PDA

View Full Version : Cheese move !

Jethrow
05-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Ok, twice in a row now this is how the match goes. Bell rings, he runs up and does a kick that i block then he spams me with the same punch over and over, uppercut to the gut. I cant block it, punch back, walk away, or take him down. I swear he must of got me about 20 times before i went down and covered up and lost by tko. Second time, Same Fucken Thing, except this guy after getting me like 15 to 20 times with the same gay uppercut to the gut, he changed to his left hand which gave me just the amount of time to take him down, and i actually choked him out.

You guys seeing alot of this cheesy gameplay? What would be the easiest way out of this situation.?

JesseG
05-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Be happy your online even works.

Jethrow
05-20-2009, 11:16 PM
what's wrong with yours?

JesseG
05-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Never find a game and when I do its laggy. I just finished my second non laggy game out of I think 9 and Ive been searching for almost 2 hours.

Jethrow
05-20-2009, 11:20 PM
ya i just read your other post i responded in the other thread, hit me up on live tonight if you wanna set up a private game and have a few matches, see how your connection is.

GeezusDylan160
05-21-2009, 12:04 AM
if he's uppercutting you to the gut can't you just body block?(RT)
If not trying using RS counters moving the RS down when the guy throws the punch counters low shots and RS up when the guy throws the punch at your face counters the higher up punches and kicks.

Jethrow
05-21-2009, 12:08 AM
if he's uppercutting you to the gut can't you just body block?(RT)
If not trying using RS counters moving the RS down when the guy throws the punch counters low shots and RS up when the guy throws the punch at your face counters the higher up punches and kicks.

I dunno man, i've been trying it, next time i run into it i'll make sure i try harder at it. You can't even block because each punch that lands makes have to try the block again, and his punch lands before you can block. GRRRR

I'd have to say its my only complaint for this game. As if this game only got an 8/10.

GeezusDylan160
05-21-2009, 12:14 AM
I dunno man, i've been trying it, next time i run into it i'll make sure i try harder at it. You can't even block because each punch that lands makes have to try the block again, and his punch lands before you can block. GRRRR

I'd have to say its my only complaint for this game. As if this game only got an 8/10.

K then most definitely try RS counter, sounds like it's towards your body so I suggest RS down counter. Hope it all works out for you man

J Lew332
05-21-2009, 02:24 AM
K then most definitely try RS counter, sounds like it's towards your body so I suggest RS down counter. Hope it all works out for you man

I was just gonna say that. To ths TS, I know exactly what your saying people do that all the time. The RS works best against that, I found it out the hard way.

Midnight Malice
05-21-2009, 03:53 AM
yeah, there really isn't a sure spam move that will work, sure there are more powerful strats than others, but it is up to you to defend it... just get used to defending the moves people do a lot and you won't have a hard time online.

Jethrow
05-21-2009, 03:54 AM
I was just gonna say that. To ths TS, I know exactly what your saying people do that all the time. The RS works best against that, I found it out the hard way.

cool thanks man

GeezusDylan160
05-21-2009, 04:07 AM
yeah, there really isn't a sure spam move that will work, sure there are more powerful strats than others, but it is up to you to defend it... just get used to defending the moves people do a lot and you won't have a hard time online.

Yeah I agree, to many people try spamming but fail horrible, on another thread I told the story behind my first online fight. Lesnar (me) vs. Frank Mir. Guy threw like 10 head kicks in a row and 2 actually connected so I started countering and he was getting pissed said I was cheating so I let him up and he throws more head kicks:p so I made life easy for the both of us, countered, took him down, rocked him and then let him back up (to raise his confidence and think he's cool) and then I knocked his ass out....moral of the story: SPAMMING = FAIL

ValkyrieOne15
05-21-2009, 05:05 AM
Ok, twice in a row now this is how the match goes. Bell rings, he runs up and does a kick that i block then he spams me with the same punch over and over, uppercut to the gut. I cant block it, punch back, walk away, or take him down. I swear he must of got me about 20 times before i went down and covered up and lost by tko. Second time, Same Fucken Thing, except this guy after getting me like 15 to 20 times with the same gay uppercut to the gut, he changed to his left hand which gave me just the amount of time to take him down, and i actually choked him out.

You guys seeing alot of this cheesy gameplay? What would be the easiest way out of this situation.?

Holy shit... I've been running into the EXACT same thing... I think i'm done with online for a long f*ckin time... I've never been so upset at online play... I know exactly what to do but nooooo just spam spam spam punch punch punch... If you couldn't tell i just lost a fight so im so damn pissed...

