PDA

View Full Version : Horrible game search engine!

Tyger7
05-16-2009, 03:18 AM
Okay, I have been on this site for a long time and finally need to vent out on the search engine for games. I am trying to find "Fear 2" but because for whatever reason, it will not accept that game name, even after copy and pasting it from the website guide. Also here is a few examples I was trying.

Searching for game Kung Fu Panda

Kung > lists the game

Kung Flu > No listing

Kung Panda > No listing

Panda > Lists game

Kung Fu Pandas > No listing

I usually spell everything well, and it isn't a typo issue. Just sometimes games won't show up. Fear does not at all no matter what. Same with X-Blades. If I just type in blades, the game comes out fine. I copy and paste the result into search, and it will not find it!

It seems anything with special casing and capital letters throw the system into a dead end. Any way you guys can fix this, or change search settings?

The Pants Party
05-16-2009, 03:50 AM
I can see about having periods (the reason you're not finding "Fear 2" is because the game is called F.E.A.R. 2 - but periods aren't accepted so it still doesn't work) and dashes (X-Blades, X-Men, etc.) added as acceptable search items, but the others you listed aren't our fault. If you spell something wrong or type the name out of order, there is no reason it should show up.

Tyger7
05-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Normal search engines give a "did you mean ____ ". It's quite standard. I can find the games, just some of them are annoying to type in and I have no problems spelling.

AOS Puck
05-25-2009, 06:04 PM
To be honest, I don't know why anyone uses the search engine when they are just looking for a game. It is much easier and faster to just hit Ctrl+F in your browser and start typing the game's name.

JDSensations
05-25-2009, 07:32 PM
To be honest, I don't know why anyone uses the search engine when they are just looking for a game. It is much easier and faster to just hit Ctrl+F in your browser and start typing the game's name.

but that just searches your current page.... i think the op is on about searching for say the guides or the specific forum for a specific game.

to be fair i dont see the problem with the kung fu panda example.... at first it bugged me then i realised how easier and quicker it was searching for games.... frenzy will bring up feeding frenzy fusion frenzy and any others so its handy enough