PDA

View Full Version : Buy or Rent?

Barad
05-13-2009, 08:03 PM
I'v been planning on buying this game for my birthday next month but after all I'v heard of the game being too easy and short and as it should be a rent had made me thinking that maybe this may not be what i should be buying for 30 odd quid and should just be a rental?..what do you guys think?..gotta say though i loved the first one and remenber playing the game for a total of about 70 hours or more..

BulletMagnet Uk
05-13-2009, 11:22 PM
I'v been planning on buying this game for my birthday next month but after all I'v heard of the game being too easy and short and as it should be a rent had made me thinking that maybe this may not be what i should be buying for 30 odd quid and should just be a rental?..what do you guys think?..gotta say though i loved the first one and remenber playing the game for a total of about 70 hours or more..

I think you have answered your own question really. If you liked the gameplay of the first then you'll love this one. It follows on enough that anyone who liked the first will also like this one, yet has enough improvements to make it a better, more rewarding game. However, if cash is a consideration for you, and playability and lifespan important factors, then a rental would surely make more sense.

I'll never understand all these "buy/rent" threads. If people are that undecided then just rent it, you can always buy it at a later date after some first hand experience and actually forming your own opinions.

Barad
05-14-2009, 01:17 PM
ok thx I think ill just buy it at the end lol.

HamsterLV
05-14-2009, 01:28 PM
I suggest rent, cuz you can get 1000 points in one day!

IGzxManiiac
05-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Tbh Himalaybarad i would rent it dude, a big waste of money if you buy it unless you like those games so you plan to do many playthroughs, but if youre after some gamerscore you can easily get it done in about 10-20 hours, and thats not even rushing thats taking youre time. But dont let us stop you from buying it if you love the game.

BulletMagnet Uk
05-15-2009, 12:09 PM
I suggest buy, cuz you can get 1000 points in one day!

Surely thats one of the biggest reasons to rent games? I know I'll buy a game that I wont play again after the day of purchase.. I think not.

HamsterLV
05-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Surely thats one of the biggest reasons to rent games? I know I'll buy a game that I wont play again after the day of purchase.. I think not.
Yes, I meant to write RENT! :p

BulletMagnet Uk
05-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Yes, I meant to write RENT! :p

Fair enough :woop:

HamsterLV
05-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Fair enough :woop: I wonder if they are making Godfather III :rock

Barad
05-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Godfather III would be awsome :p..but i think I'm gunna buy this one after all :woop:..i just loved the first one too much and sure this one is short and too easy but i dont care wanna take it really slow lol and Im sure i will be playing this game many times again in the future.. the vids look too sick..thx for the help and advice guys :)

big red marino
05-27-2009, 08:56 PM
No need to purchase the game. No replay value. Took me 19 hours taking my time. Online was dead when I looked and the only reason for it would be to upgrade the weapons level of your family tree which you do not need. Other than that a pretty cool game.

mosin360
05-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Playing it now and I must say it is very easy. Sure you can still die/get knocked but only if you charge in and not take your time. Would appear that a lot of the issues with the game when it came out was fixed with what looked like a big patch so rent it, you won't regret it.

Bronxs
05-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Depends. If you just want the achievement... rent it. But if you are a fan of godfathers... buy it.

Proellx420
05-28-2009, 02:08 AM
I am a fan of godfather, I own the first one.

I would say this game is definitely a rent, it smaller then the first, shorter and allot easier. Was this meant for kids? The only challenging part of the game was to hit made men with certain kill conditions.

Rent it.

Barad
05-28-2009, 11:34 AM
I have to say guys this is still a buy for me..a cheap buy but a buy :p ..i own the first game and as i said i remember playing it for maybe 100 hours..and I'v been waitng for this one too long just for it to be a rent it! and the films are just immense!.:woop:

Charlie121
05-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Rent it if you have 12 hours to spare in your rental time. Buy if you get it for a cheap price and trade it out when your done.

Barad
05-28-2009, 05:34 PM
ok thx for the suggestion. :)

StuPot
06-17-2009, 02:19 AM
yeah i got it done in 18hrs and i messed about all the time im glad myself i rented it as the online capabilities lacked its polish and shine and is also very difficult to get used to online. ON those thoughts however it kicks gta4 developers in the balls.

jamieCR7
06-17-2009, 02:23 AM
This will be a rental for me aswell, maybe at the start of July :)

VinnyVicious
06-17-2009, 03:42 AM
Here's a code for you Jamie (or whoever uses it first). It unlocks Tommy Cipolla, the pre-order crew member...add him to your squad early, he's a beast.

93NK-2KPS-AEKA-LZWJ

Once you get to the Corleone Compound he's at the top of the stairs (after inputting the code).

Barad
08-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Finally brought this and am glad i did..would make sense for a rental more but I'm just a fan so could'nt resist..

jamieCR7
08-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Finally brought this and am glad i did..would make sense for a rental more but I'm just a fan so could'nt resist..
Have saw you playing this a few times, few questions. Is it easy, and more importantly, good?

Barad
08-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Have saw you playing this a few times, few questions. Is it easy, and more importantly, good?
I wouldn't compare it to something like GTA but its definitely 20 hours of flatout fun..no more, no less, very easy and great singleplayer but the mulitplayer is seriously shit tbh..Overall the achievements are easy and fun to earn.

Hope this helps.

jamieCR7
08-11-2009, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't compare it to something like GTA but its definitely 20 hours of flatout fun..no more, no less, very easy and great singleplayer but the mulitplayer is seriously shit tbh..Overall the achievements are easy and fun to earn.

Hope this helps.
Yes, I am thinking of either picking it up very cheap somewhere or renting it out for a week. Is a week of play enough to 1000G?

Barad
08-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Yes, I am thinking of either picking it up very cheap somewhere or renting it out for a week. Is a week of play enough to 1000G?

Definitely m8, i know someone who has 1000G'ed it in less than 10 hours!..you can easily do it in 3-4 days..Personally i currently have 630G on it and have been playing it for 17 hours buts thats only becasue I'v been messing about just having fun round the singleplayer..Probably my first piss easy game i don't want to rush the gamerscore on lol..but yh its really easy to get 1000 on so be sure to play it and i assure you that you will enjoy it..

jamieCR7
08-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Definitely m8, i know someone who has 1000G'ed it in less than 10 hours!..you can easily do it in 3-4 days..Personally i currently have 630G on it and have been playing it for 17 hours buts thats only becasue I'v been messing about just having fun round the singleplayer..Probably my first piss easy game i don't want to rush the gamerscore on lol..but yh its really easy to get 100 on so be sure to play it and i assure you that you will enjoy it..
Head down to the rental place soon enough, try it then.

Barad
08-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Head down to the rental place soon enough, try it then.

Good Job! ;)

bloodswan
08-27-2009, 01:49 AM
It is a great rental game but longevity isn't one of its strong points so unless you really like the style of gameplay and will play through the story several times then I ould stick to just renting it.