PDA

View Full Version : Solution for 1st puzzle in Group 3?

T0b3
05-20-2009, 10:52 AM
So guys..

I am currently in group 15 with all under par so if you have any problems in making progress I will try to help you out here..

T0b3

Elaniel
05-20-2009, 11:40 AM
How did you manage it? I'm stuck on it.

T0b3
05-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Okay, I hope this will do it..

X|A|B|C|D|E|F
1|B|X|X|X|X|B
2|G|B|X|X|B|G
3|B|G|X|X|G|B
4|G|B|X|X|B|G
5|B|X|X|X|X|B

1: Take Blue of A5 to X at C4
2: Take Blue of F5 to X at C2
3: Take Blue of A1 to X at D4
4: Quickly grab Blue of F1, go to G3 and slide it towards the left.

Please tell me if it worked for you..

Elaniel
05-20-2009, 12:33 PM
That can't work as there's a black block in the way when you slide to left.

T0b3
05-20-2009, 01:02 PM
That can't work as there's a black block in the way when you slide to left.

Yeah that one disappears after the third move.

Edit: The game gets a lot easier again after group 5.. in fact, the last level of group 5 is the only one I didn't made on par..

Elaniel
05-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Yes it does, but the other blocks are all sparactic around the board.
You say to move F1 quickly, but when you throw on G3, it just hits a black box that when disappears, it hits nothing.

I'm trying to get on par, but when you throw that block for step 4, nothing happens

T0b3
05-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Yes it does, but the other blocks are all sparactic around the board.
You say to move F1 quickly, but when you throw on G3, it just hits a black box that when disappears, it hits nothing.

I'm trying to get on par, but when you throw that block for step 4, nothing happens

There shouldn't be ANY grey boxes left after step 3! They're all gone. Just tested it and it worked.

Elaniel
05-20-2009, 02:05 PM
They shouldn't be ANY grey boxes left after step 3! They're all gone. Just tested it and it worked.

Hmmm... i'll try again see if it works. Thanks for helping :D

T0b3
05-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Hmmm... i'll try again see if it works. Thanks for helping :D

Just FYI, X is a blank space, B is a blue box, G is a grey box.. maybe you mixed things up a bit..

Elaniel
05-20-2009, 04:51 PM
It still won't work.

I end up having 6 blues and 2 greys left.
XXXXXB
GBBXBG
BXXXXB

I can't slide anything as it won't hit anything

T0b3
05-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Okay, I'm gonna make a video tonight.

Elaniel
05-20-2009, 05:33 PM
I sussed it you may have a typo. You sure you dont mean stand in B3?

T0b3
05-20-2009, 06:03 PM
I sussed it you may have a typo. You sure you dont mean stand in B3?

As I mentioned, I tested it and fully worked for me..

Elaniel
05-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Any idea how to do the bonus on Card 5?

T0b3
05-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Any idea how to do the bonus on Card 5?

Also had trouble with this one.. made it a few moments ago.. maybe I'll post a solution tomorrow..

For now, I am busy with the 1st level of Card 20.. the very last level I need to complete under par.. damn.. crappiest map ever!

Outinthedark
05-21-2009, 05:40 AM
I went back and double checked 3-1 and your solution works.

Wrath669
05-21-2009, 09:56 AM
I tried the solution for 3-1 and it did not work for me however I did find an alternate solution that worked.

X|A|B|C|D|E|F
1|B|X|X|X|X|B
2|G|B|X|X|B|G
3|B|G|X|X|G|B
4|G|B|X|X|B|G
5|B|X|X|X|X|B

1. Take the block at A1 drop it at C4.
2. Take the block at A5 drop it at C3.
3. Take the block at F5 drop it at E4.
4. Quickly grab the block at F1 and slide it from standing where grey box used to be at in E3 to the left.

Anyone have a solution for doing the extra puzzle at the end of the third card? I get it in 2 turns but not one and have studying it for pretty much 10 minutes and I cannot seem to think of a way to get it done in 1 turn.

NorthernLass
05-21-2009, 03:26 PM
what do you have to do with the sun block on the bonus level of card 4, I can't figure it out

Outinthedark
05-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Need help with the Bonus of Set 5

T0b3
05-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Solution for Card 20 Level 1:

YouTube - Gel Card 20 Level 1 Solution

Need help with the Bonus of Set 5

There you go:

YouTube - Gel: Set and Match Card 5 Bonus Stage Solution

what do you have to do with the sun block on the bonus level of card 4, I can't figure it out

And last, but not least..

