PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Krazie
05-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread.

sparky6565
05-15-2009, 11:04 PM
They don't look to bad...I hate the online ones though.

Kakansho
05-16-2009, 12:08 AM
I certainly hope Australia gets this game before America. That way, it'll be a LOT easier to get the top 1000 on the SP leaderboards =S

Doug x360a
05-16-2009, 05:13 AM
yea...i hope they reset the leaderboards at least once a month. top 1000 in the world. maybe it can be weekly, not overall. :confused:

Barad
05-16-2009, 03:18 PM
achievements are pretty good much better than the first ones but some on this one may be a bit harder probably..

Killer xSevenx
05-16-2009, 05:12 PM
I hate the leaderboard achievements. If a person doesn't get this game at release than it is very unlikely they will be able to obtain all of the achievements. There is probably very little chance of the leaderboards being reset. This is a movie game and these games tradionally have very little suppoprt after they are released.

Kai Freefall
05-17-2009, 04:58 PM
From the looks of things film games are starting to change in a good way, there less about complete the film and thats it and more about multiplayer and further replay.

Wolverine is a good example just played the demo and it doesn't feel like a film game, hopefully TF2 will be 10x more ;)

WarriorPriest13
05-18-2009, 12:49 AM
I do hope they reset the leaderboards. That makes it easier for people to get certain achievements.

HalfEVILmonkey
05-27-2009, 12:14 PM
there is no way in hell I am getting this game after seeing this achievement list. I like the idea of a guardian MP gametype with transformers, but any leaderboard achievement means an automatic no buy for me just on general f*cking principle

Subzero323
06-13-2009, 07:20 AM
very gay achievements i must say. I will be boosting the online achievements for sure if you up for it wen the game comes out add me gt: subzero323
leaderboard acheivements just makes me want to toss this game in the shitter

WarriorPriest13
06-14-2009, 11:42 PM
there is no way in hell I am getting this game after seeing this achievement list. I like the idea of a guardian MP gametype with transformers, but any leaderboard achievement means an automatic no buy for me just on general f*cking principle
very gay achievements i must say. I will be boosting the online achievements for sure if you up for it wen the game comes out add me gt: subzero323
leaderboard acheivements just makes me want to toss this game in the shitter

You know it really saddens me to see a bunch of people refuse to play a game just because of the achievements. You play a game because it is fun not because the achievements are easy.

Hillskill
06-16-2009, 08:13 AM
The only time I have had to deal with similar Leaderboard achievements was actually the Trophies for Killzone 2. They reset at Midnight Monday morning every week so it was just a case of playing enough to get into the top 1%. The leaderboard cheeves in TF:ROTF says you need to be within the top 100,000, 10,0000 or 1000. Realistically, how many people do you think will actually be online playing this ?

Anyone aiming for this cheeves will have little problems getting them IMHO.

Mrcapcom
06-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Just to let u guys know I played the game and the leaderboard achivements are either glitched or it just works the way I got them. Pop game in switch leader board to friends bam u get all three achivements.

If anything I can think of maybe someone on ur friends list has to have the game but i got the achivement and only one other person I know has it

edit: and the leader board achivements is only for doing the campaign I got past training and did two levels went to the back button on the menu then leaderboards hit Y and bam 3 achivements just my friend on the list and myself and it worked

canad
06-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Just to let u guys know I played the game and the leaderboard achivements are either glitched or it just works the way I got them. Pop game in switch leader board to friends bam u get all three achivements.

If anything I can think of maybe someone on ur friends list has to have the game but i got the achivement and only one other person I know has it

edit: and the leader board achivements is only for doing the campaign I got past training and did two levels went to the back button on the menu then leaderboards hit Y and bam 3 achivements just my friend on the list and myself and it worked

Same here, I don't even have anyone in my friends list. I just played the tutorial and first level went and loaded leaderboards then back to main menu and 3 achivements showed up, hah

Onslaught_fei
06-19-2009, 11:32 PM

Maybe theres not 1000 people on the leaderboards yet. Its not available in the US, yet.

