PDA

View Full Version : a (potential) warning to buyers in the midwest area

taylorxxx
05-20-2009, 09:19 PM
i'm not sure if anyone has come across this, but yesterday i went to a Walmart in Bismarck (North Dakota) to get my copy of UFC. right when i walked in i noticed the theft deturing pillars had a UFC 'billboard' on them. then i noticed that the 'billboard' said June 2nd on the bottom. so good ol' Walmart doesn't have the game. i scooted over to Gamestop and picked it up (although they only had promo copies on display...) and all is good.

just thought there might be someone else out there, maybe in this region, who had a Walmart closer than anything else and i wanted to save them some hastle.

'why didt'n U juss g0 to Gaemstop frst?!?1' as i said, Walmart is considerably closer to me.

PeRFeCK
05-20-2009, 09:43 PM
that sucks. gamestop sucks anyways, they sell used games as new. dont trust it unless its sealed :)

taylorxxx
05-20-2009, 11:14 PM
that sucks. gamestop sucks anyways, they sell used games as new. dont trust it unless its sealed :)

I've never had that problem, but i was pretty surprised to see that the game boxes on the shelf were the promo copies and the dudes had to ask me which system i wanted it on. very strange. does anyone know if there was some sort of shipping error? was there a delay i didn't hear about?

weird...

Big Ralph58
05-20-2009, 11:40 PM
All the walmarts are doing that for some reason I live in Georgia and they are doing it as well. Thats why I got my copy from Gamestop brand new still in the package but I also have a modded 360 and have 3 burned copies of it before I got my actual copy.

Koompbala
05-20-2009, 11:41 PM
I had the same problem with Gamestop they tried to sell me a used game for new even though it wasnt sealed.