PDA

View Full Version : I see people who already have the game, How/Where did you get it?

Inyaface13
05-18-2009, 04:22 PM
I see a lot of people on here who have the game already and I was just wondering if its only a video game store (Gamestop) or pre-order thing?

scorpian850
05-18-2009, 06:01 PM
People have downloaded the game from torrent sites, and are using a flashed xbox 360 to play it.

jorGe62990
05-18-2009, 06:34 PM
A lot of people also manage to get the game early though connections to game stores and what not.

MusicInjection
05-18-2009, 06:41 PM
and some smaller non franchise stores just sell the game. They often don't care about the street date.

Inyaface13
05-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Yeah true, I guess I just kinda took it the wrong way and thought it might have been in department stores and I guess you can say I am "over excited" for this game, This has been the longest day of my life lol

GeezusDylan160
05-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Yeah true, I guess I just kinda took it the wrong way and thought it might have been in department stores and I guess you can say I am "over excited" for this game, This has been the longest day of my life lol

You and me both buddy, you and me both

My suggestion to you, large amounts of UFC. Spike TV has SIX!!!! (YES MOTHER EFFING SIXXXXX!!!) HOURS of UFC Knockouts concluding with UFC Unleashed: Jackson vs. Jardine :drunk:drunk:drunk

It's making my giddy-ness for this game remain stable

SQad127
05-18-2009, 08:00 PM
I got it on Friday from Downtown LA

mom n pop stores are the way to go

Inyaface13
05-18-2009, 09:48 PM

My suggestion to you, large amounts of UFC. Spike TV has SIX!!!! (YES MOTHER EFFING SIXXXXX!!!) HOURS of UFC Knockouts concluding with UFC Unleashed: Jackson vs. Jardine :drunk:drunk:drunk

Yeah true that, I will more than likely be watching it since I just officially played out the demo. I highly doubt I will be playing as Chuck or Shogun in the actual retail anytime soon. You know we have the same exact winner predictions for UFC 98/99..I really hope Machida wins, Wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd round TKO or even a KO..Would put him up on the map for sure.

Dimekilled
05-18-2009, 09:56 PM
People have downloaded the game from torrent sites, and are using a flashed xbox 360 to play it.

indeed!! i already own it

Inyaface13
05-18-2009, 10:04 PM
To the people who have actually played the retail, How does everything go as far as entrances? Can you make your own for your fighter or is there any at all?

GeezusDylan160
05-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Yeah true that, I will more than likely be watching it since I just officially played out the demo. I highly doubt I will be playing as Chuck or Shogun in the actual retail anytime soon. You know we have the same exact winner predictions for UFC 98/99..I really hope Machida wins, Wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd round TKO or even a KO..Would put him up on the map for sure.

Yeah I agree, I will play as Liddell and Shogun maybe every now and then, but there's such a large selection of fighters, it will be hard to play as just one.

Lol very nice, great minds think alike;) Unlike most people, I actually really like both fighters, to be honest I love just about every fighter in the LHW division. I just feel like Machida is to elusive (which I can beat Rashad has a gameplan for) for Rashad and I wouldn't be surprised if it ended early, Machida's striking is a little underrated to some, but pretty sure people are a little more aware of it following Thiago Silva fight. The only reason I'd want Rashad to win would be to see Rashad vs. Jackson...big strikers, good wrestlers...all out war right there.

Inyaface13
05-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah I agree, I will play as Liddell and Shogun maybe every now and then, but there's such a large selection of fighters, it will be hard to play as just one.

Lol very nice, great minds think alike;) Unlike most people, I actually really like both fighters, to be honest I love just about every fighter in the LHW division. I just feel like Machida is to elusive (which I can beat Rashad has a gameplan for) for Rashad and I wouldn't be surprised if it ended early, Machida's striking is a little underrated to some, but pretty sure people are a little more aware of it following Thiago Silva fight. The only reason I'd want Rashad to win would be to see Rashad vs. Jackson...big strikers, good wrestlers...all out war right there.

