PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Krazie
05-13-2009, 05:00 AM
Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread.

Saracin
04-27-2010, 03:54 PM
So does anyone know if any of the achievements from the Japanese version are difficulty related? I'm starting on normal just to get a taste, but will start over if there's a reason to play on hard. (Even though I suck at these kinds of RPG's lol)

Omfamna
04-28-2010, 02:40 AM
For the Achievement "In Title Only" you have to earn a title at the Adventurer's guild and set it as your title.

file:///C:/Users/Marsha/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.jpg

MiffedPlatypus
04-28-2010, 06:08 AM
For the Achievement "In Title Only" you have to earn a title at the Adventurer's guild and set it as your title.

file:///C:/Users/Marsha/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.jpg

I didn't have to set it as my title, just select it at the Adventure's Guild to get the rewards. I didn't see the title being set for me. o.O

For the Alchemical Aptitude one, you just have to create something with Alchemy at the Smithing Shop and it'll be added to the shop list.

MakoAoyama
04-28-2010, 04:07 PM
You don't really set the titles at all, you just acquire them and then get a bunch of items(like spells and such) for doing so. The titles are more like mini-achievements that get you free stuff in-game once completed.
Anyone who has played Cross Edge will recognize this system. It's identical for the most part. Hell the way towns work in general, even shops and the way you upgrade items, is exactly like Cross Edge.

MiffedPlatypus
04-28-2010, 04:27 PM
That's what I thought too. I like having the little goals. XD

Ryot Control
04-28-2010, 05:27 PM
I just wish Cross edge had a auto system too...

Also I'm noticing that the game keeps record of how many turns you take. Is it already known if one of the achievements goes with your turn count?

Or does it have something to do with the playthrough? I read this on the offical website and I have no idea what it is hinting at.

The world map will show your total turns for the generation, and total turns for the entire game. This turn counter advances by one every time you complete a battle--it has nothing to do with the turns you take in battle.

Being slow is...bad.

magixman
04-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Also I'm noticing that the game keeps record of how many turns you take. Is it already known if one of the achievements goes with your turn count?

Or does it have something to do with the playthrough? I read this on the offical website and I have no idea what it is hinting at.
Well, the amount of turns also effects random events. If you, let's say take a long time grinding at an area. You might miss a few events that might effect the True ending and "special" events.

Vermillion Haze
05-03-2010, 12:21 AM
I got some achievement after getting my 2nd bride via loading up my game before Gen1 end. First I did Elaine, then Luana then my achievement said "You were loved like theirs no tommorow". So idk the criteria, 2 brides, 1 bride at max love maybe?

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Yep you got it, its getting a max love with any character and marrying them, I tried to do them all but it didn't work out but second generation will be different.

Vermillion Haze
05-03-2010, 12:27 AM
I saved before the battle with the king. I could always get 2 of the 3 at max love but that battle always changed 1 to just like. So I got 2/3, then did those few battles over with different responces and got the third. Easy and with minimal extra effort.

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-03-2010, 12:34 AM
Yeah i could of load a save before but I thought since i was doing easy again for pp points and etc. I might as well go on with the story.

Vermillion Haze
05-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Yeah i could of load a save before but I thought since i was doing easy again for pp points and etc. I might as well go on with the story.

One more thing to all the players. Keep your alignment at nuetral through most of the game since it really matters towards recruitment during gen 5. You dont want to miss out on the most bad*** mage in the game due to you being a morality nutjob. You can go light/dark for some events just not too far since it can be problematic.

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-03-2010, 12:48 AM
No worries I know :), but everyone who doesn't know that really should it's not just about getting the True ending but that character you get for staying neutral really does make the 5 gen much more bearable.

Vermillion Haze
05-03-2010, 04:53 AM
No worries I know :), but everyone who doesn't know that really should it's not just about getting the True ending but that character you get for staying neutral really does make the 5 gen much more bearable.

Once I learned dark/light has nothing to do with morality, and the game itself is about balancing the worlds light/dark levels. Going neutral seemed the best way to play.

