PDA

View Full Version : Most used submissions/Opinions on difficulty to pull off.

MakeshiftMinty
05-12-2009, 09:46 AM
I think submissions are fairly hard to pull off but i seem to be most successful with the arm bar.
I usualy get my opponent to submit at the end of the second round.
I nearly got a submission in th first round, I was in the final animation before locking in a kimura but the bell went just before he tapped.

MIKEVANDERMOLE
05-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Think its fairly easy 2 start a submission off,,its wrappin it up that can b more difficult,,managed an arm-bar,leg-bar,kimora,rear-naked choke hold n sum others i'm not even sure wot they were called!!most of these were playin against a friend but managed 1 or 2 against the computer on 2nd hardest setting

MakeshiftMinty
05-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Getting the hang of it now got a first round submission on the second difficulty.

How do you get in position for a rear choke? Never had the opportunity to try it.

GeezusDylan160
05-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Getting the hang of it now got a first round submission on the second difficulty.

How do you get in position for a rear choke? Never had the opportunity to try it.

Assume the mount position and then from there let your opponent perform a reversal, you should end up in a sit up position with your legs wrapped around your opponents waist, click in RS and voila

Thelorn
05-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Assume the mount position and then from there let your opponent perform a reversal, you should end up in a sit up position with your legs wrapped around your opponents waist, click in RS and voila

You can also take the back from the rubberguard and also from the sprawl postion(if your the one sprawling). Can also take full mount from rubberguard, i really like rubberguard. :o

MakeshiftMinty
05-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Ye ive found out how to do rubber guard. Got a choke half way through the first round.

When i get the game i think my created fighters going to be boxing/bjj.

GeezusDylan160
05-13-2009, 07:36 PM
I also love rubber guard, the reason why I play as shogun more then liddell in the demo lol

Less then a week now, so excited:p

Thelorn
05-13-2009, 07:53 PM
I also love rubber guard, the reason why I play as shogun more then liddell in the demo lol

Less then a week now, so excited:p

Getting there :)...I've already paid for it in full, now just to head to gamestop at mid-night. Glad my gamestop is doing a mid-night release. Heard a lot are not. Should send me a request over live Dylan we can have battles of the rubberguard!

MakeshiftMinty
05-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Im in the UK so ive gotta wait until friday for it :(

Have either of you got a submission using Chuck? or can only a bjj get opponents to submit?

machonach0
05-13-2009, 10:19 PM
When I first got the demo I got 2 submissions with chuck, but it was on beginner. I would think someone without BJJ can't submit someone with it on high difficulties but maybe if neither have BJJ it would be easier on the higher difficulties.

GeezusDylan160
05-13-2009, 10:38 PM
When I first got the demo I got 2 submissions with chuck, but it was on beginner. I would think someone without BJJ can't submit someone with it on high difficulties but maybe if neither have BJJ it would be easier on the higher difficulties.

I don't think BJJ rating will really matter in online fights, in the story mode I feel like what you said with more then likely be true but I have a feeling subs can come at anytime, all depends on how gassed you or your opponent are

haipham
05-16-2009, 12:03 PM
on the first and second difficulty it is easy to submit on the first round. you just have to deplete the other guy stamina to get a submission.
I use Liddell, i just clinch, take down, let them up then do it all over again.
They will eventually get rocked from a clinch take down.
Then go for a submission and you should alway success if you know how to do submission properly.

Frunkis
05-16-2009, 08:08 PM
I play on advanced. I would play expert but the computer is irritatingly good on the ground. Anyway, I've never gotten a submission. I can get to the second stage but then my hand gets tired from spinning the right stick. I really hate games that use button mashing or stick spinning as a game mechanic.

Dert McGert
05-16-2009, 11:40 PM
The only real subs that I have tried were the north/south choke and a flying armbar(yes, you can do it in the game). Both were unsuccesful, but still fun to try.

III Will III
05-17-2009, 12:05 PM
How do i do a submission tutorial doesnt seem to work online :)