Yeah despite who wins out of Machida and Evans, I hope somewhere down the road there will be a Jackson Vs Evans just because of the argument right after the Jackson Vs Jardine fight and how well they match up. I really like Machida because he is basically the "Bruce Lee" of UFC, You know what I mean? Yeah I would say I like Evans too, I see him as the Randy Couture of the LH division, His game plan is study the fighters and own them on there mistakes. I agree too that the LW division is full of really good fighters and if Machida gets the belt, I think he might have it for a while and there is more than a few fighters I would like to see fight Machida.

BuryTheMinish
05-18-2009, 11:39 PM
To the people who have actually played the retail, How does everything go as far as entrances? Can you make your own for your fighter or is there any at all? If you mean entrances like when they're walking to the octagon; no. As far as entrances go when the fighters are being announced, they act as they would in real life, but your CAF's animation is pretty much random.

Dimekilled
05-18-2009, 11:41 PM
To the people who have actually played the retail, How does everything go as far as entrances? Can you make your own for your fighter or is there any at all?

the game menus are slow even i put the game on my 360 hd, and you need to get familiar with them, as far as entrances are acceptable, and i haven't seen the making an entrance option

Big Ralph58
05-18-2009, 11:57 PM
Got mine early from Gamestop! Its fun when you get a hang of the controls

GeezusDylan160
05-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Yeah despite who wins out of Machida and Evans, I hope somewhere down the road there will be a Jackson Vs Evans just because of the argument right after the Jackson Vs Jardine fight and how well they match up. I really like Machida because he is basically the "Bruce Lee" of UFC, You know what I mean? Yeah I would say I like Evans too, I see him as the Randy Couture of the LH division, His game plan is study the fighters and own them on there mistakes. I agree too that the LW division is full of really good fighters and if Machida gets the belt, I think he might have it for a while and there is more than a few fighters I would like to see fight Machida.

Yeah I actually just posted on the MMA thread in the Sports bar how Rampage vs Rashad will happen if not this year the next. Machida IS the new Bruce Lee lol. Rashad as the Couture of LHW is a bold statement but definitely an agreeable one to make. I find that their two styles aren't what I'd consider a "good" match up, just because Machida is so "unorthadox" of a fighter, just so unpredictable, his main discipline is karate but he fights with such an interesting style that I don't really care what he is because every match up means I won't know what to expect. Who's next if Machida wins? Rampage I guess, and then after that....I have no clue, it will definitely set up some interesting fights. I'd like to see Shogun vs. Machida, Griffin vs. machida. Hell just about everyone in the LHW division vs. Machida. Speaking of Griffin though, I'd like to see him vs. Liddell, I know i've heard Liddell is done after losing to Shogun, but I think his one last fight should be against the one man he coached and helped bring to the level that he has achieved

ginuwine_import
05-19-2009, 07:13 AM
if you're in the bay area. i got mine in brentwood.

Inyaface13
05-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah I actually just posted on the MMA thread in the Sports bar how Rampage vs Rashad will happen if not this year the next. Machida IS the new Bruce Lee lol. Rashad as the Couture of LHW is a bold statement but definitely an agreeable one to make. I find that their two styles aren't what I'd consider a "good" match up, just because Machida is so "unorthadox" of a fighter, just so unpredictable, his main discipline is karate but he fights with such an interesting style that I don't really care what he is because every match up means I won't know what to expect. Who's next if Machida wins? Rampage I guess, and then after that....I have no clue, it will definitely set up some interesting fights. I'd like to see Shogun vs. Machida, Griffin vs. machida. Hell just about everyone in the LHW division vs. Machida. Speaking of Griffin though, I'd like to see him vs. Liddell, I know i've heard Liddell is done after losing to Shogun, but I think his one last fight should be against the one man he coached and helped bring to the level that he has achieved

I am going to be honest with you, I personally don't have much respect as some people do for all of the former Pride fighters like Rampage, Shogun, Cro-Cop, Nogueira, Dan Henderson, and Wanderlei, Just because of how they came into the UFC. I know its not there fault and I don't hate them for that but it pisses me off about how Dana White brings them in and pretty much gives them title shots or #1 Contender matches off the bat, You know? You had fighters like Lyoto and Evans who already deserved those matches then when Dana baught out Pride he basically pushed them back..Just like with the Lesnar Vs Mir fight. Check Kongo and Cain Velasquez pretty much deserved there shot, Then Lesnar comes in loses then 1 fight later he gets a title shot...I know its Dana white being greedy but still. Also I think in a way Evans is unpredictable just because of his wrestling background and how hes won his last few fights..Two people I would like to see fight Machida is Jardine and Liddell, Just because of the unorthodox fighting styles. I am not saying this because Chuck has always been my favorite fighter, but he deserves one last fight. I just hate to see him go out like he did. Wouldn't mind seeing Liddell Vs Griffin either or even Liddell Vs Anderson Silva too haha.

tonyturbo
05-19-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm just lucky my brother has his own video/game shop and allows me to play them early as long as I don't go online until the official release date.

sh0ckwave
05-19-2009, 01:46 PM
I am going to be honest with you, I personally don't have much respect as some people do for all of the former Pride fighters like Rampage, Shogun, Cro-Cop, Nogueira, Dan Henderson, and Wanderlei, Just because of how they came into the UFC. I know its not there fault and I don't hate them for that but it pisses me off about how Dana White brings them in and pretty much gives them title shots or #1 Contender matches off the bat, You know? You had fighters like Lyoto and Evans who already deserved those matches then when Dana baught out Pride he basically pushed them back..Just like with the Lesnar Vs Mir fight. Check Kongo and Cain Velasquez pretty much deserved there shot, Then Lesnar comes in loses then 1 fight later he gets a title shot...I know its Dana white being greedy but still. Also I think in a way Evans is unpredictable just because of his wrestling background and how hes won his last few fights..Two people I would like to see fight Machida is Jardine and Liddell, Just because of the unorthodox fighting styles. I am not saying this because Chuck has always been my favorite fighter, but he deserves one last fight. I just hate to see him go out like he did. Wouldn't mind seeing Liddell Vs Griffin either or even Liddell Vs Anderson Silva too haha.

Just because they haven't been in the UFC forever does not make them unworthy opponents. Plus many people who used to watch Pride(like myself) Looked forward to alot of these cross matches. Poor Chuck, he looked sloppy his last fight I just don't think he has it anymore, I think Anderson Silva would kill him.

GeezusDylan160
05-19-2009, 02:17 PM

Nah man I completely understand your point of view, but in their defense, those guys we're so big over in Pride that it would be hard to keep them away from the title scene for longer once they were brought over. I'm no Pride historian, UFC was the only company I knew of for awhile, and then I found out about Pride and then your Hendo, Shogun, Wandy and Rampage came along. A lot of people forget that some of them were the top of their division when they came over. Hendo fought Rampage to unify the belt (in a fantastic fight might I add) and I think that fight really showed how big of an asset these new fighters to the roster were. It was definitely disappointing to some fighters get the pump before others. Kongo was definitely up there for HW until Lesnar came around, Kongo will get his shot if he wins 1 or 2 more fights. The only reason Lesnar was pushed so quickly is because he's the fighter people love to hate and hate to love. People will pay to see someone beat Lesnar because they hate him so much and vice versa. I never liked Lesnar getting the title shot so soon, but then again Anderson beat Leben and then was catapulted to the top of the Middleweight division. 2 fighters and Anderson had the belt, but everyone loves him still (mind you he is getting critisized for recent bouts, Silva vs. Griffin should be a sick fight :D)

As for Liddell, he also has never been my favourite fighter, but I still love the guy. The were playing The Ultimate Iceman special on Spike tv yesterday, reflecting on his career. I loved the entire show because it was just so nice to look back at how he was in recent years and it made me really sad knowing that he won't be fighting in the UFC ever again. He still apparently has one figtht left in his contract and I am praying that Dana does the smart thing and puts Liddell vs. Griffin as the main event for a fightcard in January of 2010. As for Machida vs. Jardine, that would be such a sick fight, both super unorthodox fighters, no clue what would happen there though I anticipate a Machida KO (Jardine's chin is just to questionable at times for my liking)

