PDA

View Full Version : Subscriptions

gallardolvr
05-13-2009, 05:53 PM
if you subscribe to a thread i think you should be able to get a PM about the new post, if the post is unread

The Pants Party
05-13-2009, 06:47 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Under Messaging & Notification, change Default Thread Subscription Mode to whichever you prefer (instant, daily, weekly).

kaleido42
05-13-2009, 09:45 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Under Messaging & Notification, change Default Thread Subscription Mode to whichever you prefer (instant, daily, weekly).

I do believe that he meant a pm within the site, not an email, that way if you have it set to do so it will pop up automatically.

Great idea but I don't know how much it would get used as if people did that a lot then you would constantly be getting pm's. I would just find it easier to go to User CP. Just my personal opinion though.

KNUCKS x360a
05-13-2009, 09:49 PM
I do believe that he meant a pm within the site, not an email, that way if you have it set to do so it will pop up automatically.

Great idea but I don't know how much it would get used as if people did that a lot then you would constantly be getting pm's. I would just find it easier to go to User CP. Just my personal opinion though.

I agree dude, i'm subscribed to around 25-30 threads ATM, 60-70 emails a day!
Can you imagine how many PM's you'd get from Every Post?!
SpamTastic!:eek:

The Pants Party
05-14-2009, 12:42 AM
LOL.. I am subscribed to nearly 6k threads, that would be insane! Needless to say I have the e-mail option off completely. :p

I think a PM is a bit overkill. Either get the e-mail or just check the site once or twice a day and you should be fine. ;)

gallardolvr
05-14-2009, 05:26 AM
i only subscribe t threads that i check daily...that mainly what i meant and i never said you had to subscribe to EVERY one!

LoveAGramm
05-14-2009, 05:31 AM
Could you imagine how much it would bog down the server with the bajillion pms a day for everyone. I think we could crash the internet.

kaleido42
05-14-2009, 01:08 PM
i only subscribe t threads that i check daily...that mainly what i meant and i never said you had to subscribe to EVERY one!

Yes but there are still some threads that get a lot of posts in mere minutes and those certainly could cause issues.

Skillet
05-14-2009, 01:30 PM
LOL.. I am subscribed to nearly 6k threads, that would be insane! Needless to say I have the e-mail option off completely. :p

I think a PM is a bit overkill. Either get the e-mail or just check the site once or twice a day and you should be fine. ;)

Is it strange that I'm such an active member... yet I've probably only subscribed to 3 or 4 threads in the entire time I've been here?

I keep it old-school and track down the threads that I previously posted in manually. :p

Andrew x360a
05-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Is it strange that I'm such an active member... yet I've probably only subscribed to 3 or 4 threads in the entire time I've been here?

I keep it old-school and track down the threads that I previously posted in manually. :p

I'm actually with Skillet on this one. I check the same batch of forums every time I get on the site, so I don't think that I'm subscribed to any threads at all.

Ingles
05-14-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm with Skillet and Barrthnine here. I track everything down manually as well. I think I'm only subscribed to the New/Existing Members thread incase anyone has questions and I even check it on a regular basis.

The Pants Party
05-14-2009, 03:26 PM
I just auto-subscribe to anything I've posted in. Makes it easier to keep track if people need additional help, or if there are ongoing discussions like the Entertainment Board, etc.