PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Krazie
05-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread.

Thommo
04-10-2012, 02:26 PM
The achievements have just been revealed here: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/26791/the-achievements-and-trophies-of-max-payne-3-complete-list-and-n.html

MartyMcFly
04-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Many will complain about the MP achievements, especially leveling up to the top rank.

I, on the other hand, will complain about it having specific difficulty achievements!
I like it more when a game has no difficulty selection at all. Much like every GTA title, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed, or even LA Noir (though that would be near pointless).

Barad
04-10-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm sure rank 50 won't take longer than 10 on GTA IV, game looks really fun too so shouldn't be too hard, otherwise a simple, fun list.

Jeesp
04-26-2012, 10:16 PM
The achievements don't seem too bad imo. I just hope the multi player is better than Read dead redemption.

Rep
04-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Looks like I won't be completing it because of that multiplayer achievement. I have limited access to get online so there's no way I'll be getting that one.

Magician NG
04-27-2012, 06:43 PM
I like the variety of achievements here. Story completion, campaign skill challenges, and mulitplayer time invested unlocks. Max Payne 3 won't be an overnight 1000, it'll take several days, minimum. And probably some general trading for the "Dearest of Friends", "The Gambler", and "Max Payne Invitational" achievements as well.

I mak3 big boom
04-28-2012, 05:30 AM
Looks damn easy! I hope. Not sure about the difficulty achievements though.

The_Iceman2288
04-28-2012, 01:38 PM
'Single player grinds'?

JMNELSON
04-28-2012, 01:46 PM
'Single player grinds'?Yea, I saw that too.....

The_Iceman2288
04-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Yea, I saw that too.....
Hoping it's single player challenges a la Splinter Cell: Conviction, Gears 3 or Dead Island.

Sgt Hartman 87
04-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Wonder what the new york minute cheev will be. Its worth alot of GS...

Rep
04-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Looks damn easy! I hope. Not sure about the difficulty achievements though.

I like the looks of them. Hopefully they're a challenge!

Wonder what the new york minute cheev will be. Its worth alot of GS...

I was wondering the same thing as well. I guess we'll see when we get the game.

R3f1cul
04-28-2012, 03:04 PM
new york minute in the old max paynes was just a timed version of every chapter/mission whatever you want to call it, in which the game gave you a specific time limit to complete the game and if i remember right killing people gave you slightly more time... pretty challenging gotta know the game first and be very specific in what you do, no exploring just straight to the point figure it will be more of the same if not exactly for part 3....

KuShNsTieN
04-28-2012, 08:24 PM
this list is nice, a lot of achievements worth 10G though.its funny how old school is worth more than hardcore lol. I might do a guide for this..

Dexter010
04-28-2012, 10:29 PM
How many of the achievements are multiplayer related?

Rep
04-28-2012, 10:33 PM
How many of the achievements are multiplayer related?

At least 8 are online required. I'm not sure what the secret achievements are.

Barad
04-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Looks like a fairly easy list, new york minute should be fun and only 170G online!

DEG23
04-30-2012, 01:41 PM
The SP stuff looks okay nothing too hard, except for maybe the new york minute achievement but i have doubts about Lvl 50. I just hope the MP is enjoyable enough to not feel like a long grind.

Hurricane Of 87
05-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Bit of an aside (and I don't want to make a new thread about) but has anyone seen evidence of running in this game? From the single and multiplayer gameplay vids R* have put out it looks like there's only a jog available. It stuck out pretty big after legging it across the desert as John Marston.

MartyMcFly
05-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Bit of an aside (and I don't want to make a new thread about) but has anyone seen evidence of running in this game? From the single and multiplayer gameplay vids R* have put out it looks like there's only a jog available. It stuck out pretty big after legging it across the desert as John Marston.

The environments seen so far don't appear to be as expansive as Red Dead's deserts, so I think a sprint option might not be necessary.

Given R*'s history though too, Max will probably jog at the most, just the same as any GTA, Red Dead, and LA Noire.

sysla
05-12-2012, 05:16 PM

Ye you can run with (L).. Its not really helpful..

Theres one secret achievement saying :
Dont kill the h-arm-less guy

Im at the beginning of Disk2, didnt found somebody like him yet..

