PDA

View Full Version : How do you get someone off you!!!

Too.Sneaks
05-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Jesus christ, I hold LB and move my RS in every which way and they never get the fuck off!

I'm fighting Forest Griffin and all this homo does is get on top and hammerfist me, and I can't get him the fuck off.

When I'm on top of him, he gets me off after 3 punches max and he never takes fucking damage.

I'm going to lose my marbles soon!

jizMasterZer0
05-20-2009, 08:11 PM
when i use a wrestler i have the hardest time getting someone off unless i am in the north south position.

GeezusDylan160
05-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Jesus christ, I hold LB and move my RS in every which way and they never get the fuck off!

I'm fighting Forest Griffin and all this homo does is get on top and hammerfist me, and I can't get him the fuck off.

When I'm on top of him, he gets me off after 3 punches max and he never takes fucking damage.

Patience is key. The ground aspect of MMA in general is all about waiting until the oppurtunity to better your position presents itself. Time your movements. When I get mounted (usually just by Matt Hughes in my story mode) I either just give him my back (RS transition while im in Defensive Mount Position) and then from there I rotate my hips so that I get into Open Guard Offensive (LB + RS transition when he's got your back) Most of the time I never get it on my first try, so I block one or two punches and then go from there, figure out the timing of his punches and then time my transition when I know he won't be trying to stuff/reverse it. If that ain't working for you try Grabbing his arm and then rolling over to Open Guard Offensive (LB + RS transition when he has you mounted). Also if you have him mounted, be patient. Do 1 punch, and then hold back on the RS to block his transition, once he fails to roll over, you rinse and repeat. 1 punch, block transition, 1 punch, block transition. Recklessness and lack of patience will kill you in this game, so just take your time and wait for the right moments, don't let down your defense to throw one punch that won't even hit him, because then they'll catch you when your not prepared. If you need any help with the ground game, Private message me.

ROBi816
05-20-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm having the same issue. I'm getting killed left and right by ground pounds. Three, maybe four punches, and I'm out. It's frustrating as hell, especially when you're trying to stay undefeated. Once they get a takedown, 9 times out of 10 I'm done.

PeRFeCK
05-20-2009, 09:42 PM
boost ur ground strike defense then...

Too.Sneaks
05-20-2009, 09:43 PM
It's a fucking joke. I'm about ready to break my TV with my controller. I can't fucking take it anymore.

The guy sits on top of me and just hits my face. I 1/4 turn my RS.. 3/4 turn it.. NOTHING!! HE DOESNT FUCKING MOVE! I try to fucking block with RB, it just breaks and I get fuckin' KO'd in 4 shots, but of course when I'm on top of him hitting him, he can take 10 and get up no problem.

Bullshit.

PeRFeCK
05-20-2009, 09:46 PM
ive said this in plenty of threads, but ever think that u are just outclassed in stats. dont goto interview/cred crap...always pick the lowest ranked guy to fight, and never , ever, ever accept an early fight request from dana. these will progress your character too quickly. if u are going for undefeated, thats the only way to go about it.

GeezusDylan160
05-20-2009, 10:40 PM
ive said this in plenty of threads, but ever think that u are just outclassed in stats. dont goto interview/cred crap...always pick the lowest ranked guy to fight, and never , ever, ever accept an early fight request from dana. these will progress your character too quickly. if u are going for undefeated, thats the only way to go about it.

couldn't have put it better myself. Honestly how much time have you spent sparring or training? Try sparring and building up your ground strike defense, takedown defense and submission defense and ground strike offense. I'd imagine thats where your encountering problems, You guys shouldn't try to get the Undefeated achievement on your first playthrough, if you lose....well then you lose. I'm like 22-5 in my story, at one point I had a 3 fight losing streak. I realized that my stats were to low so I went back worked on my sparring points to raise sub and take down defense, and now I've beaten every fighter that beat me and I'm on like a 12 fight win streak again. Patience, patience and more patience. You don't become an amazing fighter (or videogame fighter) over night.

Jethrow
05-20-2009, 11:08 PM
i dunno, all i do is move my right stick to 7oclock and rotate counterclockwise to 12oclock.

Kaffei
05-20-2009, 11:27 PM
I also noticed it comes down to stats. I restarted my career mode just to get better sparring in (although I find it difficult at times). I've noticed a major increase when I stopped doing interviews and what not (I still like doing Dana's offers though. Just cuz even in a video game I'd hate to back down). I noticed my submissions/defense were lacking so I built my new career off that and I'm doing considerably better.

And Geezuz I also just took a small bit of your advice earlier and stopped worrying if I lost. I always get 'em next time around haha. (or at least the one I lost to) Even Faber gets knocked down sometimes! Eventually I'll go for the undefeated one but its just a tad difficult on the first playthrough

GeezusDylan160
05-21-2009, 12:00 AM
I also noticed it comes down to stats. I restarted my career mode just to get better sparring in (although I find it difficult at times). I've noticed a major increase when I stopped doing interviews and what not (I still like doing Dana's offers though. Just cuz even in a video game I'd hate to back down). I noticed my submissions/defense were lacking so I built my new career off that and I'm doing considerably better.

And Geezuz I also just took a small bit of your advice earlier and stopped worrying if I lost. I always get 'em next time around haha. (or at least the one I lost to) Even Faber gets knocked down sometimes! Eventually I'll go for the undefeated one but its just a tad difficult on the first playthrough

Yeah see, what you said is a perfect example as to how to create a solid CAF

Thanks man, glad to hear I could help out just a little bit, losing ain't so bad, and your right even Faber has lost. I expect he'll beat Mike Brown next time around, he made a stupid mistake and paid for it. Next time around he'll come in with a better game plan then just being entertaining.

XxBlueSpade2xX
05-21-2009, 05:06 AM
I guess I'll have to quit worrying about being undefeated for now. sigh.

Midnight Malice
05-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Fight smart, build your stats, and don't take fights out of your skill level. When sparring, don't just try and knock the guy out, take him down, let him take you down, do reversals and go for submissions, let him go for submissions and get tech escapes... the more things you do the more stat points you will get.

And for Too Sneaks, we all understand your pissed at the game, but could you at least tone down the fucks? It makes you sound very stupid, and people are less likely to want to help you.

monox1de
05-21-2009, 11:32 AM
I am having a lot of trouble getting out of the ground and pound position. I can grapple to pull them back closer to my body but then trying to rotate out it wont do it. They just get back up and punch me in the face again. Is there anyway of getting out of this position other that catching their punch? This is with every fighter not just my CAF. My online record isnt anything special. It is about even 8-8 fights or so. I mostly get beat by that position. ;\

Midnight Malice
05-21-2009, 11:51 AM
The minor transition from the open guard will only go into head control and back, you need to do a major transition from open guard to kick them off of you and get on your feet. There are quite a few fighters that can transition to other positions from here, but it all depends on who you are using. Go into the action list during the game and see what your fighter can do from that position.

The action list has everything. You have to search for the right situation, or pause it when you are in that situation and it will go right to it.

monox1de
05-21-2009, 12:00 PM
I guess I need to take a little more time on practicing and such before doing more online games. I used the pause a few times to learn transitions to get some back holds. Might as well do it for this situation. Thanks Malice.

elektrixxx
05-21-2009, 12:03 PM
he gets me off after 3 punches
Someone's got a fetish!

Apache 117
05-22-2009, 04:30 PM
When I'm on top of him, he gets me off after 3 punches max.

ha ha never noticed that till now