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-03-2010, 06:03 AM
Yeah playing good and evil or nothing, hell the dialog kinda lies, like when saying the option to not care, the main character says it doesn't matter in a polite way and it hit me, it really doesn't matter what you say he usually a nice guy about it and says an alternative to what the choice says.

Vermillion Haze
05-03-2010, 06:18 AM
Yeah playing good and evil or nothing, hell the dialog kinda lies, like when saying the option to not care, the main character says it doesn't matter in a polite way and it hit me, it really doesn't matter what you say he usually a nice guy about it and says an alternative to what the choice says.

Leonhardt and Ladius are nice guys though. I'm sure the later decendants will be a bit more honest to your choices and not bound by the polite honor-bound knight personality.

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-03-2010, 06:22 AM
Don't worry I don't hate them for doing that I'm actually kinda glad the characters don't just blurt out rude things or just being a complete monster and going out of character, I just wanted them to maybe be a little cold or more serious or something like that will light choices make him more of an approachable character.

Vermillion Haze
05-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Don't worry I don't hate them for doing that I'm actually kinda glad the characters don't just blurt out rude things or just being a complete monster and going out of character, I just wanted them to maybe be a little cold or more serious or something like that will light choices make him more of an approachable character.

True
I'm often forced to pick a dialogue I don't agree with for the sake of keeping another girls <3. So I'm glad Leonhardt never says anything super rude to the girl I actually like. I did hate that event where the girls ask 4 questions each though. I never got to pick the choice I liked the most and you end up saying hurtfull stuff. Like saying you cant stand strong women or you hate unique looking women etc.

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-03-2010, 06:30 AM
Same Infact i hated that part in general it was ridiculous, and just felt like unwanted harem, and I hated how saying you think loving other races is a good thing will piss of the other two geez can they be anymore selfish.

Vermillion Haze
05-03-2010, 06:33 AM
Same Infact i hated that part in general it was ridiculous, and just felt like unwanted harem, and I hated how saying you think loving other races is a good thing will piss of the other two geez can they be anymore selfish.

Exactly
But then again those 3 girls did not mesh well as a team. Felt like a competition from jump street. Fyuria was the least annoying though

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-03-2010, 06:35 AM
Agreed second gen actually get along especially Yayoi and Sherufanir.

Vermillion Haze
05-03-2010, 06:39 AM
Agreed second gen actually get along especially Yayoi and Sherufanir.

I really really wanted to marry Vira Lorr, to be completely honest.

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah me too, she really is an interesting character I wonder what kinda build what she have been if you could have married her, and even though I kinda feel bad a looking at a guide for the game instead of going with my gut before with first generation, but man I missed so many character developing scenes because of it.

Wolfgg
05-03-2010, 03:34 PM
maybe a little off topic on current conversation, but since this topic is for achievement discussion ill continue. One of the things that I like about the game is that the secret achievements are truly secret, usually they get uncovered so quickly that they dont really seem to be hidden, but its the uncharted territory as everyone works to unveil them that really makes me interested in the game.

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Yeah sorry about that :p, some of them are sound obvious but we wont know until we get it, I'm almost close to getting 20 titles maybe that is one of secret achievements, and i really do hope that one achievement seen it/seen it all is getting half/all the gallery pictures.

Vermillion Haze
05-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Why are the bride achievements all different? What makes one bride worth more? Elaine is possibly harder to max out then the other two, that's one reason she might be worth 40 meanwhile Luana is only worth 20.

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-03-2010, 09:34 PM
It depends on your path way in one pathway you get Elaine much later and in one you get Luana a little earlier i believe.

Lazy_Penguin1989
05-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Just got commoner after I got 20 titles so getting In title only, Commoner, Vassal, Lord, Titular is just getting a number of titles, but of coarse were aiming to get them all so just play normally and you will get all of these. Now we know most them and some of them i got a pretty good idea of them, but some are still are just theories Like strong like an ox and the ones related to them might be about getting that max stats of all the categories.

Saracin
05-06-2010, 06:01 AM
The bride achievements might also be based on how easy or hard it might be to keep one of those girls happy without a guide to assist you lol.

MakoAoyama
05-10-2010, 09:46 PM
This was already posted in another thread by luigionlsd, but I think it needs to be reposted here as well. I didn't find this originally, he did.