Mrcapcom
06-20-2009, 04:45 AM
Maybe theres not 1000 people on the leaderboards yet. Its not available in the US, yet.

it looks like over 1000 people but even still i played the game and didnt get the achivement at all then i was like hmm let me check my firend after beating like 2 stages soon as i loaded up leaderboards nothing
then i was like this is stupid let me see what friends leaderboard looks like and bam all three achivements poped up after it loaded my friends after hitting Y

aServantOfGod
06-20-2009, 09:24 AM
You know it really saddens me to see a bunch of people refuse to play a game just because of the achievements. You play a game because it is fun not because the achievements are easy.

xbox360achievements.org is a website about unlocking achievements. This website is devoted to pointing out the games with easy achievements and obtaining them. Not pointing out the fun and exciting games to play. Leave that to ign and gamespot.

aServantOfGod
06-20-2009, 09:29 AM

From the looks of your list of completed games, you don't like fun games either. Unless you have the mind of a 7 year old. 3 Viva Pinata games, The Simpsons, Shrek, Meet the Robinsons, Open Season, Surf's Up, Cars, Fuzion Frenzy, TMNT, etc.

Don't try and act cool.

CunningFox
06-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Well, theoretically leaderboard achievements make the ultimate achievement!

Months after the games release, only the people who are truly good at the game will be able to get the achievement. Am I the only person who isn't bothered by that?

N3MeS1S PR1ME
06-20-2009, 09:17 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/Donky24/UP0Izbc.jpg
Life of the Party15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgHost one game of each game type in a PLAYER MATCH game

Set up a 1v1 player match(Deathmatch,Team Deathmatch, Control Points, One Shall Stand, or Battle for the Shards). Set match time to 1min. and rounds to win set to 1. Do it 5 times Bingo Achievement.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/Donky24/UP130VA.jpg
Hold!15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgWin a Control Point round without losing a control point in a RANKED/PLAYER MATCH game

Again set up 1v1 player match on Control Point. Set round limit to 1 and rounds to win too 1. Start match grab 1 control point and let time just run out. Easy.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/Donky24/UP8a-R4.jpg
Smells Like Victory50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgWin a Match as Each of the 15 Default Characters

Not sure if this has to be done in ranked or player match but here is the list of characters needed to do it.
Autobots- Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Protectobot, Aerialbot,Breakaway,Powered up Optimus Prime

Decepticons- Megatron,Sideways,Long Haul, Seeker, Starscream, Grindor, Megatron (flight mode)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/Donky24/UPyXKcM.jpg
Choose a Side15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgWin one RANKED/PLAYER MATCH game as Autobots and one as Decepticons

Set up player match 1v1 deathmatch, set time to 1 min, set rounds to win to 1. Choose Optimus Prime or any autobot and kill other player once. Let time run out and your now halfway there. Do the same thing now this time just choose Megatron or any Decepticon.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/Donky24/UPzoNSQ.jpg
Follow the Leader15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgWhile playing One Shall Stand, as the leader, kill the opposing leader in a RANKED/PLAYER MATCH game

Another easy achievement, just set up a 1v1 player match on One Shall Stand. Pick any character doesnt matter you will become either Prime or Megatron. Just run and kill other leader and you get the achievement.

Tommycbs
06-21-2009, 08:50 AM
I am going to go straight to multiplayer for this... i never usually do, i agree with someone up top... hopefully its weekley leaderboards

dethklok
06-21-2009, 01:57 PM
you guys do know you can switch to the friends part of the leaderboard and still get all 3 leaderboard achievements

CutmanMike
06-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Unfortunately this game looks pretty decent from what I've seen, so I'll buy it even with the leaderboard achieves ;)

SinRG
06-23-2009, 01:22 AM
you guys do know you can switch to the friends part of the leaderboard and still get all 3 leaderboard achievements

Does it require you to play the game at all or can you just immediately load it up and go to the Leaderboards/Friends.

I'm picking up the game tommorow morning, would like to know if I can just grab those achievements first then immerse myself in gameplay or do I have to play a couple of levels, pause, then continue.

Thanks man!

Also, how many hours did it take you to beat the game?

W. Samuel Jones III
06-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Quick question...

Does anyone know if cheat codes like infinite ammo etc disable the achievements.