YouTube - Gel Card 4 Bonus Stage Solution

Ljummern
05-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Anyone have a solution for doing the extra puzzle at the end of the third card? I get it in 2 turns but not one and have studying it for pretty much 10 minutes and I cannot seem to think of a way to get it done in 1 turn.

You can move the two mirror blocks in one push.

Anbacken
05-24-2009, 08:25 PM
I need help with card 15 puzzle 5 before i freak out!

T0b3
05-24-2009, 08:52 PM
I can't believe I'm the first to mention it, I've been stuck on this one for 2 days straight!

you have 2 blocks you can move and 2 moving on arrows, blowing them up is no problem but how do I break both walls at the same time that hold the red squares? Aghhh

Any help, much appreciated

There you go:

YouTube - Gel Card 13 Level 5 Solution

I need help with card 15 puzzle 5 before i freak out!

There you go as well:

YouTube - Gel: Set and Match Card 15 Level 5 Solution

Kevin Boleware
05-25-2009, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the help you are providing everybody. I was able to get through all of the single player with no problems. Only had a few that took me more than one or two tries. Having problems with a co-op puzzle though. Can you help out with the co-ops? I believe the puzzle is Card 2 Puzzle 5. Will check and update to make sure that is the one.

Outinthedark
05-25-2009, 07:04 AM
Stumped on 20-3...I'm exhausted I should go to bed :D

Got it of course 2 tried after I post...grinding sucks!

T0b3
05-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the help you are providing everybody. I was able to get through all of the single player with no problems. Only had a few that took me more than one or two tries. Having problems with a co-op puzzle though. Can you help out with the co-ops? I believe the puzzle is Card 2 Puzzle 5. Will check and update to make sure that is the one.
idk dude, that level is easy.

warshark
05-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Can I get some help with Set 12 - Level 4 please. Been stumped on this level for a while now. I'm guessing it somat to do with throwing the block at the right time?

Kevin Boleware
05-26-2009, 12:02 AM
I believe the puzzle is Card 2 Puzzle 5. Will check and update to make sure that is the one.

I checked and it is co-op 2-5. I saw that another thread was asking for help on this one also.

mortimernova
05-26-2009, 01:06 AM
my buddy and i are stuck on co-op 2-5 as well and cannot figure it out. it takes 4 moves to get from one end to the other. we were thinking maybe we had to throw blocks at each other because it allowed them to slide into the middle area but that doesn't seem like a reasonable solution. any thoughts? if we figure it out before a response, i'll let you know.

NorthernLass
05-26-2009, 05:06 PM
T0b3 for the help with the sun block I just couldnt figure out what to do

T0b3
05-26-2009, 07:47 PM
T0b3 for the help with the sun block I just couldnt figure out what to do

Did you miss a word in that sentence? :p

Wrath669
05-27-2009, 05:28 AM
You can move the two mirror blocks in one push.

Wow I feel so stupid. :eek:

Anyways loving the game and am being brought back fond memories of my times with Tetris Attack

Anbacken
05-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Thank you so much TOb3

kupomog
05-28-2009, 04:39 PM
my buddy and i are stuck on co-op 2-5 as well and cannot figure it out. it takes 4 moves to get from one end to the other. we were thinking maybe we had to throw blocks at each other because it allowed them to slide into the middle area but that doesn't seem like a reasonable solution. any thoughts? if we figure it out before a response, i'll let you know.

Do you guys use the Pass button (Y) at all? You can pass a block to your partner no matter where you guys are on the board. Picking it up counts as one move, but the passing doesn't count as anything. If you do that you should be able to clear the level fairly easily under par.

Kevin Boleware
05-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Do you guys use the Pass button (Y) at all? You can pass a block to your partner no matter where you guys are on the board. Picking it up counts as one move, but the passing doesn't count as anything. If you do that you should be able to clear the level fairly easily under par.

WOW!:eek:

I feel like a complete idiot (even though I never saw this mentioned in the tutorial). I would bet that this is exactly the problem I was having.

kupomog
05-29-2009, 04:31 AM
Ya it wasn't in the tutorial, but it was on the Control settings screen which is the only reason I knew about it, haha. It's definitely necessary for some of those evil co-op puzzles :x

mortimernova
05-29-2009, 11:47 AM
sheesh... controls are kind of an irritating thing to hide in the game. regardless, thank you for pointing it out. i'm sure with that bit of information we should be able to get through it tonight.

warshark
05-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeh me and my mate had the same problem on Co-op. We were both annoyed at the game, saying it was stupid etc.. and then we decided to check the controls incase there were some tips. Ah well, now we know...haven't played co-op in a while though. Got stuck on level 3-1, can't master it. Finished and mastered al the other levels.

o Commando o
05-29-2009, 04:11 PM
I need help on Set 16-3 and on 20-3 please . On set 16-3 I keep getting 4 but not 3 and on Set 20-3 I got 9 and the par is 8 . Could someone please help me please :(

kupomog
05-29-2009, 09:20 PM
I hope I explain these clearly enough...

