PDA

View Full Version : How tough will the internet tough guy talk be when this game comes out?

timpossible
05-13-2009, 01:03 AM
I don't plan on losing ever but I can already see the trash talk for this game.

Most of it will involve people convincing themselves that they actually beat someone up.

Thelorn
05-13-2009, 01:12 AM
I don't plan on losing ever but I can already see the trash talk for this game.

Most of it will involve people convincing themselves that they actually beat someone up.

Yeah. I can see it now, everytime trash talker lands a big punch/kick or gets a nice counter take down he's gonna be gloating. I'm sure if the trash talker wins you may as well mute the headset or take it off till next match. I don't think it's gonna be as bad as Halo 3 or the Call of Duty series though. Not as mainstream.

timpossible
05-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Yeah. I can see it now, everytime trash talker lands a big punch/kick or gets a nice counter take down he's gonna be gloating. I'm sure if the trash talker wins you may as well mute the headset or take it off till next match. I don't think it's gonna be as bad as Halo 3 or the Call of Duty series though. Not as mainstream.

Definitely not as mainstream, but we're dealing with a very specific, much more aggressive type of personality here. Forums will definitely be unreadable for this one.

Thelorn
05-13-2009, 01:53 AM
Definitely not as mainstream, but we're dealing with a very specific, much more aggressive type of personality here. Forums will definitely be unreadable for this one.

True. I know for mostly any online game I don't use a headset unless with friends or party. I won't be using one for this one either.

GeezusDylan160
05-13-2009, 03:58 AM
I for one can't wait to see how many shit talkers play this game. UFC is pretty main stream obviously so I believe that this game could get pretty bad online with some people like in Halo or COD.

Let shit talkers talk shit right? Makes it better once you beat them and they complain about "hacks" or "cheats" or how "this one guy kept doing kicks to my ribs and I can't defend against that so he was cheap"(in other words, they fucking suck and are noobs)

Inyaface13
05-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Little ol thing I call "Friends Only" helped me out a lot.

thefamousamos1987
05-14-2009, 03:15 AM
I for one can't wait to see how many shit talkers play this game. UFC is pretty main stream obviously so I believe that this game could get pretty bad online with some people like in Halo or COD.

Let shit talkers talk shit right? Makes it better once you beat them and they complain about "hacks" or "cheats" or how "this one guy kept doing kicks to my ribs and I can't defend against that so he was cheap"(in other words, they fucking suck and are noobs)

I fully agree with this one of my friends does it pretty bad he never can admit defeat always making something up why he lost.

SynysterMonkey
05-14-2009, 03:19 AM
It should probably be about the same as any other game on LIVE. 70% are douchebags, 20% don't use mics, 10% are actually nice people.

GeezusDylan160
05-14-2009, 03:57 AM
It should probably be about the same as any other game on LIVE. 70% are douchebags, 20% don't use mics, 10% are actually nice people.

lmao got a good laugh out of that, I'd say your percents are just about perfect :P

Thelorn
05-14-2009, 04:37 AM

Hah...sounds right

Dert McGert
05-14-2009, 05:43 AM
Eh, it's going to be typical. I am more concerned with the guys that will constantly just throw one punch or kick.

GeezusDylan160
05-14-2009, 05:57 AM
Eh, it's going to be typical. I am more concerned with the guys that will constantly just throw one punch or kick.

Well thats what the block button and counter system are for:) lol

L Demonic I
05-14-2009, 06:05 AM
Eh, it's going to be typical. I am more concerned with the guys that will constantly just throw one punch or kick. you can easily counter, or you can take him to the ground

Dert McGert
05-14-2009, 07:36 AM
Well thats what the block button and counter system are for:) lol
I know, but it will get old fast fighting Liddell that throws nothing but overhand lefts.

DefJamV
05-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Lol, Dert your signature reminds me of the Frank Mir vs Lesnar fight, how Mir played possum and sucked Lesnar in.

What a douché he is, just like most of the people who will play this game online.

mosin360
05-14-2009, 06:24 PM
I won't bother to have my headset on. Now if I'm playing against a friend then watch out because we've already started the smack talk. :D

k1lls1gn
05-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Oh boy....i can see it now that there is going to be lost of smack talkers....just like on Fight Night 3.

AceBLOODSHED
05-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Win or lose for me, someone is either getting KO'd or tapout. All is good for me! I dont think this game was meant to go to decision. Woo cant wait!

Jimone
05-16-2009, 02:27 AM
Lol, Dert your signature reminds me of the Frank Mir vs Lesnar fight, how Mir played possum and sucked Lesnar in.

What a douché he is, just like most of the people who will play this game online.

wow this guy really is a clown...defjam your opinion doesnt really count as you are one of those homo wwe fans...anyone who watches 2 grown men have fake scripted fights shouldnt really be commenting on how much of a "douche" frank mir is...

GeezusDylan160
05-16-2009, 05:52 AM
wow this guy really is a clown...defjam your opinion doesnt really count as you are one of those homo wwe fans...anyone who watches 2 grown men have fake scripted fights shouldnt really be commenting on how much of a "douche" frank mir is...

Can't believe i'm defend Defjam here but who the fuck said your opinion counts? The guy is a WWE fan so what? I am by no means a wrestling fan but I'd hardly consider the wrestling entertainment industry "homo". You clearly don't respect the industry and realize how physically demanding that level of sports entertainment really is. They go on the road for practically everyday of the year....you get Christmas off? Yeah well they don't...how about Labour Day? Hmmmmm Nope they work that day too. Those "homos" go out there everynight and beat the shit out of each other, wrestling is choregraphed by all means but trust me it's damn real. The blood it's real and sometimes unplanned, but everyone loves a little blood. People break their bones in that industry to. Wrestling is just as physically demanding as MMA just for the sheer fact of how often those "homos" go out there and perform. A champion in MMA will get 4 fights a year at maximum. Well just a simple wrestler in the WWE can wrestle 100+ matches a year, with very little time to work out in between or heal up. You get slammed into the mat in MMA and you get 3 months off to nurse any injuries, you slam into the mat in wrestling and then you do it again and again and again and then you go out there for another 6 nights and do it again. I am a die hard MMA fanatic, but I am not such an arrogant asshole that I can't pay my respects to any other form of entertainment. Wrestlings physicality is underrated because of guys like you that write it off just because it's choreographed. On top of that physicality you hardly ever see your family or friends due to the grueling road schedule. Yeah some fighters hardly see their family because of their dedication to training but most fighters have that luxury of having the family around while training. Learn some respect before you speak out of line and use such derogatory terms as "homo" to describe a form of entertainment that you have a seemingly low 1% grasp of.

P.S. Frank Mir isn't a douche, thats the only thing I agree with you on here.

Apache 117
05-16-2009, 06:53 PM
I think when you get take someone down when they are totally defenceless on an xbox live fight they will simply quit back to dashboard so you dont get your win

BuryTheMinish
05-17-2009, 01:41 AM
First off to GeezusDyian; Well done sir! :]

On topic; it's not so much the trash talk I'm worried about so much as all the people who will disconnect before they lose.