PDA

View Full Version : Preventing Spam in the Comments

jorGe62990
05-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Would it not make sense to just have a line or two near or even in the reply box (disappears when they click or start typing) that would specifically say not to spam or write "first" or whatnot? I know that kind of stuff shouldn't be necessary, but I think it would cut down on a lot of the bullshit comments.

jackanape
05-19-2009, 07:21 AM
Ha ha ha. I totally agree with this. Not to mention the number of people that will see a game they don't like and feel the need to go in and say 'THIS GAME SUCKS'. Wow - really helpful feedback there.

But the comments do get checked and infractions given out for such things, which hopefully stops people being repeat offenders.

Shelton
05-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Good idea.

Another complaint I have with the comments is how confusing they can be when a few are deleted.

Couldn't we have an option to quote? Or maybe you guys (mods) could just leave the numbers alone if a post is deleted?

Tussell
05-20-2009, 09:56 AM
I think one line of text such as this could be sufficient:
Spam Comments Will Result In Forum Infractions
If that was written above the 'comment submission' box I think that we'd be fine and dandy!

Squirrel257
05-20-2009, 10:03 AM
I think that if people were made aware that there will be consequences to stupid behaviour, then there will be less instances of this hapenning. Basiclly what Tussel said.

I myself am sick of seeing hundreds of quotes like:
'This game sux'
'Micro$ charge 2 muhc'
'U r all gay'
'First!!!!!' (when the person was about the 12th comment)
'Im def gettin dis bru'

All these comments are spelt wrong to prove my point.....

ImpendIn_Agony
05-20-2009, 10:08 AM
This is actually a novel idea. If it were to actually stop one out of every five posts from getting spammed it would be good for the site. It sounds completely doable, the question is whether or not it is feasible to implement.

dakisbac
05-20-2009, 12:01 PM
A good idea indeed, and I also support leaving the numbers as is when comments are deleted.

kaleido42
05-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Good idea.

Another complaint I have with the comments is how confusing they can be when a few are deleted.

Couldn't we have an option to quote? Or maybe you guys (mods) could just leave the numbers alone if a post is deleted?

I quite agree with this, it would make things a lot more simpler when you read comments that others have posted, sometimes it can get a bit confusing.

II Mortis II
05-21-2009, 06:09 AM
I think one line of text such as this could be sufficient:
Spam Comments Will Result In Forum Infractions
If that was written above the 'comment submission' box I think that we'd be fine and dandy!

This is a good idea, I get a bit tired of browsing forums to find that they have been filled with junk - a threat will make spammers think twice.