PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know what the intro song is?

Maestro0708
05-12-2009, 07:04 AM
The one that plays when you start the career, and the guys walk out, not the song that you play, but the one that introduces the band.. I've heard it before, and i wanted to know if anyone knows what it is

MK English Jash
05-12-2009, 07:05 AM
i wouldnt mind for it to be battery

Crimson Ridley
05-12-2009, 07:09 AM
The Ecstasy Of Gold as composed by Morricone.

Cheezbrgr
05-12-2009, 10:20 AM

?

The first one is for whom the bells toll and the second one is The Unforgiven

TwistedFate
05-12-2009, 12:59 PM
?

The first one is for whom the bells toll and the second one is The Unforgiven

Those are the first ones you play, and as was clearly stated by the OP, not what he wanted to know. Callum gave the correct answer.

Lord Chabelo
05-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Metallica does a mean cover of that song as well

StumblesMcGee
05-12-2009, 06:30 PM

Indeed. I think they cover this on S&M.

Frozenghost001
05-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Indeed. I think they cover this on S&M.
Yea, and I wish you could have played that cover verson in this game. Such good solos in the song, and just an awesome all-around song.

xXxDArKtOrNxXx
10-18-2009, 06:08 AM
guys beat me to it i love ecstacy of gold saw metallica play it in concert ueatiful

specVjavi
10-30-2009, 02:05 PM
yea when i saw them last year the ecstasy of gold was playin durin their intro when they were coming onstage, my spine tingled a little bit.

Fully Avenged
11-06-2009, 10:46 PM
As a few others have said, this song is called 'Ecstacy of Gold'. It was written by the Orchestra that Metallica worked alongside on their Live Album 'S&M', and also the Orchestra that they wrote 'No Leaf Clover' and 'Minus Human' with.

Being a huge Metallica fan myself [They're my favourite band, and I saw them Live in London earlier this year. Amusingly, I'm wearing the Tour t-shirt that I bought from that gig while answering this question, and I was listening to the version of Enter Sandman that this song comes before, just before I spotted your Thread... How peculiar.] I happen to know that:

This song also plays at the beginning of their album 'Live Shit, Binge and Purge'. It infact opens the live performance, and was played right before the start of the gig. After Ecstacy of Gold plays out, right near the end of that, Metallica rip into Enter Sandman, and so begins their Live Shit, Binge and Purge album.

Hope this helps. If you wish to hear the practical, full version, I suggest buying Live Shit, Binge and Pure, as I've said, it's on the track 'Enter Sandman', as they piece it together with this song to save space. It plays right before they enter into Enter Sandman.

P.S. I recommend that every person who loves Metallica go and see them Live, whatever the cost. I personally payed 120 [About $270, I think?] and travelled over 300 miles to see them, and I can say, I would do it all again in a heartbeat, because they were worth every second of it.

randy2084
11-25-2009, 04:55 PM
As a few others have said, this song is called 'Ecstacy of Gold'. It was written by the Orchestra that Metallica worked alongside on their Live Album 'S&M', and also the Orchestra that they wrote 'No Leaf Clover' and 'Minus Human' with.

No...Callum x360a is right, the "The Ecstasy of Gold" is an instrumental song written by the Italian composer Ennio Morricone as part of his score for the film The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. It is used during the dramatic "stand-off" scene at the end of the film. You are partly right in that a symphonic arrangement to accompany Metallica was done by Michael Kamen and performed by the San Francisco Symphony, as conducted by Kamen, for the S&M album.

I too am a huge Metallica fan. The first time I can remember hearing them using "The Ecstasy of Gold" during a show was on the "Justice..." tour (which I saw in the soon to be dearly departed Philadelphia Spectrum :() Not to hijack this thread, but it would be interesting to hear from anyone who knows if Metallica used this piece of music earlier than the "Justice..." tour.

webhead05
11-29-2009, 07:22 PM
They have. Metallica has been using "The Ecstasy of Gold" since 1983. They have never played it live to my knowledge because it's simply just their entrance music. If they have played it live it was probably just a quick jam and not the complete version of the song. During concerts it's always a recorded version of the song. The only exception being during the S&M concert in which the orchestra played it.

