PDA

View Full Version : Lips Mic for Rockband

Veritas34
05-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Does anyone know when the update is coming to allow the lips mics to work in rockband?

Stufin135
05-18-2009, 12:44 AM
They said it would be like that from the start and it never happened. They keep promising an update and it hasn't happened. I don't think it will ever happen ;).

TurdFerguson64
05-18-2009, 04:05 PM
It's rumored sometime this summer.

Krisko Disko
06-01-2009, 05:16 AM
I hope they make it happen before the next Lips game comes out. I've been holding off on buying Lips until this update came through, but now I'm thinking that I should just go ahead and pick it up anyway and pray to the video game deities that the update actually comes through soon.

v_thorne
06-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Fuck I just rented this thinking it would work with my Rockband mic :( Damn it...

Veritas34
06-06-2009, 12:47 AM
yea i heard the summer . i cant wait the mics work great.

ak74
07-02-2009, 08:02 PM
been waiting for this for 2 months.. it is summer.. gimmie my update.

littleblacksambo
07-15-2009, 05:20 AM
I got this game for my birthday.. really wanting the mics out of it, because my rock band one broke.
And GOD they are awesome

But I can't use them for Rock Band or GH or anythingg :(

toops
09-13-2009, 01:18 AM
well they work with beatles rock band.
and the patch for rb2 will be released with the RBN patch in the next couple months. RBN beta testers that already have the patch have confirmed it

eggflip66
09-19-2009, 04:18 PM
As of now the only other games the lips mics work with are Rockband Beatles and Guitar Hero 5.

spilner100
09-21-2009, 03:44 PM
guitar hero smash hits and metallica works with lips mics too

Jetglaze
09-25-2009, 09:06 PM
There was an update for rockband today that allows you to use the lips mic.

Yeah!! :woop:

AttorneyAtLaw
09-27-2009, 03:20 PM
I dont think it will be patched since microsoft just released wireless mics that are compatible with rock band and guitar hero. They have the exact same plastic body as the Lips mics, but they are different enough so you pay the criminals at microsoft $50 each to be wireless. And since none of microsofts other wireless accessories work worth a damn (except for the regular controllers) you might want to save your money!

Phydeaux
10-12-2009, 05:56 AM
I dont think it will be patched since microsoft just released wireless mics that are compatible with rock band and guitar hero. They have the exact same plastic body as the Lips mics, but they are different enough so you pay the criminals at microsoft $50 each to be wireless. And since none of microsofts other wireless accessories work worth a damn (except for the regular controllers) you might want to save your money!
Congratulations. This is the most idiotic post I've read yet in this forum.

Not only are you flamebaiting, but you're absolutely wrong in your assertions. Not only about the software ability but on the product being shipped.

The Lips mics work in Rock Band 2. Along with every other title verified in the post above yours. Guess you couldn't read those for some reason. And secondly, more importantly, the individual wireless mics being sold now are exactly the same in form and function as the Lips mics. Research a little before you assert something, well, retarded.

missiloon
10-14-2009, 06:11 PM
wil the mics not working with rock band (1) and with guitar hero world tour ? Because I don' t see those tweo games in this topic.

VAYA CON TIOZ
10-14-2009, 06:50 PM
The Lips mics work in Rock Band 2. Along with every other title verified in the post above yours. Guess you couldn't read those for some reason. And secondly, more importantly, the individual wireless mics being sold now are exactly the same in form and function as the Lips mics. Research a little before you assert something, well, retarded.
The LIPS mics doesn´t work with RockBand2 - or?
How do you get them Work?

VAYA

TurdFerguson64
10-15-2009, 04:28 PM
wil the mics not working with rock band (1) and with guitar hero world tour ? Because I don' t see those tweo games in this topic.

They only work with Rock Band 2 and Beatles. Everything from Guitar Hero World Tour and later work with the mics as well.

TurdFerguson64
10-15-2009, 04:28 PM
The LIPS mics doesn´t work with RockBand2 - or?
How do you get them Work?

VAYA

There's an update for Rock Band 2 that enables them.

Phydeaux
10-16-2009, 10:11 PM
There's an update for Rock Band 2 that enables them. Absolutely. Which is what the thread was about in the first place, and it's just hilarious that mere days after they do finally patch it (not so much MS's problem rather than Harmonix trying to consolidate the entirety of a bunch of little improvements in one title update), that jackass comes in here and says that they'll never patch it. Bwahaha.

I've gotten the mic to work on GH:M, GH:SH, TB:RB, but I see mention of getting the mic to work on GH:WT. Absolutely verifiable as fact? My XBox would sync but the game said there was no mic until I got a USB one plugged in.

TurdFerguson64
10-17-2009, 02:56 PM
you're correct. GHWT doesn't work with the lips mics. I meant to say everything AFTER GHWT.