Full achievement list (including secret):

***Spoiler threshold****

Achievements: 50 Achievements totaling 1000 Gamerscore

01. The First 25 G Checkpoint
Clear Generation 1.
02. The Second 50 G Checkpoint
Clear Generation 2.
03. The Third 50 G Checkpoint
Clear Generation 3.
04. The Fourth 50 G Checkpoint
Clear Generation 4.
05. The Fifth 100 G Checkpoint
Clear Generation 5.
06. For Real This Time 25 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Saw the true ending.
07. The More the Merrier 5 G Checkpoint
Execute a coordinated attack with six characters.
08. Generational Profiling 10 G Completion
Unlock character profiles.
09. Well-read 20 G Checkpoint
Are there still character profiles you haven't unlocked?
10. Almost There... 10 G Checkpoint
There's so much to see.
11. I've Seen Everything 20 G Checkpoint
Have you seen it all?
12. Can We Keep Him? 5 G Checkpoint
You've got to weaken monsters before you can capture them.
13. I've Created a Monster! 5 G Checkpoint
What have I done!?
14. Why Did We Play God?! 10 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Created a special monster by combining other monsters.
15. In Title Only 5 G Checkpoint
Be sure to visit the Adventurers Guild.
16. Commoner 10 G Checkpoint
What's more than 19, but less than 21?
17. Vassal 15 G Checkpoint
What's half of 100?
18. Lord 25 G Checkpoint
What's 10 and 0?
19. Titular 50 G Checkpoint
Earn all the titles. Good luck.
20. Shieldmaiden 40 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Elaine is my bride!
21. Wanderer 20 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Luana is my bride!
22. Rebel 35 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Fyuria is my bride!
23. Hoplite 40 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Valeria is my bride!
24. Priestess 20 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Yayoi is my bride!
25. Rogue 25 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Sherufanir is my bride!
26. Exile 20 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Lavinia is my bride!
27. Cleric 20 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Faina is my bride!
28. Adventurer 35 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Noah is my bride!
29. Warrior 35 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Silvi is my bride!
30. Terror of the High Seas 30 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Hildegard is my bride!
31. Seer 25 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Ryuryu is my bride!
32. Warriors, Assemble! 5 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Your name has been recorded in the hall of heroes.
33. We Can Rebuild Them 5 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Created three marionettes.
34. Heracles 5 G Checkpoint
Strong as an ox!
35. Apollo 5 G Checkpoint
Healthy as a horse!
36. Hermes 5 G Checkpoint
Quick as a wink!
37. Athena 5 G Checkpoint
Smart as a whip!
38. Caerus 5 G Checkpoint
Smart as a whip!
39. Conqueror of the Planes 20 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
You've defeated every foe in the Boundary Plane. You're pretty
awesome.
40. What 10,000!? 5 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
Dealt over 10,000 damage with a single blow.
41. Alchemical Aptitude 5 G Checkpoint
Smithing makes the shop go 'round.
42. Oops 5 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
It seems something unexpected was created. Hopefully it wasn't grass.
43. Special Delivery 5 G Checkpoint
With your Extra Skills combined...
44. Student 5 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
You've mastered one attribute.
45. Teacher 10 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
You've mastered half the attributes.
46. Master 10 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
You've mastered all the attributes.
47. Someday, All This Will Be Yours. 10 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
It's a Boundary Plane and simple.
48. Memorable 500th 10 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
The number of turns has exceeded 500.
49. God-Dragon Slayer 20 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
You've defeated a god dragon.
50. You Complete Me 25 G Checkpoint [SECRET]
You have been loved like there's no tomorrow.

FangtasticBite
08-31-2011, 11:12 PM
Are there any missable achievements?

And does which girl you choose make a differance?

A BAD SNIP3R
02-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Does anyone have an easy way to master each attriubute

Buruma
04-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Does anyone have an easy way to master each attriubute
A bit late but your best bet would be [this site (http://agarest.wikia.com/wiki/Agarest_Wiki)]. As a completionist, I rue the day I started this game. Huge mistake. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to grinding out the remaining achievements.