PDA

View Full Version : Page where we can show others our collections

Psycho Chickan
05-13-2009, 03:14 AM
I'm a member of a few sites. One of them is IGN and a "service" they offer is that you can tick any game and add it to your collection. Then I can give a web page address

http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?owner=Chickan_117&mode=edit&lid=1

to anyone and they can go view my collection, sort by platform etc.

I was thinking. Would it be worthwhile setting up a "My Games" page or something for this site?

Then, when friends or family ask what games we have we can just send em a link to the website and it will list them. Would need to be viewable by people both with and without accounts and could also generate some new interest in the site.

Jsutathought

JVViz
05-13-2009, 03:20 AM
They have something on Facebook like this too. I think it would be a cool addition, if the mods are up for it. :p

The Pants Party
05-13-2009, 05:40 AM
You can currently put any game into your collection or wish list. For now it only tallies up the number of users for each game on that game's page, but in the future it will be added to a section in your Profile.

Purge
05-13-2009, 08:36 AM
I like the idea of showing how much of our cold hard cash we've spent on gaming. Do you when the feature will be implemented onto our profile Pants? The future is rather vague.

The Pants Party
05-13-2009, 12:46 PM
The future is rather vague.

With Routine the answer is always "when he's done." :p

Psycho Chickan
05-13-2009, 01:23 PM
The future is rather vague.

lol you sound like a Magic 8 Ball! :)

ChrisDeston
05-13-2009, 01:53 PM
You know, if this does get implemented I'd use it. The only reason I hadn't "Added to Collection" was because I didn't see the point. I just used the Activate Achievements thing. But it would be really helpful seeing how many people own these games, especially in finding people to play/boost/partner up with!

Links in the separate game forums could even be made if this is implemented well and thoroughly. It'll be major effort, but we already have a list of users who have the game tallied, then "in the future" we'll have the individuals full collections on file, surely we could get the game's individual users listed.. If that makes sense? Like, the tally we currently have? Show the names of the users who have it in their collection and have a link to these users in the forums for the individual games.

This could be linked to an extra link to show if you still play it or not (I have PGR4, but I never play it. Same goes for a few other games. It's in my room, but it never moves). And another option for games you're boosting.

I know these are kind of a sep. ideas.. But -shrugs- rather then make a new thread with an idea that's only an addition to the OP I figured it'd be easier to comment on here.