PDA

View Full Version : x360a - malware error message

Ingles
05-20-2009, 02:33 AM
Hey guys. I was clicking around the forums and ran into this while using Google Chrome. Looked important so of course I thought that I'd let you guys know. I don't know if Google Chrome maybe picked up on one of the ads being potential malware or what. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Here's what it showed:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/j_ingles/Xbox%20360/x360a_malwarealert.jpg

The Pants Party
05-20-2009, 04:24 AM
I checked the same URL you were at and got nothing. Perhaps it was something in that person's profile at the time that isn't there now? Or your computer just caught something else at the same time you visited that page and linked the two, even though they had nothing to do with each other.

Ingles
05-20-2009, 05:10 AM
I checked the same URL you were at and got nothing. Perhaps it was something in that person's profile at the time that isn't there now? Or your computer just caught something else at the same time you visited that page and linked the two, even though they had nothing to do with each other.

I checked again using different browsers (Firefox and IE) and nothing... It displayed everything fine. I checked AGAIN with Chrome and boom. It popped up again. How awkward... :confused: I'm going to check for any updates to Chrome. It's suppose to update it automatically. I should get the beta they offer again as I never had any problems in using it before I reformatted my laptop. Either way, either points you made could be valid. And I like Chrome... I don't want a reason to hate something I enjoy. haha

Webb
05-21-2009, 02:46 AM
It was actually the guy's link out as his homepage to a site called red spin . org which apparently has harmful stuff on it. Even Google says that if you Google it. Feel free to try it with Chrome and let us know.