Veritas34
05-20-2009, 12:19 AM
My ground game sucks. any tips?

TheDon
05-20-2009, 12:20 AM
you're not the only one... i suck hard too

Jethrow
05-20-2009, 12:48 AM
same here, i'm still waiting to see if what i was told is true, hasn't worked out for me though yet. I was told that rotating the right stick clockwise forces the submission for you, and rotating the stick counter-clockwise forces against the submission for you. I've tried it since i was told this, but i haven't figured out if it works yet as my matches just haven't given me the chance to really use it. I need some tips too. Mostly i end up just trying to get out, and if i end up on top i usually opt to stand back up. . . . .then fly down with a right hand . . . . .then stand up again. lol

Kalik2k
05-20-2009, 01:10 AM
My ground game was a bit crappy to begin with but in career mode when you get the invites I was always picking Jiu Jitsu and eventually picked it up remembering almost all the controls, also another thing you could do if you just want a better ground game for online ranked matches is go into practice mode and let the cpu take you to the ground.

GeezusDylan160
05-20-2009, 02:45 AM
I prefer the fight on the ground as opposed to standing, so I guess I'm your knight in shining armour lol

Best combo for a career fighter is BJJ/Kickboxer, trust me, tried everything else and it just lacks a good balance of ground and stand up fighting style. Level up your BJJ like crazy, until it hits level 3, then you unlock reversals from all defensive positions, except mount. LB + RS transition does the reversals. Umm the ground game really isn't overly complicated, much easier then what I think people take it for. duhh duhh duhhh ummmm spar A LOT. Improve your submission defense, takedown defense, anything to do with the ground really. Private message if anything super specific is needed help with my friends:)

PeRFeCK
05-20-2009, 03:43 AM
ground game against cpu is easy. ground game against real people, thats where it gets tough, and there are mind games going on.

S1lent B Deadly
05-20-2009, 07:53 AM
I'm 30-30 with 27 submissions and still haven't figured out how to block or reverse transitions regularly. I've watched youtube videos, played the tutorial 5 times and read peoples BS explanations and am starting to get angry. The only way I lose is by somebody getting mount and TKOing me and it feels so cheap. Any actual explanation would be appreciated instead of "It's easy" or BS stuff that simply isn't true. No offense to anyone in this thread it's just I've been surfing looking for answers and get the same responses.

CozierZebra
05-20-2009, 02:50 PM
I have no idea if what I'm doing is correct, but whenever someone gets me on the ground I instantly start doing half circles from down to up or down right to left with the right stick. This usually gets me out of whatever position they have me in and into one where I can make an attempt at a submission.

Once I get the sub. off, I'll start mashing the A button. Not sure if there is an difference to which button you press, but I've only ever tapped anyone out while pressing buttons.

While spinning the right stick, I noticed my fighter doesn't appear to be putting much effort in his sub., but when I tap buttons he wriggles around like he's forcing it.

When someone postures up on me, that is to say, sits on your chest/stomach to attempt a ground and pound game, I first fought this off by trying to time a right stick click as their punch comes down. This will pull them into your defensive full guard I believe is the term.

After Dan Henderson mauled my face like an ape, I started trying to transition out. This either lead to them getting behind me in the offensive back mount, or allowed me to get them back to defensive full guard. From here I can again transition into a sub. attempt, or just get up, cause I loves me some head kicks.

I've found the training camps in career mode to be a real pain. Firstly, because I had no idea you could check the tasks while you were in the training fight. If I had known my technique would definitely be a lot higher. Second is because I suck at the ground game still and BJJ has been very tough for me to learn.

Hopefully things stay how they're going now for me, as I'm having a much easier time with real people's ground tactics that the computer. Who is seemingly invincible as a boxer/wrestler class.

:drunk/end rant

drgonzo
05-20-2009, 04:40 PM
yeah the ground game takes the piss! When someone is on top of me all I can do is block or give my back up to be put back down. At very best I can lock a submission on just to get up but it is all wasting energy. What is the best method to just stand up?

Tem0n
05-20-2009, 05:52 PM
I would say practice your transitions. I find that when i am on the bottom, using transistions is the most effective way to get back up or to possibly get a reversal.

asdf123
05-20-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm at one fight now where the same thing happens every time, the guy take me down and stand over me and as soon as i drop the block from the face he KO me, and i can not remember all the stuff to do in this game, i have tried to practice but whatever....... and i swear no matter what i do nothing works when in this position :P the game is pretty shitty, apart from the actual matches its painful, and now i seem stuck there too, waaahhhh

GeezusDylan160
05-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Well as I said above, private message me with an specific ground game stuff, I don't feel like writing a long ass explanation here, different people are having different problems, just stick to using guys with good Jui Jitsu, when you get mounted and are a BJJ guy, LB + RS transition will put you into open guard offensive. The ground game (in this game and in real life) is just like a game of chess. You need to be ready from any possible move made, think three steps ahead of your opponent. I'm pretty good at BJJ in real life, and I feel like it's carried over into the game for me because I know what I'm doing before I do it, my fingers just do all the work. One thing I am disappointed about, no Go-Go Plata....I love that submission with all my heart.