PDA

View Full Version : I just got the Stone Cold Crazy Achievement using a Video

Doug x360a
05-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Hello everyone, I just got the Stone Cold Crazy Achievement on MEDIUM not more than 5 minutes ago using this video:

YouTube - Getting The Stone Cold Crazy Acheivement In Guitar Hero: Metallica 89k

it was amazing, his freeform voices are great got 4x on the freeforms with an 8x star power multiplier gave me 12x and I timed it up perfectly and got a score of 67,146

hope this helps a lot of people out!!!

Stufin135
05-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Got not more people using vids to get vocals achievements again. It really sucks for the people that try to sing to get these achievements.

Crimson Ridley
05-19-2009, 10:35 PM
I'll admit that I tried to use a video on this game, but I couldn't get it to work, so I resorted to learning the song, and using my own voice to get the achievement (Granted, I used an online keyboard for the freeforms, but whatever...).

It's really not as hard as people seem to think, everyone has the ability to hum a tune, if they listen to the song enough. Most people can't get it right after 2 or 3 tries and then give up, thinking that it's impossible. Well it's not. :)

Stufin135
05-19-2009, 10:40 PM
I'll admit that I tried to use a video on this game, but I couldn't get it to work, so I resorted to learning the song, and using my own voice to get the achievement (Granted, I used an online keyboard for the freeforms, but whatever...).

It's really not as hard as people seem to think, everyone has the ability to hum a tune, if they listen to the song enough. Most people can't get it right after 2 or 3 tries and then give up, thinking that it's impossible. Well it's not. :)
:p you should have used my midi file, everyone else seemed to and it worked a treat on beat it ;)

Crimson Ridley
05-19-2009, 10:41 PM
I used it... It didn't work. :p

It worked perfectly on Beat It, but on SCC, pressing A until you get a 2x, then alternating between S and D works so much better.

Frozenghost001
05-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Wait, so how does this work?

do you play it with the microphone in front of the speaker at full volume, and it'll automatically do it for you?

Celestial Being
05-20-2009, 02:09 AM
no, i think you just have to play the song like he does. just do everything like he did

Doug x360a
05-20-2009, 02:12 AM
Wait, so how does this work?

do you play it with the microphone in front of the speaker at full volume, and it'll automatically do it for you?
no, i think you just have to play the song like he does. just do everything like he did

ya i used this by putting the mic up to the computer speakers, ya i know it is kinda cheap but I am a horrible singer and this was the only way I would get the achievement just have to use star power at the right spots

Itsbrown4606
05-20-2009, 05:35 AM
There are just some people out there who are horribly tone deaf.

I'm Brown x360a, and I have a singing problem. :(

Doug x360a
05-20-2009, 03:44 PM

lol, ya no matter how hard i try i can never hit the right pitch's glad this video thing worked

Stufin135
05-21-2009, 12:11 AM

You should join the SPPA - the Singing peoples problems anonymous ;)

itb72
05-21-2009, 02:02 AM
i go to night school and it's really great and can help you get back in tune. it's called "The Vocally Deficient Or People Who Can't Sing Good" school. next up is getting that Stone Cold Crazy achievement. woot!

Kuzan
05-21-2009, 12:25 PM
I could understand the people who did this in WT, but in metallica the vocals actually work. There's no excuse not trying to get it legit.

CRAZYCJ20
05-22-2009, 02:23 AM
I could understand the people who did this in WT, but in metallica the vocals actually work. There's no excuse not trying to get it legit.

Ugh... singing is something that some people just don't have. I personally could practice all day and still do horribly. It is the failure of the GH series in my opinion. You can practice guitar and drums and actually get good, but if you can't sing worth a shit, you're screwed like me.

Blue Radium
05-22-2009, 03:06 AM
If you guys are having trouble with this, I was able to get 65,578 on medium. The guy gets screwy on the part before the 3rd free verse, but you absolutely need to have a X4 on the 2nd and 3rd one for the achievements. As for holding technique, I put both of my speakers together, sandwiched the microphone in-between them, and turned them up all the way (there is no bass boost, and I can feel them rumbling, they are extremely loud.) After a lot of trial and error, that was the only way I could get better than solid before the 3rd free verse to hold the streak, plus it made the last little part better than a sea of solids. On the last part, be sure to use star power as soon as you get it, it refills extremely fast, and missing just 1 of the possible X8s is most likely going to screw you out of the achievement.

UJustWanna
05-24-2009, 07:22 PM
best ive gotten is 58k
tell me EXACTLY what you did

MrGuitarZombie
05-24-2009, 07:57 PM
lies it didnt work! :(

Doug x360a
05-24-2009, 11:32 PM
lies it didnt work! :(

it works, you need to have LOUD speakers and using star power at the designated spots

Coadster1
05-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Congratulations! :)

UJustWanna
05-25-2009, 12:48 AM
I need to know some things. How close do the speakers need to be to the mic, whats the best way to sync, and what difficulty? Oh and the video never combos "hit em hard" which is important

TopVillian
05-26-2009, 12:43 AM
How LOUD does it have to be?

KLGamer
05-26-2009, 09:13 AM
I tried it several times already using the video - yet everytime without succeeding, not even able to complete the song... Fails everytime.

Nirumano
05-26-2009, 09:39 AM
I tried it several times already using the video - yet everytime without succeeding, not even able to complete the song... Fails everytime.

My laptop speakers was able to finish the song, but only got around 25k points. Guess it has to be louder than my laptop can go.

