PDA

View Full Version : Check Lists for Collective Achievements

Pirate
05-17-2009, 02:58 AM
First off, a very big sorry to the mods if this idea has already been asked, but I did not see it on the "Previously Mentioned Ideas" Thread

Second, if this site could somehow implement check list spaces such as shown here:
http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/DamascusMiddle.htm
it would make huge collective achievements such as GTA IV's flying rats, Assassin's Creed's flags, and Crackdown's orbs much easier to keep track of.

Third, yes this might go into the "lazy" category and I might occasionally have short-term memory loss, but I have finished games so many times with only 1 thing missing and it's very frusturating when you have to re-check every location to figure out which one it was. With a check list though, I can just see the spaces checked and head towards the ones I didn't.

Well, now time for the harsh feedback. Bring it on!!! :p

kaleido42
05-17-2009, 04:23 AM
First off, a very big sorry to the mods if this idea has already been asked, but I did not see it on the "Previously Mentioned Ideas" Thread

Second, if this site could somehow implement check list spaces such as shown here:
http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/DamascusMiddle.htm
it would make huge collective achievements such as GTA IV's flying rats, Assassin's Creed's flags, and Crackdown's orbs much easier to keep track of.

Third, yes this might go into the "lazy" category and I might occasionally have short-term memory loss, but I have finished games so many times with only 1 thing missing and it's very frusturating when you have to re-check every location to figure out which one it was. With a check list though, I can just see the spaces checked and head towards the ones I didn't.

Well, now time for the harsh feedback. Bring it on!!! :p

I do believe that it has been suggested before and shutdown but I do think it would be a good idea. Then again a lot of roadmaps/guides have links to places with checklists or better yet checklists with details on each one. Up to a mod though to answer your question better.

Rugger X
05-17-2009, 04:29 AM
I think this has been discussed before and the basic answer was that it would definitely make things easier for people playing the games but it is up to the people who create the guides to decide whether they want to make a checklist like that.

Most of the collection achievements have walk throughs or guides and you can just check things off as you get to them. Incorporating the screen shots like the map you have shown might make things a lot more work.

I think it would be great if every game had a list like that so maybe if you start writing guides like that it will catch on.

jukkakhan
05-17-2009, 04:31 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=142909

It doesn't sound like it's going to happen, especially when the checklists can be done in better/more efficient ways than attached to the achievement checklist.

Pirate
05-17-2009, 04:42 PM
All right, sorry for clogging up the forums guys. This method just helped me out a LOT when I was getting the flags. Thanks for the quick feedback though, always appreciated. :)

I think it would be great if every game had a list like that so maybe if you start writing guides like that it will catch on.

Next time I get a new game that doesn't have a guide, you can count on me ;)