Jethrow
05-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Holy shit... I've been running into the EXACT same thing... I think i'm done with online for a long f*ckin time... I've never been so upset at online play... I know exactly what to do but nooooo just spam spam spam punch punch punch... If you couldn't tell i just lost a fight so im so damn pissed...

I know man, i've tried to use the advice given on here but it just doesn't seem to work, the punches are so quick that as soon as my guy tries to do anything hes hit again. I hear you on the rage you have after one of these matches. I'll just practice more and hopefully i can find a sure way to escape out of it.

Midnight Malice
05-21-2009, 11:59 AM
Well, with that problem, if you can't block, counter takedown, or counter punch try doing a quick step back... From what I have played, you can at least back away from someone who is doing a combo on you. I haven't tried it in that situation, but it is worth a shot.

monox1de
05-21-2009, 11:59 AM
I run into a lot of cheap stuff. Mostly people who just try everytime for a ground and pound moment and then get it because I haven't figured out the best defense for it yet. Or for some reason a random kick that i was actually blocking knocks me out flat out of no where. Other than that I've learned submissions like crazy and have won most of my matches that way. I can tell you I get extremely pissed losing all the time because it seems cheap but every match I have won has gone a good amount of time and you get an awesome feeling when you finally get that big W.

taylorxxx
05-21-2009, 01:49 PM
I run into a lot of cheap stuff. Mostly people who just try everytime for a ground and pound moment and then get it because I haven't figured out the best defense for it yet. Or for some reason a random kick that i was actually blocking knocks me out flat out of no where. Other than that I've learned submissions like crazy and have won most of my matches that way. I can tell you I get extremely pissed losing all the time because it seems cheap but every match I have won has gone a good amount of time and you get an awesome feeling when you finally get that big W.

if you can't stop it, that would be the best offense, would it not?

Mr Magic
05-21-2009, 02:15 PM
The only thing that happend to me that seemed really stupid was earlier today. I was playing with Rashad Evans and my opponent was using a created charecter, and he was only like a level 2. So i figured it was going to be and easy win, btw im level 11. We start and we both exchange a few hits, then he hits me with one elbow to the head and i get KO'ed. checked the body damage after the match and my head percent was only like 13% damaged. I don't know if he had really high stats for power or standing offense or what, but that was staright bs.

PeRFeCK
05-21-2009, 02:18 PM
guys....ur gonna think anything you lose to is cheap. just adapt... if its in the game, someone else can use it just as much as u can.

this reminds me of people who say "oh dont use the sword in halo....dont use the sniper, its too cheap". oh really...well just let me know which one of the moves is approved to not be cheap in your eyes so i can win fairly.

Mr Magic
05-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Im not saying what happened to me was cheap. Just that I don't uderstand how elbowing me one time KO's me when I only had 13% damage to my head. But for people who are saying there getting hit by one move repetedly, tehy shouldn't complain. It's your fault for letting some noob hit u with the same move over and over, or not going through the tutorials enough until you fully understand the controls before playing online. If someone keeps punching you, anywhere, either back up, block high or low, or grab high or low with the right stick, or do a shooting takedown, or try and get a counter hit and start smashing them. It's happened to me where someone gets close and just start hitting me w/ everything, i usually just back up.

But I completly agree with you PeRFeCK, if its in the game then it's not cheap. If it's in the game, expect it to be used on you and learn how to stop it.

taylorxxx
05-21-2009, 02:37 PM
I was thinking the same thing. everyone thinks they got robbed.

PeRFeCK
05-21-2009, 02:39 PM
well Mr Magic, this game is pretty realistic, anyone can go down at any time. just so happens ur opponent struck the percentage lottery against you. this is why u dont play with people who have 95% or higher win percentage because ANYONE can go down at ANYTIME...its not possible for someone to get that many wins. ive lost my fair share to level 1s out of nowhere.

Mr Magic
05-21-2009, 02:45 PM
What do you mean by 95% win percentage? Because he was using a created fighter?

pinksheets
05-21-2009, 02:57 PM
What do you mean by 95% win percentage? Because he was using a created fighter?
Online. Some people have crazy records, it's because they quit out right after a KO or submission so they don't get a loss against their records.

Mr Magic
05-21-2009, 03:01 PM
yea, thats dumb. I take my losses, and learn from them. I guess everyone's different. It's going to be a bitch getting to rank 50 though.