Inyaface13
05-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Nah man I completely understand your point of view, but in their defense, those guys we're so big over in Pride that it would be hard to keep them away from the title scene for longer once they were brought over. I'm no Pride historian, UFC was the only company I knew of for awhile, and then I found out about Pride and then your Hendo, Shogun, Wandy and Rampage came along. A lot of people forget that some of them were the top of their division when they came over. Hendo fought Rampage to unify the belt (in a fantastic fight might I add) and I think that fight really showed how big of an asset these new fighters to the roster were. It was definitely disappointing to some fighters get the pump before others. Kongo was definitely up there for HW until Lesnar came around, Kongo will get his shot if he wins 1 or 2 more fights. The only reason Lesnar was pushed so quickly is because he's the fighter people love to hate and hate to love. People will pay to see someone beat Lesnar because they hate him so much and vice versa. I never liked Lesnar getting the title shot so soon, but then again Anderson beat Leben and then was catapulted to the top of the Middleweight division. 2 fighters and Anderson had the belt, but everyone loves him still (mind you he is getting critisized for recent bouts, Silva vs. Griffin should be a sick fight :D)

As for Liddell, he also has never been my favourite fighter, but I still love the guy. The were playing The Ultimate Iceman special on Spike tv yesterday, reflecting on his career. I loved the entire show because it was just so nice to look back at how he was in recent years and it made me really sad knowing that he won't be fighting in the UFC ever again. He still apparently has one figtht left in his contract and I am praying that Dana does the smart thing and puts Liddell vs. Griffin as the main event for a fightcard in January of 2010. As for Machida vs. Jardine, that would be such a sick fight, both super unorthodox fighters, no clue what would happen there though I anticipate a Machida KO (Jardine's chin is just to questionable at times for my liking)

Yeah that's why I was saying part of it was Dana's greed and ignoring his fighters, That's why you see some of the fighters in other suits like Andrei, Tito (Did not like the guy but he was a good fighter), and Sylvia. I just think all the Pride fighters should have moved up the ladder just like everyone else, you know? If they really have the talent they showed in Pride it wouldn't take them long at all and it would prove that the original UFC fighters really had what it takes. I just hate seeing the all the former Pride fighters getting fights that they wanted just like Rampage got the fight with Eastman, It was an old loss he had back in the day and he wanted to avenge it. Yeah Liddell has been my favorite fighter since the first TKO of Tito and he had that streak and it made me like him more. I think I am the only one who thinks this but if you get KO'd it really don't make you look bad and really is not a loss, you know? I mean yeah if your getting your ass kicked to each side of the cage then get knocked out yeah but if your winning the fight then you get KO'd, I don't think it makes you look any less of a fighter because 9/10 of KO's are luck and sometimes are out of defence, So Chuck really should keep going till he feels himself that its time to hang it up. I also think Machida would KO Jardine, I would say 2nd round because these are two fighters who are into the whol "feeling out" process. If you ever get a chance, You should try and watch the K1 fights. It's all the stand up game (95% KO's) but these are absolutely the best strikers in the game, I would love to see some of them in the UFC.

Jethrow
05-19-2009, 09:22 PM

I hear you there man, i watching that shit all day yesterday. Also tonight on the late night with Fallon, Dana White will be on the show, talking about the game and the upcoming ufc event. I'll try to get away from the actually fighting online to watch the president.

GeezusDylan160
05-19-2009, 10:40 PM
I hear you there man, i watching that shit all day yesterday. Also tonight on the late night with Fallon, Dana White will be on the show, talking about the game and the upcoming ufc event. I'll try to get away from the actually fighting online to watch the president.

Yeah isn't Griffin supposed to come on with Dana? Big Griffin fan here so I might watch and play at the same time lol

Veritas34
05-20-2009, 12:14 AM
people either download it or friends at gamestop.