16-3 - So there's the three lines of blocks "sticking out," right? Two horizontal, one vertical. Go to the row consisting of "green, yellow, blue, blue" and push it to the right once. Then go to the column of "red, red, blue, red" and push it up once. Push the last remaining row in and you should have it.

20-3 - This is how I did this one...kinda of hard to explain but... from where you start, walk down and pick up the red block at the bottom. Walk back up until you have three lbs. red blocks to your right. Face down, throw the block that way (Move 01), chase it, grab it go a square over to the right and throw it upwards at the one 100lbs. red block there (Move 02).

Go back up the path you started on and pick up the lone yellow block there. Then line yourself up next to the three 100lbs. yellow blocks to your left. Line up with the bottom block in that group and face right and throw the block (Move 03).

Now go up towards the top of the board, ignore the two red blocks clustered together and grab the lone red block that should be just down and right of those. Go towards the column with the three red 100 lbs. blocks, line up with them to your right (also lining up on the bottom block of that group), face left, throw the block (Move 04).

Now go down and grab the lone yellow block there, place yourself so that the three yellow 100lbs. blocks are to your right. Line up with the top block in the group, face left, throw the block (Move 05) and chase it. Grab it, and throw it back right towards the last group of yellow blocks (Move 06).

Now just go get the two red blocks from the top of the board and place them at the other red blocks and you're done in 08 moves.

regularbanana
05-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Did anyone get the Card 4 Co-op Bonus level under par? It's 16, and I've been able to do it in 17, but I can not get it any lower. Me and two of my friends have been trying for hours and seriously, we can't seem to think of anything. Maybe we're missing something simple, but it's not happening for us. Any tips?

Thanks.

EDIT: Whew, nvm, we finally got it. I don't remember the exactly steps, it was pretty trail and error, and one of the times we finally got lucky. Definitely one of the hardest levels to get par on.

o Commando o
05-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanx for the help it seemed so easy after you explained it . But now the last level I cant get on par is 16 bonus with the par 35 .... so any tips ?
thanx :)

kupomog
05-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Did anyone get the Card 4 Co-op Bonus level under par? It's 16, and I've been able to do it in 17, but I can not get it any lower. Me and two of my friends have been trying for hours and seriously, we can't seem to think of anything. Maybe we're missing something simple, but it's not happening for us. Any tips?

Thanks.

Okay, yeah this one was a pain. I'm not going to detail who should do what, because I actually just used a second controller to do it but I'm going to start from the top left area of the board so use that character that spawns right there.

Move 01: Push the lit red sun block onto the arrow pointing left.
Move 02: Push the lit red sun block on the opposite corner onto the arrow pointing right. Try to push it right as the other block is just hitting that corner. You'll now have two red blocks sliding around.
Move 03: Go to the left and push the lit green sun block onto the arrow pointing upwards. As with the other one, try to push it just as the second red block is just hitting that corner.

If at any time you push it too early and accidentally stop a block from sliding, restart until all three are sliding around (and try not to get hit by them).

Move 04: Pick up the green block from the middle. Drop it to the left of the stationary green sun block.
Move 05: Now go to the bottom edge of the board. Grab the mirror shining upwards. Walking against that bottom edge, line up with the dim block clustered with all the green blocks and drop it.
Move 06: Now go to the top edge of the board. Pick up the mirror on the left (the one that faces right), and take it back down to the bottom edge. Place it in the column of light that the other mirror used to be in.

This should get rid of green.

Move 07: Here you'll want to be quick. Pick up the red block from the middle and drop it under the dim block. It's in the path of the sliding blocks so it should stop them and cluster them together.

So now the block set up is

[x]
[o][x][o]

Where x is dim and o is lit.

Move 08: On the bottom edge, get the mirror facing up, and shine the light at the dim block there.
Move 09: Now take the mirror that faces left, and following the stream of vertical light it's in, line up with the last dim block and drop it.

Should be all there is unless I'm forgetting something!

Thanx for the help it seemed so easy after you explained it . But now the last level I cant get on par is 16 bonus with the par 35 .... so any tips ?
thanx :)

Okay, I got this in 31 moves. There may be better ways but here's mine.