JuSt BLaZe
05-12-2012, 05:25 PM

Dont know how to make Spoilers on this site, lol:

Spoilertags ;) >

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/faq.php?faq=general

sysla
05-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Spoilertags ;) >

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/faq.php?faq=general

okay, done, thanks:)

rapture23
05-12-2012, 06:51 PM
The achievement is actually called "You Push A Man Too Far" and the description says "Don't Shoot The Dis-Armed Man". The other secret achievement is MP based and it's called "Sweep" the description is " Flawless Team Gang Wars Victory".

sysla
05-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Actually you did in chapter VI when you "disarm" the one guy.
The achievement is actually called "You Push A Man Too Far" and the description says "Don't Shoot The Dis-Armed Man". The other secret achievement is MP based and it's called "Sweep" the description is " Flawless Team Gang Wars Victory".

thanks, now I know which guy is mentioned.. ^^

Bl0ss0m
05-12-2012, 11:32 PM

It will be very obvious, it will be part of a cut scene after you dive towards him. *Hint* Riot shield

KuShNsTieN
05-13-2012, 12:05 AM
anyone who played this, do the difficulty achievements stack??

Bl0ss0m
05-13-2012, 12:18 AM
anyone who played this, do the difficulty achievements stack??

Yep they stack, but you have to play on hard to unlock old school and hardcore.

KuShNsTieN
05-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Yep they stack, but you have to play on hard to unlock old school and then to unlock hardcore.

wow i thought oldschool was unlocked already. welp looks like 3 playthroughs it is :D

Bl0ss0m
05-13-2012, 03:16 AM
wow i thought oldschool was unlocked already. welp looks like 3 playthroughs it is :D

I was wrong, Old School and Hardcore do unlock upon completion of Hard.

So you just have 2 playthroughs. :D

KuShNsTieN
05-13-2012, 03:39 AM
I was wrong, Old School and Hardcore do unlock upon completion of Hard.

So you just have 2 playthroughs. :D

alright even better

JuSt BLaZe
05-13-2012, 10:40 AM

That's good news, thanks.

Hurricane Of 87
05-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Stack of questions upcoming!

Is Hardcore just Old School, but harder? Or is is it just the same (or easier) difficulty with a wacky parameter? (ala Dead Space 2's HXC mode = Second hardest difficult with only 3 saves)

For the purpose of collectibles; On completion of the campaign can you select any chapter to restart from or only the chapter you last saved on?

You Play, You Pay, You Bastard
How easy were melee kills to come across? Can you cripple enemies then run up and smack 'em?

Colder Than The Devil's Heart = Kill 30 enemies in 2 minutes
Did this achievement occur naturally through the campaign or is it something you'll have to go out of your way to find?

Man Of Many Weapons/Faces; How many of each are they? Are they level, stat or in-game mini mission related (Think COD's emblem unlocks) related?

The Gambler: What type of wagers are available on Multiplayer?

Past The Point Of No Return: Take 100 Painkillers
How many would you say you used throughout the campaign? Were these due to the game being legit hard, or unfamiliarity/incompetence on your part?
Is there an energy bar that tells you how far away these are from activation?

Sgt Hartman 87
05-13-2012, 06:41 PM

What is the differences between old school and hardcore?

Nevander
05-14-2012, 07:46 AM
I just dislike MP achievements. Level 50 mainly.

IrishGorilla47
05-14-2012, 11:38 PM
It looks ok, I think I can complete it.

MicroCool
05-15-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm enjoying the game so far. The only complaint I have is the achievements. I really think they could have done a better job in my opinion. I expecting to do multiple playthroughs. I started on medium but I went back and started with the easy mode so I can master the mechanics of the gameplay and I'll get to enjoy the story a little the first time around.

MicroCool
05-15-2012, 07:40 PM
What is the differences between old school and hardcore?

Old School is you don't get second chance.

Onyok
05-16-2012, 11:00 AM
...10 Bullet TimeŽ Kills In A Row. Anyone happen to know what's a good place to get this?

TIA!

Frozen x360a
05-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Any idea how long rank 50 takes?

Sabersith
05-17-2012, 01:51 PM
the achievement for getting to level 50 in multiplayer will take i while! man, those online achievements! haha fun stuff...keeps you going though

Oynox Slider
05-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Quite interesting. Just finished CD1 und unlocked just ONE cheevo yet. That's really differnt from other games.

Rep
05-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Quite interesting. Just finished CD1 und unlocked just ONE cheevo yet. That's really differnt from other games.

Yeah, I only had 10 when finishing my first playthrough. Didn't complete any of the misc achievements except for the collectibles.

nighthawk82
05-18-2012, 01:09 AM
i just finish the game in Hard but the Achievements doesn't unlock!!!

Rep
05-18-2012, 01:31 AM
i just finish the game in Hard but the Achievements doesn't unlock!!!