I appreciate every and all feedback gentlemen. Thanks.:drunk

Terrin
06-24-2009, 01:17 PM
sorry to say the reason when you go to your friends list and you get the achievement is it is loading your stats and most likely your mission stats is in the top 1000.

we tested it with my extra account failing horrible with like a 15 mintue time in the training mission (this is the only mission I did and got it) and he was ranked like 3000 and it only unlocked the other 2 achievements

ponypo2001
06-25-2009, 05:13 PM
sorry to say the reason when you go to your friends list and you get the achievement is it is loading your stats and most likely your mission stats is in the top 1000.

we tested it with my extra account failing horrible with like a 15 mintue time in the training mission (this is the only mission I did and got it) and he was ranked like 3000 and it only unlocked the other 2 achievements

Yup,only the torrenters and 10% of people who genuinly got it early will have got it that easily.I got the game today,1 day ahead of release in the UK,and had to put some work in to get the top 1000.That one is rapidly going to get more difficult to get.Really hoping they reset the boards tomorrow so it puts everyone on an even keel again.

My advice is get the game ASAP and go for the training mission on autobots.I shaved 1 minute+ off the slowest leaderboard time to get into top 1000 so that gives you 70 seconds breathing space as of an hour ago.As more get the game,it'll make that lead less and less.That will force you to play one of the other missions and will require full upgrading and the abilty to get platinum with your eyes shut.I know which I'd prefer.

WarriorPriest13
06-26-2009, 02:44 AM
From the looks of your list of completed games, you don't like fun games either. Unless you have the mind of a 7 year old. 3 Viva Pinata games, The Simpsons, Shrek, Meet the Robinsons, Open Season, Surf's Up, Cars, Fuzion Frenzy, TMNT, etc.

Don't try and act cool.

To answer your question, I actually enjoy the viva games, movie games, kid type games, etc. It gives me something to do with my 8 and 9 year olds. I dont have to act kool for you or anyone. So take your comment and stuff it.

Back on topic: I am sorry for anyone that wants the leaderboard achievements and dont have them. I seriously hope they do reset them (leaderboards) so everyone has a chance to get them.

optics
06-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Got all the Platinum medals for the Autobots. Sometimes it doesn't seem easy, but they are doable. The only ones that get me worried are the ones I get Silver on the first time I play them, but most of the time I get Platinum or gold on my first run. I hate how the timer just keeps going for some missions. There was one Con mission where I was done with everything and I had to wait for Starscream or whoever to finish talking.

Other than the Con achievements, I only have 1 Online achievement left which is the Viral one. I can get that anytime.

CityOfVillains
07-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Got the three Leaderboard achievements with only playing the tutorial lvl. Was ranked 611 on that, but didn't know about witching to Friends list at the time.

xSILENTxHUNTERx
08-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Anybody know the new DLC secret achievement yet?

Spawnus
08-27-2009, 06:28 PM
For 25G I have afew ideas of what it is but need someone to help me with it.

I'm thinking it may be win a match with all the DLC Charactors.

SupremeRapier
09-29-2009, 12:17 AM
For 25G I have afew ideas of what it is but need someone to help me with it.

I'm thinking it may be win a match with all the DLC Charactors.
yep, it is ;p

rodimusprime13
04-02-2010, 04:13 AM
Got the three Leaderboard achievements with only playing the tutorial lvl. Was ranked 611 on that, but didn't know about witching to Friends list at the time.

Using your friend will no longer work. But you get alot of score for how accuate you shots are.

There are two board types time and score.
The time one need you to get your time in the top 100 to get the achivement.
The score ones look at your score in the mission.
Is is based on
1 How accuate you are
2 Getting all the skill shots
3 Complete 1st side objective
4 Complete 2nd side objective

I have a 91% accuate and got 2,3 and 4 in Hunt the Hunter and got to 61th on the leader board on score.

Achilles10Troy
05-26-2010, 06:59 AM
they should have made an award for the guy that's 1 on the global leaderboard after 1 year of the game's launch date....like spend one day with megan fox:D

Katarn84
06-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Just a question about expert difficulty, does it start a new game or overwrite the one i already have? I ask this because I still don't have 100% platinums and I don't want to risk starting a game on expert overwrite my previous game and make me play the whole game again to get platinums (I sweated blood for some of those medals...).

ChiefBurner_3_SE
12-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Just a question about expert difficulty, does it start a new game or overwrite the one i already have? I ask this because I still don't have 100% platinums and I don't want to risk starting a game on expert overwrite my previous game and make me play the whole game again to get platinums (I sweated blood for some of those medals...).

I believe it does actually sucks I know but if can can get them the first time you should be able to do them again. Also should I get 75% expert achieves done before I go for all platinums for both autobots and decepticon campaign?