PDA

View Full Version : Best ways to grind stars

T0b3
05-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Hi,

as you may know, you'll need to have at least 2500 stars in your wallet for the Frugal achievement.

Now we may wonder how we attain as much stars as possible in the shortest amount of time..

I am suggesting 2 maps in puzzle mode:

1st: Card 16, lvl1
One round (16 stars) takes about 5-6 seconds.

2nd: Card 20, lvl2
One round (32 stars) takes about 17 seconds.

I would suggest to do both, just to avoid extreme repetetivness. Card 16 lvl 1 would be about 25 minutes of straight grinding (16 stars in 6 seconds are 160/minute)

You may also screw up maps, stars will be saved as long as you see the "Failure"-screen. If you quit out using the start menu, nothing will be saved.

Are there any better places to grind stars?

tastefulmrship
05-21-2009, 05:31 AM
The easiest is 16-1 (as you've mentioned) & it took me about 30 mins to get 1000 stars!

What I don't understand is how you can get FASHIONISTA before COLLECTOR?

FASHIONISTA - 25g
Collect all the seasonal costumes

COLLECTOR - 20g
Buy every item in the Item Shop

Some ppl have one, but not the other... ie FASHIONISTA, but no COLLECTOR or COLLECTOR, but no FASHIONISTA! WTF is going on there? I guess you might have to wear the costumes for the cheevo to unlock? Who knows?

T0b3
05-21-2009, 03:32 PM
So I finally got all remaining items which were about 3000 stars in total.

I played 16-1 the whole time while watching South Park.

188 rounds. God.

tastefulmrship
05-21-2009, 04:41 PM
You will need about 1200 stars for the FASHIONISTA achievement... which is getting the FOUR seasonal costumes; MEXICAN DoD, St. Paddy's Day, Christmas & Seaside Holiday!

You will need to play OFFLINE & change the month on your XBOX360 to MARCH, JUNE, OCTOBER & DECEMBER to get each costume (ie one costume per month!) Once you've purchased the fourth costume the achievement will unlock (offline). You can then go back online to get whatever achievements you need!
I think they wanted people to still be playing this game throughout the year, but forgot that you can manually change the date offline! Duh!

warshark
05-24-2009, 11:06 AM
The easiest is 16-1 (as you've mentioned) & it took me about 30 mins to get 1000 stars!

What I don't understand is how you can get FASHIONISTA before COLLECTOR?

FASHIONISTA - 25g
Collect all the seasonal costumes

COLLECTOR - 20g
Buy every item in the Item Shop

Some ppl have one, but not the other... ie FASHIONISTA, but no COLLECTOR or COLLECTOR, but no FASHIONISTA! WTF is going on there? I guess you might have to wear the costumes for the cheevo to unlock? Who knows?

You don't need to buy the seasonal costumes to get the collector achievement. I've got all the seasonal costumes and the achievement. Now i've got to grind my way to how many stars I need to buy everything in the store. :/ Only items i've bought so far are the seasonal items so this will be a while yet. :O

I grinded stars on the level 3 of card 3. Simply because i'm only on card 5 at the moment. Didn't take too long but i'm guessing the levels later on are a lot quicker?

AmyGrrl
06-25-2009, 02:47 AM
Set 19-5 you can get 20 stars and it only takes me 8-9 seconds to do the level.

sleepydumbdude
08-04-2009, 04:21 PM
I grinded stars on the level 3 of card 3.

Thats what I grinded on also. Didn't really take long just felt like it. I just turned picture in picture on and watched a movie.