PDA

View Full Version : Improving the news section

Caponey
05-19-2009, 06:04 PM
hay fam,
first of all, i just want to say that X360A has become my first, and favorite stop for news! I love how it's updated daily and is very simple to use. However, I just have a few suggestions: would it be possible to maybe add a search to it? Or maybe a search, and a few extras to help organize the archives a bit? Several times I have wanted to come back to something I remember reading about weeks ago, and have to hunt it down.

The Pants Party
05-19-2009, 07:14 PM
If the news is about a specific game (and we've done what we should do by tagging that game), simply use the "Search for a game" box to bring up the game, then on its "Overview" link will be all news we have tied to it.

Some more general news isn't tied to any game so there currently is no way to search for it though. Sometimes also we do a bigger news piece about the daily marketplace releases which may not be tied to anything, or only tied to the biggest game (since we can only tag one game). So it's not foolproof, but it's a start. :)

Caponey
05-19-2009, 08:47 PM
cool, no doubt. i figured there was an easier way than what i was doing, so thanks. great site.