Move 01: Take the top left mirror and drop it on the closest light source (top left corner)
Move 02: Take the bottom left mirror and drop it on the closest light source.
Move 03: Take the bottom right mirror and line up with the bottom right sun block. Drop it so that it shines the light up at this sun block.
Move 04 & Move 05: Push the lit sun block up (still in the line of light) twice and it should now be beneath a dim block.
Move 06 & Move 07: Now you're going to push the block two spaces to the right out of the light source (which will light up the top right block of the original grid). But you'll notice that it still actually lines up with two sources of light in this column.
Move 08 & Move 09: Take this newly lit block and push it upwards twice until it is in the horizontal stream of light.
Move 10 & Move 11: Now push it to the right twice. You'll notice that you're pushing it into a column light that we never placed any mirror on.
Move 12: So go and take the unused mirror here, and go down to the unused bottom right light source, and drop it there to shine the light up to the dimmed block.
Move 13 & Move 14: Push block you just lit two spaces up. It will now be under the other lit block.
Move 15: Now, take the mirror shining the light upwards that isn't hitting any blocks, and line it up with the bottom left block to light it.
Move 16 & Move 17: Just like before, push it up two spaces...
Move 18 & Move 19...and push it two spaces to the right, then leave it.
Move 20 & Move 21: Push the newly lit block two spaces up, into the horizontal stream of light.
Move 22 & Move 25: And push alllllll the way to the other set of blocks *be careful not to accidentally push the two blocks once they are together*
Move 26: Get the mirror we were using, shine the light at the dim block.
Move 27 & Move 28: Push the block two spaces up.
Move 29 & Move 30: And quickly push it two spaces to the right, careful again not to push the two blocks out of sync accidentally.
Move 31: Get the mirror, shine the light up at the dim block.

Collect your stars and victoly dansu.

regularbanana
05-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Wow, thanks. I never thought that one could've been done in nine moves. Must have taken you a while to get that one!

Thanks again!

o Commando o
05-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Cheers that was the last one I needed and now I got The Perfectionist :woop:

regularbanana
05-31-2009, 10:53 PM
kupomog (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=23162), your guide for the par 35 level had two steps which i couldn't really follow. for moves 10/11, I don't see how you can move the block right twice, since it will be out of the light after the first push and can't be moved a second time. Same for moves 18/19.

However, you can move the light reflector in each case to shine on it after you've moved it once and then move it again, and you'll still finish in 35 moves. Maybe I did something wrong, though.

Either way, thanks a lot for that. I don't know how long it would've taken me without your guide.

kupomog
06-01-2009, 08:41 PM
You have to hold the stick down and continue to push it without stopping. Don't take your finger off the stick. You will push it faster if you're already pushing the block to begin with. So if you push it, it will start spazzing out because it has no light and while it is doing that, you will push it again and THEN it will dim out, and you can't move it.

It works, trust me. I do it all the time. It saves moves on certain puzzles.

warshark
06-11-2009, 12:57 PM
If anyone can help me on set 12 puzzle 4 i'd appreciate it.

Can't even finish the puzzle, nevermind master it!

bigjosh323
06-14-2009, 04:33 AM
I can't seem to get to either of these and there the last two I need!
Can somebody please help? :)

kupomog
06-14-2009, 06:28 PM
If anyone can help me on set 12 puzzle 4 i'd appreciate it.

Can't even finish the puzzle, nevermind master it!

There's probably an easier way to do it but I don't bother with the arrows. I put one block next to both 100lbs. blocks. That leaves a space between the sliding blocks on both sides. Then I just drop the last block in one of the spaces (making 4) and as soon as it starts melting, I run it over to the other side and drop it between the others (making another 4). You need to be quick, naturally, but it's possible. And again, probably an easier way to do it.

I can't seem to get to either of these and there the last two I need!
Can somebody please help? :)

20-5 - Go left from the start and pick the block up, then go back to the middle where you started. Face left, throw and chase the block, pick it up and run downwards 'til you stop at the blocks. Quickly face right and throw the block.

Now grab the block farthest to the right, run downwards 'til you stop. Face up and throw the block. Then get the last block, drop it at the corner of the 4 to connect them, and take out the last two blocks while it's melting.

20-bonus - Just push the mirror that's right next to the light source...into the light source. And don't touch anything else.

NorthernLass
06-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Can anyone help me get this in par or less it is the last one I need to do and cant do it in less than 12 moves when par is 9.

Du_69_2
06-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Video walkthroughs for all of the single player puzzle levels are available on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=826A8BA1AC29C2AF&search_query=gel+arcade

kaleido42
06-27-2009, 07:44 PM
I need help with coop card 5 levels 3-5. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. I do own a second controller so I just need assistance with solution. Thanks.

EDIT: Figured it out finally by trial and error. If anyone needs help feel free to ask.