PDA

View Full Version : I have to agree, I am a noob and need some help pls. Enjoying but struggling.

tonyturbo
05-19-2009, 10:36 AM
I meant I have to admit.... been beating pretty bad this morning and had some sense knocked out of me lol.

I'm in need of a litle help. I only play on Beginner as I have never been good at fighting games but I do love UFC. So far i have managed to win my first 7 fights but now i'm getting to the top 10 fighter I can't beat any of them. I'm terrible at reading there blows to counter attack, I'm terrible at stopping there clinch moves and I have no idea how to get out of any submissions. I have done the tutorial but I'm confused at all the buttom assigments and I end up just mashing. Can you guys please give me some good moves to help me pls and tell me how I get out of any type of clinch or submission? I roll the RS clockwise but just can't do it quick enough, so I button mash which doesnt seem to do anything when i`m being sat on. Pls help before I get so frustrated and give up on this game.

Edit: Also, how do you change your striking technique and grappling technique? My character is still on lvl 1 even though I have a record now of 10-0

sh0ckwave
05-19-2009, 01:50 PM
I meant I have to admit.... been beating pretty bad this morning and had some sense knocked out of me lol.

I'm in need of a litle help. I only play on Beginner as I have never been good at fighting games but I do love UFC. So far i have managed to win my first 7 fights but now i'm getting to the top 10 fighter I can't beat any of them. I'm terrible at reading there blows to counter attack, I'm terrible at stopping there clinch moves and I have no idea how to get out of any submissions. I have done the tutorial but I'm confused at all the buttom assigments and I end up just mashing. Can you guys please give me some good moves to help me pls and tell me how I get out of any type of clinch or submission? I roll the RS clockwise but just can't do it quick enough, so I button mash which doesnt seem to do anything when i`m being sat on. Pls help before I get so frustrated and give up on this game.

Edit: Also, how do you change your striking technique and grappling technique? My character is still on lvl 1 even though I have a record now of 10-0

In career mode when you are moving up the ranks, fight the lowest ranked guy, sure you move up the ladder slower, but your skills improve more so you can take on top level guys. Your technique and grappling are improved through the training camps you attend. You need to do the tasks they lay out to get points towards leveling. If you have problems escaping from the ground try when you spar just let your training partner take you down and work on rolling out. Your guy prolly has crappy escape right now because he is so new, so alot of people will sit on him. You just need to throw a few punches to get the guy off balance and roll out and keep trying

tonyturbo
05-19-2009, 02:52 PM
ok thanks for the advice. I didn't actually work out the training camp thing until my 9th fight lol. I kept getting the change training camp email but I didn't actually notice the date get pinned on my calander so I never hit action on that week lol.