of you see wrong with too human, that was a great game.

Pearson
09-24-2009, 08:11 AM
It would be cool to be able to do a 4 player co-op for future Dragon Age games, but I think that Bioware was right in making this a single player RPG. This game is going to be a very good RPG and I would love to see it compete for the GOTY title. This is my most anticipated title for 2009, even over such games as Assassins Creed 2 and Modern Warfare 2.

bloodswan
10-02-2009, 03:45 AM
It is single player as it should be ;)

qpRELENTLESSqp
10-02-2009, 11:08 PM
RPGs are supposed to be a single player experience

TwistedFate
10-03-2009, 02:33 AM
RPGs are supposed to be a single player experience

No they aren't. Single character adventures are, but the original RPG's were multiplayer party based adventures. The single player experience only came about as computer and console games gave rise to the single player sitting alone in his room playing a game.

when_vegans_attack
10-08-2009, 03:54 AM
I really wish there was MP though (don't mind that much that there isn't.) They've already got a system where you can switch characters - I don't think it could be that hard to implement in this kind of game (ala, Marvel Ultimate Alliance.) The only hard part would be figuring out whether or not to let characters carry over into other games, etc...

WilliamTheIV
10-31-2009, 06:53 AM
I wouldn't mind a multiplayer experiance in this game. Even if it was something like Fable 2 where you see orbs and can give gifts to your friends. Or possibly like a Mercenary mode, kind of like Two Worlds but without all the high-leveled fags bragging about how "Big" they are. But honestly, I couldn't see a really cool multiplayer mode that they could make for this games style of play, so maybe it's best this is SP only. Of couse I don't doubt this game will be bad in any way, Bioware has never let me down! But this is just wishful thinking.

This game is going to kick so many RPG's asses out there and we all know it. We should spend less time talking and more time partying! Wewt! *Cracks open a beer*, wait, I am only 16.. *just dances instead* (Yeah I am excited I am going to have a game to play lol)