PDA

View Full Version : Novadrome's Out!!

razzleson
12-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Novadrome's out! Woo! Too bad I won't be getting it anytime soon with my short supply of MS points. But here's some info on the game!

Official link HERE (http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/12/20/arcade-novadrome.aspx).

Name: Novadrome
Price: 800 Points
Available in: All Xbox Live regions
Dash Details: Single Player, Xbox Live Multiplayer 2-8, HD (High Definition). Blast, smash and crash your way to victory as you fight friends and foes alike for survival in the combat-driving, multi-player arenas of Novadrome! • Choose from frantic 8-player gameplay or single-player combat driving action set in a far-out alien world. • Play against your friends and blow them up for only 800 points! • 24 distinct off-road buggies to choose from • 15 arenas of non-stop action • 6 event types for pure Novadrome fun!

Enjoy!

adamvansanten
12-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Just played the trial, quite nice if you ask me, think I'm gonna buy this one (as I'm a HUGE carmageddon fan).

DaKing240
12-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Your the first person so far to say something positive about this game...

FragEmAndSmile
12-20-2006, 01:52 PM
I got it this morning before going to work and got about 10 mins with it. It's ok. The arena style fighting reminds me of twisted metal (original) somewhat. It looks kinda plain, far beneath what the 360 can do. With so few new games being released for the 360 right now I guess beggers can't be too choosy?

Kaens
12-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Your the first person so far to say something positive about this game...
It has 200 points. There that makes me the second person to say something nice about it ;)
With so few new games being released for the 360 right now I guess beggers can't be too choosy?
Please tell me you just mean on arcade because I have so many great games that I can't get to right now it's not funny. Hopefully enough to get me through the drought that'll be coming soon.

eggnog
12-20-2006, 08:11 PM
I like this game, but I always liked Carmageddon (sp?) and Twisted Metal, which is what this game reminds me of. I'll be unlocking it once Christmas rolls around, almost all I asked for were gift certificates and MS points. :p

Clayj
12-20-2006, 08:20 PM
This is a pretty fun game, but it can get frustrating at times. More than once I've been wasted because my car didn't right itself right away when I pressed Y.

aPerfektFIaw
12-20-2006, 09:07 PM
I like this game, but I always liked Carmageddon (sp?) and Twisted Metal, which is what this game reminds me of. I'll be unlocking it once Christmas rolls around, almost all I asked for were gift certificates and MS points. :p

Twisted Metal II was the bomb diggity.

Novadrome = booooorrrriiiinnnnggggggg

it just seems too... umm...
i dunno, someone think of a word for me

eggnog
12-20-2006, 09:20 PM
it just seems too... umm...
i dunno, someone think of a word for me

Power-upy?

Dark Fury
12-20-2006, 11:34 PM
I found it a bit aimless... the game mode where you chase for checkpoints was weird cos although i reached them and went through the most i lost... if it was a racing game like Wipeout or an out-and-out combat racer i'd enjoy it, but it seems like a messy car crash (ironic!) of the two..

Also good to see you on here, FIaw (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=2413)! :D

EDIT: I want a new Rollcage (http://www.rollcagestage2.com/) for the 360!

adamvansanten
12-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Hm, after playing it some more (the trial) you guys seem to be right, it gets VERY repetitive after a while... Think I'm gonna pass on this one after all (which is something I do not often do on "new" xbla games (not ports)).

MonsterLlama
12-22-2006, 08:23 AM
Hm, after playing it some more (the trial) you guys seem to be right, it gets VERY repetitive after a while... Think I'm gonna pass on this one after all (which is something I do not often do on "new" xbla games (not ports)).

I found this game a bit cumbersome to play and a bit repetitive as well.:(

Chi-gti 97
01-01-2007, 07:57 AM
I was unimpressed by this game.