PDA

View Full Version : Nate Marquardt

tonyturbo
05-19-2009, 01:12 PM
This guy is a royal pain in the arse. How the hell do you beat this guy once he has you on the damn floor??? i must have tried all morning to beat him but he keeps pulling out the same moves to ground me and I have no idea how to get him off me. How do I stop this guy grabbing my leg all the time ad throwing me to the floor then humping the crap out of me.

Inyaface13
05-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Sprawl+High Leg Kick=KO

tonyturbo
05-19-2009, 01:16 PM
can I do that with my boxer/bjj style? Whats the combo?

tonyturbo
05-19-2009, 01:26 PM
I need to ask one thing...When the gay faggots are sat on your chest and punching the crap out of you, how do you get them off??? This game is going out the damn window in a minute...tooo many buttons and moves to remember from the tutorial.

Kalik2k
05-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Can always pause the game and look at the actions list which shows all the transitions available to you in your current position aswell as the commands to do them.

GeezusDylan160
05-19-2009, 02:03 PM
I may sound like a dick for saying this but stop complaining please:)

I've gotten pretty damn good on the ground from just the demo because
1.I played it everyday
2.I took the time to learn all the moves

Your about the fifth person to ask how to escape the mount....so again I will post, do a transition with the RS, if it works correctly he should take your back then RS transition again to get back up on your feet. Here's what I do, if I'm in the mount position, I hold LB(very important on the ground when your in the less dominant position) and do a small transition with the RS and it alwaysy puts me in the dominate position, if I remember correctly, if your mounted and hold LB and do a RS trans. it actually puts you in full/half guard, from there small or large transition give you the mount.....

if you need any help on the ground people just send me a private message or something, I may not physically own the game, but I'd like to think i've already mastered the ground aspect of it lol:p

tonyturbo
05-19-2009, 02:48 PM
point taken bud, it's so damn frustrating at times, and I'm only playing on beginner lol. So when you say RS, does that mean pressing the right stick or manovuering it from different positions? I understand what you say about the pause menu and the moves, believe me I have done that but the shear size and combinations of all these gets me in a tizz. Like I said, fighting games have never been my forte...ever... but I enjoy watching UFC so would like to figure this one out. I just became champion but I tending to fight more by button mashing and holding LB than anything else. I wish I could figure out some good clinch moves and work out how to get a computer submisission. I've had several goes but I just can't rotate that stick quick enough. Who ever thought about anti-clockwise movement for technical moves needs to be shot, it just feels so hard to get a rythm.

totalstranger
05-19-2009, 05:30 PM
tonyturbo -

relax man, i see you are playing tiger 09. remember how annoying it was to get the putting right ?
once you get the moves down you will love this game.

O G Pukez
05-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Easiest way to get out of mount=

Hold LB and move your RS Up (12'oclock) and AROUND to 3'oclock. Plain and simple.

tonyturbo
05-19-2009, 08:52 PM
tonyturbo -

relax man, i see you are playing tiger 09. remember how annoying it was to get the putting right ?
once you get the moves down you will love this game.

No Tiger is my jewel in my crown and the only game I could safely say I'm one of the best in the world at...all the others I'm terrible at lol. But I know what you mean, practice makes perfect.

Thanks for the tips as well guys, will try that out tomorrow. I have now defended my belt 3 times but now stuck on the Brazilian guy Thelis something. He seems very strong to me. I think I choose the wrong class anyway. I'm never choosing boxing/BJJ tecniques again, it feels like I have no take down moves at all. My clinch and takedown move just pulls my opponent on top of me where he pummels me as I can never get out quick enough. Tell me, once I have the dominant position, what is the best way to make sure he doesn't reverse me?

tonyturbo
05-19-2009, 09:32 PM
I just can't this game, and it's one of those ones were I end up cursing and throwing my controller everywhere because it's so damn frustrating. There is nothing I can do to stop Thelis whatever he is called from mounting me every 10 seconds. I have tried the LB+RS 12oclock to 3oclock but nothing happens. I have just fought the same guy 6 or 7 times, nothing I do can stop him mounting me and breaking my arms. My fighter seems so bad at ground work. I think i`m calling it a day on this one, it just gets me too damn annoyed.

Thanks for trying to help everyone

GeezusDylan160
05-19-2009, 10:39 PM
I just can't this game, and it's one of those ones were I end up cursing and throwing my controller everywhere because it's so damn frustrating. There is nothing I can do to stop Thelis whatever he is called from mounting me every 10 seconds. I have tried the LB+RS 12oclock to 3oclock but nothing happens. I have just fought the same guy 6 or 7 times, nothing I do can stop him mounting me and breaking my arms. My fighter seems so bad at ground work. I think i`m calling it a day on this one, it just gets me too damn annoyed.

Thanks for trying to help everyone

Yeah man I feel for yeah, I got my ass KTFO by Thiago Alves twice now, teaches me for taking the champ on to soon. I've just decided to go back, work up my cardio, speed and strength and spar a lot more, take easier fights, take on the lower ranks until your ready and properly trained for the higher levels. I just took a break from the game and am hoping to tackle Thiago later. You should try to not select Thales Leites (Leites is the last name, just so you know lol) since his submission offense is like 94 or something ridiculous like that, he isn't even that good in real life lol.

fredoche
06-30-2010, 11:03 AM
I have SERIOUS trouble beating Marquardt too :(

Any help appreciated.