PDA

View Full Version : Dealbreaker...?

SCA KAZUMA
05-18-2009, 12:27 AM
I was looking through the achievements and noticed three of them require one to place in the first 100,000 , 10,000 , and 1,000 in the single player leaderboards. These are the kinds of achievements that make a lot of us irate. Look at GRAW, for example. From what I've heard, no one likes the fact that the game has leaderboard-related achievements. Many refuse to play it simply because of that. Any input on this subject?

Kai Freefall
05-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Doesn't bother me in the slightest, im a huge TF fan, i was raised on G1, im getting the game because i think the film looks awesome, giant robots in multi sounds cool, and challenging achievements give me some healthy replay value.

WarriorPriest13
05-24-2009, 04:48 AM
I was looking through the achievements and noticed three of them require one to place in the first 100,000 , 10,000 , and 1,000 in the single player leaderboards. These are the kinds of achievements that make a lot of us irate. Look at GRAW, for example. From what I've heard, no one likes the fact that the game has leaderboard-related achievements. Many refuse to play it simply because of that. Any input on this subject?

If you refuse to play a game just because of a few achievements then you may miss out on a decent or great game. Achievement, a great game, does not make. ;)

Amblix
05-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I'll probably try to rush through it the first day to try and get the 1k one, hopefully just speeding through one of the campaigns will get it for me.

ethanl2k7
05-25-2009, 03:52 PM
i dont think it really matters, it sounds like it'll be fun, why get a game if its not fun?

Barad
05-26-2009, 02:05 PM
I have a feeling this game will be too easy compared to the first one which was pretty hard..sequels are allways easier..

Mr Magic
05-27-2009, 12:26 PM
I would suggest to get the game the first day it comes out and play your best on your first play through. It's only single player leaderboards so it won't be that hard if you go for it right away.

lostmotiv
06-06-2009, 02:59 AM
ya i imagine getting into the top 100k and 10k will be stupidly easy even a month+ after the game is out. Odds are this game won't sell well or at least anywhere near well enough to make those two very difficult. As for getting into the top 1000 that'll probably only get tough after the game has been out for a fair amount of time. So if those are such a big deal just make sure you either buy the game/rent it as soon as it comes out, and then just go crazy on sp till they unlock (if you do it on first day you'll prob get them within a few levels...)

WarriorPriest13
06-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Maybe they have something like Burnout had where every so often the leaderboard is reset.

a blind beggar
06-16-2009, 08:54 PM
killzone 2 has this too but that sold a lot so it was hard....if you get it on the first day and are in europe (shops open quicker because of time) at the time the shop opens you will get it by booting up the game most likely....they probably won't have leaderboards straight away though,might wait for a week or so

Guido636
06-18-2009, 07:42 AM
I think that piracy will be a big problem for these achievements if the leaderboards won't be resetted... games going out a week before in internet...

CunningFox
06-18-2009, 07:51 AM
I'll probably try to rush through it the first day to try and get the 1k one, hopefully just speeding through one of the campaigns will get it for me.

That is probably what they are trying to do to sell more copies of the game in the first week.

silentb0b
06-18-2009, 04:40 PM
yeap i just got all three of these achieves. gotta get this game early.

Dex
06-18-2009, 11:54 PM
yeap i just got all three of these achieves. gotta get this game early.
Same here; I got all 3 in a row after completing the first mission (not the tutorial, the first real mission).

It only took about 10 minutes, but im sure it will be much harder once more than 1000 people play the game :woop:

SCA KAZUMA
06-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Turns out that I got it at midnight on the 23rd. I played through a few missions and it just popped up for me. You just have to be on the leaderboards for one mission. It doesn't have to be the overall campaign. I was very pleased when the achievements popped because I was able to play through and enjoy it. I'm actually going through the Decepticon campaign as I post this. This game is great. Much better than the first.

moab355
06-25-2009, 07:39 PM
I played it the first day and got all three achievements on my first board. I got lucky. The game is not bad. It is pretty repetitive though. It is a good one to rent.

DreddPirate Rob
06-26-2009, 04:40 AM
I got the game today(Thursday). On my first tutorial run, i unlocked the 100k. I kept loading the leaderboards to see if the others popped up but nothing happened. I planned on redoing the tutorial to improve my score as soon as i was on the level select the 10k poped up. Ran thru the tutorial again with a better time and the 1k popped up.

UCB Disco
06-26-2009, 05:34 AM
I'm ranked in the top 100 in like 4 different levels. Getting in the Top 1000 is REALLY easy, so that's not a problem at all.

TOTKingNothing
06-26-2009, 05:48 AM
Yeah, I got it the day after it game out and got the first two on the same level and then on the next level I got the last one, so its really not that hard to do anyway.

Reaper_Grim
06-26-2009, 03:10 PM
i played through the tutorial about 3 times before getting all 3 of these achieveables. Just blaze through it as quickly and accurately as possible and you should get it with no problems

Cubical Trix
06-27-2009, 03:03 AM
its real easy i got all 3 in first hour and i rented it today

senote
06-27-2009, 09:51 PM
killzone 2 has this too but that sold a lot so it was hard....if you get it on the first day and are in europe (shops open quicker because of time) at the time the shop opens you will get it by booting up the game most likely....they probably won't have leaderboards straight away though,might wait for a week or so

Games release on different days in different countries, In the UK for example, official release day is Friday but you can usually get games on Wednesday from place, in the US I think release day is Monday, Take CoD5 that release 2 days earlier in the States than in Europe.

Back to the subject of the original post, I have to agree with the guy, while It wouldn't stop me getting a game I do feel any game which has leaderboard related achievements punishes those of us who aren't amazing at games. While I appreciate that achievements are meant to be just that, a celebration of an in game event, they should, in my opinion, be achievable by anyone who buys the game and not just those who are good at games.

SCA KAZUMA
07-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Back to the subject of the original post, I have to agree with the guy, while It wouldn't stop me getting a game I do feel any game which has leaderboard related achievements punishes those of us who aren't amazing at games. While I appreciate that achievements are meant to be just that, a celebration of an in game event, they should, in my opinion, be achievable by anyone who buys the game and not just those who are good at games.

I don't know about "achievable by anyone" but it shouldn't be nearly as bad as some are (See Guitar Hero 3).

Xx Overkill VR
07-03-2009, 01:36 AM
there are 23 missions per side and you can place in overall time or score for each mission and for the total of each side

there are 48 leaderboards that you can get ranked on... multiply that by 1000 being the hardest of the 3 achievements and you have 48,000 people who can get the ach assuming each person holds only 1 position...

About 30,000-40,000(i guess) people can get the top 1k ach assuming that they at least know how to play the game and some may hold 2 positions. You shouldn't worry about this achievement. Platinum achievements are really easy and so far all the people that have platinum are within top 1k. You can just go for score and end up with a bronze but be top 1k too.

I am in top 10 on 4 or 5 leaderboards and top 100 on all the others for time and I could care less about score because that is just too many leaderboards to check :)