It's because you had probaby switched your targeting mode to hard or soft lock. The game clearly states before you start a new game that you can't change them in the middle in order to earn the achievement for Hard.

nighthawk82
05-18-2012, 01:42 AM
It's because you had probaby switched your targeting mode to hard or soft lock. The game clearly states before you start a new game that you can't change them in the middle in order to earn the achievement for Hard.

i never change the targeting mode!! i dunno why don't give me the Achievements!!
now I'm Starting new game in hardcore Mode :(

veloxetmortifer
05-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Im at the beginning of chapter 5 and not a single achievement has unlocked. Does anybody know why? Any info will be appreciated. Thank you.

Rep
05-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Im at the beginning of chapter 5 and not a single achievement has unlocked. Does anybody know why? Any info will be appreciated. Thank you.

You'll probably only get around 6 achievements by the end of story mode. Try going for some of the miscellaneous achievements that are one specific chapters. There are 3 parts of the story and an achievement is unlocked after finishing each one. You'll probably get the first one sometime soon.

Hurricane Of 87
05-20-2012, 12:59 AM
For the purpose of collectibles; On completion of the campaign can you select any chapter to restart from or only the chapter you last saved on?

You Play, You Pay, You Bastard
How easy were melee kills to come across? Can you cripple enemies then run up and smack 'em?

Past The Point Of No Return: Take 100 Painkillers
How many would you say you used throughout the campaign? Were these due to the game being legit hard, or unfamiliarity/incompetence on your part?
Is there an energy bar that tells you how far away these are from activation?

Answering my own questions here, but other might find it useful
1)Yes there is a chapter select option and also a checkpoint select option but the checkpoints are called descriptive shit like '1', '2', and '5'

2) Melees are rare to come by, I had less than 20 by the end of my first campaign playthrough. You can shoot people in the leg, then run up and clobber them when the stand back up.

3) Got this by the Panama Canal chapter (I dunno, 11?) I die several time and got downed multiple times per chapter on Medium, so this is pretty much unmissable for the novice player.

StickyFingers
05-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Question:

I've finished the story campaign. When I choose a new game on a harder setting, will I keep my grinds (collectibles etc)

JuSt BLaZe
05-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Question:

I've finished the story campaign. When I choose a new game on a harder setting, will I keep my grinds (collectibles etc)

YES, your grinds get saved instantly.

Hurricane Of 87
05-20-2012, 06:29 PM
For all the 'Get X Kills while in FREE-AIM' achievements you have infinite ammo. Switch to the Micro 9mm SMG, since it's rapid fire and it seems body shots can kill when you use it too. Just Restart Checkpoint if you botch them.

You'll have to use the pistol for the Nightclub scene as it's right at the beginning of the level and you don't have a chance to pick up an SMG yet.

With Chapter 5's 'Get 7 Kills when jumping off the Rickety Boat' there's an explosive canister on the bottom of the stairs, to the top right of your screen. Shoot that before you draw anyone's attention. should take out 3 people and leave 4 grouped nicely together right in front of you.

With Chapter 7's 'So Much For Being Subtle' there's a bit of trouble with the top 3 guys.
Don't kill the guy on your extreme right first, because that will instantly end the scene, leave him for last.
Get the guy in the middle first before he goes into cover, then the dude at the end of the warehouse coming up the stairs, then finally the chap on the extreme right.

thomas351hk
05-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Can I unlock medium and hard achievements when I finish old school in free aim?
It is because I changed the lock in hard in my first time. So, I had not unlocked the achievement when I finished hard mode. But also old school and hardcore were opened.

IOnEI Falcon
05-21-2012, 04:28 PM
To get NYM Hardcore, do I need to beat NYM on Hard or any difficulty?

JuSt BLaZe
05-21-2012, 08:28 PM
To get NYM Hardcore, do I need to beat NYM on Hard or any difficulty?

NYM has no difficulty setting to switch. It has a fixed difficulty, MEDIUM. You can play it with SOFT LOCK targeting though. In other words, just beat each chapter of NYM to unlock NYMHC.

IOnEI Falcon
05-22-2012, 04:03 AM
NYM has no difficulty setting to switch. It has a fixed difficulty, MEDIUM. You can play it with SOFT LOCK targeting though. In other words, just beat each chapter of NYM to unlock NYMHC.Oh okay. Cool! So do I have to do it in all one playthrough like Hardcore?

IrishGorilla47
05-22-2012, 04:14 AM
I think I am going to start on easy and try to beat it on every difficulty. That way by the time I am able to try NYMH, I will be good and ready.

JuSt BLaZe
05-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Oh okay. Cool! So do I have to do it in all one playthrough like Hardcore?

No no, you can pick chapter after chapter, don't worry. Most of them take you like 20 minutes to complete due to cutscenes and all that.

