PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best fighting techniques?

A Pure Legend
05-18-2009, 08:25 PM
I want to go with a unorthodox style being Boxing because it looks fastest striking style and i know i said BJJ but i changed my mind to Judo because they have devasting throws and decent submission,besides everyone seems to be picking BJJ and to top it off,there isnt enough Judo fighters on the roster .For those who purchased this game early what 2 styles works the best for you?

Spade103
05-18-2009, 08:31 PM
This is just what i've heard!

Boxing: Fast, powerful punches but no high kicks, and really weak kicks
Kickboxing: High, hard kicks, unorthodox punches (Superman punches etc), but low punching power
Muay Thai: Flashy and tight combos, good in the clinch, acceptable power.

Wrestling: Hard to take down, but easy to go against when finally on the ground
Judo: Throws when standing up in the clinch, good submissions but not great for transitions
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: Good for moving around, decent submissions but not the BEST submissions

If i were you, practice with pre-made fighters and see what styles you like.

Edit: When i say like.. for example, Kickboxing has 'Low punching Power'.. I dont mean it wont phase the opponent, i mean it like.. Compare Kickboxing punches to Boxing Punches. Boxing will seem super strong in comparison, doesn't mean Kickboxing's punches cant knock someone the hell out :)

Edit 2: And welcome to the site!

Inyaface13
05-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Yeah like the guy said, It's pretty much up to you and how good you do and what you prefer. I am planning on using Kickboxing and BJJ for my guy but some people are better with other things, So just try all of them out with the actual UFC fighters and then go from there...

Spade103
05-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeah, me too. Kickboxing and BJJ. I want to be good on my feet, and not helpless on the ground (being able to move around and get back up)

Inyaface13
05-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Yeah same here pretty much, IMO in this game, The best combo is a kick boxer/BJJ fighter with high kicking power, submissions, stamina, and take down defense. Basically asking for Gabe Gonzaga...

GeezusDylan160
05-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Yeah same here pretty much, IMO in this game, The best combo is a kick boxer/BJJ fighter with high kicking power, submissions, stamina, and take down defense. Basically asking for Gabe Gonzaga...

lol very nice, from what I've heard, kick boxer/BJJ is the best combo. Kick boxer has good leg kicks, so basically, high leg kick = nice KOs, whereas from my understanding, boxers have weaker leg kicks(even heard that they can't high kick which isn't surprising) Mauy Thai is Mauy Thai, nice, in close, elbows, knees clinching.....nothing amazing(unless your A.Silva of course:p)

Bjj is plain and simple, submissions, takedowns, smoother transitions.

LoveAGramm
05-19-2009, 01:05 AM
Muay Thai is vicious!

sh0ckwave
05-19-2009, 05:47 AM
I myself took Kickboxing and wrestling.

ValkyrieOne15
05-19-2009, 07:37 AM
I'm really diggin Forest Griffins style of Kickboxing and BJJ... Kick like hell with stand-up and nasty submissions on the ground

Inyaface13
05-19-2009, 12:25 PM
lol very nice, from what I've heard, kick boxer/BJJ is the best combo. Kick boxer has good leg kicks, so basically, high leg kick = nice KOs, whereas from my understanding, boxers have weaker leg kicks(even heard that they can't high kick which isn't surprising) Mauy Thai is Mauy Thai, nice, in close, elbows, knees clinching.....nothing amazing(unless your A.Silva of course:p)

Bjj is plain and simple, submissions, takedowns, smoother transitions.

Yeah that's exactly what I am saying, I don't know about you but 7/10 of my KO's are from high kicks. I think if you get a strong kicker who has high stamina you can pretty much bum rush the other fighter with the kicks. As far as the ground goes I would say BJJ is the best just because its basically an "all around" style, The only thing it really lacks IMO is the slams.

GeezusDylan160
05-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah that's exactly what I am saying, I don't know about you but 7/10 of my KO's are from high kicks. I think if you get a strong kicker who has high stamina you can pretty much bum rush the other fighter with the kicks. As far as the ground goes I would say BJJ is the best just because its basically an "all around" style, The only thing it really lacks IMO is the slams.

I love how much we agree on just about everything MMA lol

I believe the only reason kickboxer is such a good choice is because of the kicks, as you said, large portion of your KO's are from them.

I found that BJJ has a smaller likely hood of successful takedowns, so when using a BJJ guy, rely more on counter to the takedown, once you master that as a BJJ guy you're set for life :)