They did perform a cover of the song on the album "We All Love Ennio Morricone" and it's a pretty bad ass cover if I do say so myself.

I have been fortunate enough to see Metallica live 4 times now and I will continue to see them everytime they come to town!
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_All_Love_Ennio_Morricone)

randy2084
12-06-2009, 05:45 AM
They have. Metallica has been using "The Ecstasy of Gold" since 1983. They have never played it live to my knowledge because it's simply just their entrance music. If they have played it live it was probably just a quick jam and not the complete version of the song. During concerts it's always a recorded version of the song. The only exception being during the S&M concert in which the orchestra played it.

They did perform a cover of the song on the album "We All Love Ennio Morricone" and it's a pretty bad ass cover if I do say so myself.

I have been fortunate enough to see Metallica live 4 times now and I will continue to see them everytime they come to town!
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_All_Love_Ennio_Morricone)

Wow, I had no idea they've been using this piece since 1983. The first time I saw them was as part of the Monsters of Rock show at the (late) Orange Bowl (may it R.I.P.) in 1988 and I don't remember them using it during that show. Good point to note that they only use a pre-recorded version of this music during concerts. I probably should have clarified that in my previous post. And I think you're right, it's always pre-recorded.

If memory serves me correctly, I've seen Metallica 8 times. I try to never miss them when they play in my area (even if that is 1/2 way across the state -- I once took three friends to see them play at the Philadelphia Spectrum from State College, PA when they were touring in support of the Black album.

I'll have to check out their cover on the Ennio Morricone tribute album -- thanks for mentioning that!

Steve635z
01-09-2010, 11:27 AM
They entered to Ecstacy of gold when i saw them......It was amazing...Love when people mix metal with classical, S&M!

Sampson
01-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Well done, Callum.

XxFrAsZeRxX
01-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Wow, I had no idea they've been using this piece since 1983. The first time I saw them was as part of the Monsters of Rock show at the (late) Orange Bowl (may it R.I.P.) in 1988 and I don't remember them using it during that show. Good point to note that they only use a pre-recorded version of this music during concerts. I probably should have clarified that in my previous post. And I think you're right, it's always pre-recorded.

If memory serves me correctly, I've seen Metallica 8 times. I try to never miss them when they play in my area (even if that is 1/2 way across the state -- I once took three friends to see them play at the Philadelphia Spectrum from State College, PA when they were touring in support of the Black album.

I'll have to check out their cover on the Ennio Morricone tribute album -- thanks for mentioning that!
Yea they've always done that. Also after that finishes they go into the opening of the most recent album. IE: on the death magnetic tour they open up with "That Was Just Your Life" and on the black album tour they opened with "Enter Sandman" after that and so on.

Batm92
04-02-2010, 06:00 AM
Extacy of gold....amazing song.

Ichigo2166
06-11-2010, 03:31 AM
They have played their cover of it live once on there cuurent tour and its on youtube.

Zombiel
12-01-2010, 06:22 AM
"The Ecstasy of Gold" is an instrumental song written by the Italian composer Ennio Morricone as part of his score for the film The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. It is used during the dramatic "stand-off" scene at the end of the film.

Actually it's "Il Triello" ("The Trio") during that scene. "The Ecstasy Of Gold" plays while Tuco is running frantically through the cemetary looking for the grave marked Arch Stanton!

KinGod
12-03-2010, 03:31 AM
Yeah, it's a genius idea and Metallica's music worked so well with it

kelnoker
02-11-2011, 09:17 PM
if ure talking about the song when metallica is slowly walking before going on the stage, it's "the ecstasy of gold"

LukeyBoi2kaii8
11-15-2011, 02:45 PM
not joking, but my great aunt is kirk hammetts cousin, so i guess that means that we're related in some way, which is sort of awesome :D anyway Guitar Hero Metallica is insane, if anyone could help me do online cheevs then add me

GT: OhMyGodLuke14