PDA

View Full Version : career mode help submisson

weatherman2002
05-20-2009, 08:27 PM
im rank 9 on light weight and i have to face nate diaz and right when the game starts he gets me down into a submisson and i cant get out any one have any tips how to beat this submisson freak

HIFOSTAR
05-20-2009, 09:00 PM
It really just depends on the type of fighter you have as well man.

I would recommend going back into training and going over, "transitions" again. Remeber the difference between gaining, "major" and "minor" transitions to help your positions.

Either 1/4 cirle turns on the right stick for minor transitions or 3/4 circle turns for major transitions to gain body positioning. This will be key in trying to avoid submissions.

If all else fails, lose the fight and continue building your character. Remember the achievement for, "Call me 'no touch'" is only needed in one career. And you need to win the belt in all weight classes in order to achieve "Pound for pound champion" So consider this a warm up for future endeavors.

Hope this helps.

GeezusDylan160
05-20-2009, 09:17 PM
im rank 9 on light weight and i have to face nate diaz and right when the game starts he gets me down into a submisson and i cant get out any one have any tips how to beat this submisson freak

Spar, use points to build up your submission and takedown defenses.

roneraven
05-20-2009, 09:55 PM
good luck LOL. Seriously though getting out of a submission requires a major transion as soon as it's put on you, spinnig the right stick clockwise or using attacks by the a and b buttons repeatedly.

As far as getting a submission give up on that idea. Anyone that a decent defense it will be damn near impossible. The closest I have come so far is when the opponent is rocked, then try

weatherman2002
05-20-2009, 10:06 PM
yea but if i give up when i do another weight class all my stats will be gone and i will have to start all over. its all the ppv matches i cannot beat they all go for submissons

roneraven
05-20-2009, 10:19 PM
LOL the best thing to do is practice your game until they can't get a move off. I'm in the welterweight division and me and the top guys will go back and forth without even getting a punch off. It's a position battle when your on the ground. After some time they will tire out and things become easier. Also make sure you take advantage of the camp invites!! Each level gives you a better arsenal to use.

And don't bother with the BJJ skill, it's a waste. Use wrestling, instead of dropping down to guard from a clinch you get slams but you don't get rubber guard which isn't really needed if you know what your doing.

GeezusDylan160
05-20-2009, 10:47 PM
LOL the best thing to do is practice your game until they can't get a move off. I'm in the welterweight division and me and the top guys will go back and forth without even getting a punch off. It's a position battle when your on the ground. After some time they will tire out and things become easier. Also make sure you take advantage of the camp invites!! Each level gives you a better arsenal to use.

And don't bother with the BJJ skill, it's a waste. Use wrestling, instead of dropping down to guard from a clinch you get slams but you don't get rubber guard which isn't really needed if you know what your doing.

I have to disagree with what you said about BJJ, just my opinion though. I found that the rubber guard is a monumental piece of the ground game for this game. Wrestling benefits from the slams which I whole heartedly agree are very helpful, but when you drop down to the open guard defense position from the clinch rubber guard allows you to do a number of things, in two seconds you get the mount position by using rubber guard in the open guard defense position. I just feel like BJJ > Wrestling simply for the smoother reversals and rubber guard I guess. I completely understand your point of view though.

machonach0
05-21-2009, 02:26 AM
If anyone has gotten submission of the night please tell me how you did it.