JimL2112
05-26-2012, 01:53 AM
You Play, You Pay, You Bastard - 20:gsicon:
100 Kills With Melee
"This is an accumulative achievement. To melee an enemy while close press :ybut:, you can use chapter select to go back for this one."

Pressing :ybut: might start with a melee move, but it finishes with a bullet. Therefore the actual kill is with a weapon? I see this counts towards the SCRAPPER "Grind" but it does not unlock the Achievement??? I have 104/150 Melees according to my SCRAPPER Statistic, but no Achievement...

ll X ll
05-26-2012, 02:45 AM
You Play, You Pay, You Bastard - 20:gsicon:
100 Kills With Melee
"This is an accumulative achievement. To melee an enemy while close press :ybut:, you can use chapter select to go back for this one."

Pressing :ybut: might start with a melee move, but it finishes with a bullet. Therefore the actual kill is with a weapon? I see this counts towards the SCRAPPER "Grind" but it does not unlock the Achievement??? I have 104/150 Melees according to my SCRAPPER Statistic, but no Achievement...

Keep on killing and you'll get it eventually. Some people got it on 110 kills, some 120, 130.etc

JuSt BLaZe
05-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Keep on killing and you'll get it eventually. Some people got it on 110 kills, some 120, 130.etc

This! Just keep on grinding.

uhKillswitch
06-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Mine popped the moment I hit exactly 100 in story mode.
A friend of mine got it in multiplayer.

Hurricane Of 87
06-06-2012, 05:38 PM
In hindsight I'd say Rockstar should have made the Lifetime Of Payne grind in MP an achievement in itself.
That's the grind where you have to play as a hunted character in Payne Killer for a total of 60 minutes. Seems like a slog, but the mode is very fun and ultimately you'll get it long before level 50.

I say this because according to the multiplayer stats on R*SC Payne Killer is tied last with the various Turf modes from Gang Wars as the least popular multiplayer mode (3%) and that's a shame.

uhKillswitch
06-07-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm glad they didn't overdo it with multiplayer cheevos.
Level 50 alone takes me so much time.

budden11
06-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Hi All,

Never considered asking this but reading some comments about this achievement not unlocking got me thinking.

If I choose to restart a level will it affect anything?

I started a new game on hard mode and free aim, everytime you press pause and go to gameplay settings it tells you what difficulty and aim assist you are on.

i'm only on chapter 8 and it's taken a lot to get to this point with my poor accuracy on free aim, everytime I get to a part for the achievement I have just restarted checkpoint on hard mode, I never use chapter select for the free aim achievements.

Thanks

Rep
06-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Hi All,

Never considered asking this but reading some comments about this achievement not unlocking got me thinking.

If I choose to restart a level will it affect anything?

I started a new game on hard mode and free aim, everytime you press pause and go to gameplay settings it tells you what difficulty and aim assist you are on.

i'm only on chapter 8 and it's taken a lot to get to this point with my poor accuracy on free aim, everytime I get to a part for the achievement I have just restarted checkpoint on hard mode, I never use chapter select for the free aim achievements.

Thanks

I don't see how that would affect anything. You should be fine.

NJ x BaNdiT
07-09-2012, 04:24 PM
For New York Minute Hardcore, is realistic damage on? Or is it just you can't die at all. I really hope it's the latter considering the achievement wouldn't be as hard as I thought.

JuSt BLaZe
07-10-2012, 09:55 AM
For New York Minute Hardcore, is realistic damage on? Or is it just you can't die at all. I really hope it's the latter considering the achievement wouldn't be as hard as I thought.

1. It's like NORMAL difficulty.
2. You can't afford to die by any means or you have to start all over, back in Chapter I.

ncczjx611
07-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Hey guys i got a question: i am on my half way through the game on hard and can i use unlimited ammo/pain killer/bullet time on hard core or old school difficulty? no aim assistance of course. thanks lol

Rep
07-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Hey guys i got a question: i am on my half way through the game on hard and can i use unlimited ammo/pain killer/bullet time on hard core or old school difficulty? no aim assistance of course. thanks lol

You won't get the achievement for completing them since cheats disable all stats and achievements.

ncczjx611
07-24-2012, 02:04 AM
You won't get the achievement for completing them since cheats disable all stats and achievements.

Thanks, Oh Man....... so there is no need to beat score mode.........

x U G H H x
12-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Much easier than gta4 achievements

ZabijackyKafe
01-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Hi all. I got problem with campaign. I downloaded MAX PAYNE 3 from Marketplace, i finished Act I and i can not continue it says: "MISSING DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT REQUIRED". I downloaded every free pack in marketplace and it still not working please help me...