CozierZebra
05-21-2009, 03:19 PM
I've had some really annoying tactics thrown at me.

There's the one where people pick a boxer/wrestler and immediately go straight for the postured up ground and pound. At first this was one of my biggest weaknesses, until I found out just how easy it is to transition of out that and make a reversal.

Then there are the people who pick kickboxers, and continuously throw head kicks. Nothing else, just head kicks. This can get really annoying because even if you block they still phase you, drop your guard, and open you up for another kick to the head. Just when I think they've stopped kicking, I go in for a dashing punch and bam! KO'd!

The game also gets really frustrating when you get KO'd 4 times in a row by jabs... I mean seriously... I get dropped by the most randomly thrown punches, off-balance punches.

I've attempted a spinning back hand and missed, almost at the exact moment the opponent let loose a flying knee and missed. If you've ever seen this happen, the characters end up on the sides of each other and have to turn around to face each other. Well, just as our characters were turning around, he decides to throw a punch. The punch stays extended as he moved around to face me and hit me in the head, to end the match.

Jethrow
05-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Well, with that problem, if you can't block, counter takedown, or counter punch try doing a quick step back... From what I have played, you can at least back away from someone who is doing a combo on you. I haven't tried it in that situation, but it is worth a shot.

Thats the problem, when the guy starts with the body uppercut spamming, your frozen, cant move at all

Midnight Malice
05-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Thats the problem, when the guy starts with the body uppercut spamming, your frozen, cant move at all

O.k., so heres the last one.... let him. Do your best to try and block, but when he's done, you will be hurt, sure, but he will be gassed too, he can't knock you out if he's going for the body, wait for him to switch for the knockout punch, take him down and make that punk tap, or if he rocks you, get ready for him to pounce then trap his arm when he comes in.

Sure it might be cheese on thier part, but there HAS to be a way to counter that kind of spam move. I'll spar with my friend and work some of these ideas and see what we come up with.

Jethrow
05-21-2009, 03:41 PM
O.k., so heres the last one.... let him. Do your best to try and block, but when he's done, you will be hurt, sure, but he will be gassed too, he can't knock you out if he's going for the body, wait for him to switch for the knockout punch, take him down and make that punk tap, or if he rocks you, get ready for him to pounce then trap his arm when he comes in.

Sure it might be cheese on thier part, but there HAS to be a way to counter that kind of spam move. I'll spar with my friend and work some of these ideas and see what we come up with.

Ya thats how i beat the one guy doing this, he kept doing the right body shot and switched to the left and it gave me enough time to take him down and choke him out, it felt good!

PeRFeCK
05-21-2009, 03:42 PM
people spamming heavy punches/kicks are easy targets for takedown to submission. if u dont submit them the first time, try immediately again as soon as u are able and dotn let them regain stamina, the second try should be an easy victory.

Jethrow
05-21-2009, 04:09 PM
people spamming heavy punches/kicks are easy targets for takedown to submission. if u dont submit them the first time, try immediately again as soon as u are able and dotn let them regain stamina, the second try should be an easy victory.

i'm not talking about heavy punches or kicks, just regular punches to the body, theres no way out unless the person pauses for a second and you jump on the moment. It just happened again, this time after about 15 punches i lucked out and took him down and got his back, i was just sinking in the choke, and he quit. LOL man this game is making me irate sometimes, they should have a DQ section in the stats, this way before you face someone you can tell if they quit alot. Wasnt fight night like that, the only way to quit was to throw in the towel.?

jizMasterZer0
05-21-2009, 04:19 PM
i swear i have played against guys with turbo controllers. the one guy was using gsp and he was punching so much i couldnt get a single move in. luckily he stopped for one second and his ass got flash ko'd

PeRFeCK
05-21-2009, 04:44 PM
for punch to the body spammers, u can do many things. u can block low and back out obviously. u can step back (may take a few times). u can try to counter by blocking low, then doing a non-forward faster punch, key to this is timing and it may take u a few times but then u can easily start a punch fest right back at him. the best way i have seen people deal with it, is to press down on the right analog and time it so u catch their punch and take them down.

this is where the game starts the mind games because i do that to people, so then i do like 2 low punches, one high kick to anticipate their low block, etc.

Refined Suicide
05-24-2009, 01:58 AM
Ya, i totally friggen hate spammers. My scenario: I start an online fight, guy joins, we start. He spams the heavy punch, and i am not able to hit him nearly as much as he's hitting me. I go for a takedown, and he knees me in the head... and i was KO'd that pissed me off more than anything.