KIDDRAGON67
05-27-2009, 09:25 AM
i need to try this, i can't even sing on beginner, i don't know why!!! but i find it funny trying to do it at parties

ILoveAztecChick
05-27-2009, 05:35 PM
i need to try this, i can't even sing on beginner, i don't know why!!! but i find it funny trying to do it at parties

Haha you sure you can't do it on beginner? I find that hard to believe. Even a fan can do beginner!

FieLdHouZ
05-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Haha you sure you can't do it on beginner? I find that hard to believe. Even a fan can do beginner!
Haha, I think it was sarcastic. That he sings so bad, he can't even pass beginner.

colmotoole2
05-28-2009, 01:11 AM
I gave up on that achievement

FieLdHouZ
05-28-2009, 12:19 PM
I dit it a few times, synced correctly, but no succes. Failed everytime. Im using the headset. Is it impossible with headset? A few months ago I tried the Mike Checka achievement with headset and got 102K.

Blue Radium
06-01-2009, 07:12 AM
How LOUD does it have to be?
I have extremely loud speakers. They cost about 100 dollars as of 10 years ago, so they are probably considered low quality by today's standards, but that doesn't make them any less noisy. I still had to have them turned up all the way. Quiet speakers will not do the trick.

Sniper Riflez
06-01-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm getting like 45k doing this, his freeforms aren't registering. But his singing is, even though in certain sections it goes completely pete tong.

I tried the virtual keyboard on top of it but it's not loud enough.

ChowderlyDude
06-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Ok I tried with this video and I had some success... well, more than singing it myself. I got 49k without going into the 2nd freeform with 4x multiplier because this video will NOT get you an excellent on "hit em hard". I have tried at least 200 times literally over 6 hrs, if it didnt get excellents the first 3 phrases I restarted. I finally got 58k when I let the video do all of it except I sang "hit em hard". Seriously can anyone do a better voice over for the "hit em hard" phrase? I would but I don't know how to edit really. Would be very greatful... ive tried like every other video on youtube on medium, hard, expert and none with any success except for this one (I SUCK at freeforms so I need a video that does it for me and this seems to be the only one... just needs better "hit em hard" and "loose", "out of juice" and it would be perfect... and if im not timing it correctly ill be damned, getting irritated after trying so long.

TopVillian
06-21-2009, 10:19 PM
I just got it using the video. If you have a wireless mic use it! It worked better than my GHWT mic. I ended up with 71k on Expert

Dack124
06-27-2009, 05:47 PM
I tried doing it legit for so long and I still can't get it. I can never get the part where he says "Stone Cold Crazy" and then "Hit him hard".

adriano28
06-28-2009, 05:18 PM
so, why cant you just activate the star power at the beggining of the free-form? someone please tell me because i dont understand.

Cissnei
06-28-2009, 05:35 PM
That would be wasted starpower. It doesn't matter score-wise if you activate right at the beginning or at the last possible moment. As long as you're under starpower at the end of the freeform you get the exact same score.

adriano28
06-28-2009, 06:48 PM
so, it only adds more the x multipliers if its at the end? doesnt do anything in the middle? well i just cant sing stone cold crazy. Is there a way to easily learn the words because i can sing that fast, but dont know the words.

Cissnei
06-28-2009, 07:03 PM
You get points and the end of every phrase when your rating pops up, but you get no points mid-phrase. Same goes for freeforms. So starting starpower before you have to is just like wasting it.
If you have problems singing the words, you might as well hum the song. A lot of people think it's easier this way, I myself suck when I try to hum a song.

adriano28
06-28-2009, 07:13 PM
hey thanks for the hint cissnei. ill try that next time i go for it.

Gattsta
07-03-2009, 03:11 PM
The most points i have been able to get on this song by myself is 35k, lol thats on expert and i have no idea how i did it.
One tip i can give to people trying to do this legit, is when the freeform phrases or w.e their called are comming, i purr, like roll my tounge, and it gets me around like 1600 points at least every time.

I dont know what other people do, but this is a hard achievement! i need this and the tutorials (no guitar hero drums) to 100% metallica!

Murkage
07-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Video removed damn. Had my speakers ready.

RageKun
07-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah I really can't do this, best run with my own hardwork was 54k I want to give up on it, but its the last achievement I need for the game, so it's kinda bothering me, anyone care to do it for me? i'll get you any other achievement you want. Specialy those ones people are struggling so much for, Creeping Death, FightFire with Fire, and the Mastodon song, on drums, they took me about an hour each, not so hard, considering i play drums alot and Guitar, but I really could care less about Vocals, they're just retarded IMO,
so yeah on the side is my gamertag, let me know if you want to make a deal.

Cissnei
07-18-2009, 04:35 PM
If I were you I'd delete this message asap. Such requests are forbidden here and result in a ban. Just a reminder :)

reficuz
07-18-2009, 08:50 PM
argh
The video was removed.
Do you know any other video that can help getting this achievement?

mvc1234
01-13-2010, 10:53 AM
hey guys i just trid for this song comming back to finish my uncompleted games.. every vid i found to sync with wont get the points, i sync right time and everything and my 5.1 system works fine

JAGI974
01-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Use this video:
YouTube- stone cold crazy 65k achievement ON MEDIUM

Sampson
02-14-2010, 05:01 AM
Very useful video.

MrBubbles x360a
02-25-2010, 04:49 AM
Uggh i've broken a many mics in pursuit of this achievement :uzi: