PDA

View Full Version : Things you'd like to see updated?

Kaffei
05-21-2009, 12:19 AM
I haven't finished career mode so I don't exactly no if all of these things aren't eventually implemented, but these are at least my gripes. And they aren't really gripes at all so don't get the wrong idea. This game is a TON of fun regardless.

First off, I immediately noticed there was no southpaw in CAF. Southpaw fighters are the deadliest in the sport. Period. It's my CAF, and I wanted a strong strategy off the bat. For it being such a realistic fighting game, I just assumed that the southpaw option would've been one of the first things added to the game.

Secondly, why can't I keep my hands up when I'm throwing kicks? I keep holding the RB button yet I drop my hands every time I throw a kick or punch. Goodness gracious. It's no wonder I keep getting KO'd every time I'm countered. I have no hands protecting my face xD

Thirdly, why are the tatoos so God awful when all of my opponents have leet tattoos? I would never ink up my real body, which is why I TOTALLY want to ink my character D:

Fourth off, I'd like some realism in the training. I like how they have you raise your stats and everything but I'd like to see my character actually lifting weights or whatever. Just something I've accustomed myself to with fighting games. Might be fun, might not be. Who knows ^^

Fifthly, I don't know about you but I'd like to have lightweights fight against heavy weights. Don't tell me its not realistic either because look at Royce Gracie. He fought dudes way bigger than him. I mean, it's just an exhibition fight, not career. Let me do what I want xD

Last off, I want to be a d-bag lol. It's just a game. What if I want to smack talk and not let go of my submission for a FEW seconds longer? I don't know. It's just a small little thing I wanted to do for kicks and giggles.

So what do you think?

PS: Before any one says it I know its just a game. I wasn't it expecting it to be like real life. I just thought these would be basics of the game. I dunno. We all have our opinions

JesseG
05-21-2009, 12:36 AM
I think all of your gripes are legitimate. I agree man. Lesnar vs like BJ Penn :lol:

TOTKingNothing
05-21-2009, 12:57 AM
I would love to be able to keep me submissions in longer... if it were possible to win with one for the first 3/4ths of the game.

ValkyrieOne15
05-21-2009, 01:06 AM
I would pay money to have the ability to turn off the rank update emails in career mode.

GeezusDylan160
05-21-2009, 01:40 AM
I would pay money to have the ability to turn off the rank update emails in career mode.

lol you and me both buddy, I have 17 newsletters in my inbox.....wonder what they are :p

Midnight Malice
05-21-2009, 01:52 AM
good changes, I agree with them fully.

My biggest one, and I thought it was in...

Live lobbies for player matches. Why the hell do I have to ask for a rematch when I'm playing with a friend? And why can't I change weightclass when I do rematch. It should have a round robin like tourny where winner stays and loser goes to the bottom of the list, and people in the room get to watch the fight. That seems like a no-brainer, but whatever.

And another somewhat minor one... the nicknames for CAF. seriously... they could have added in almost a hundred just by letting you use nicknames that are already in the game.

and the last thing... also in CAF. has anyone been able to make one that had a normal chin and lips? even with the smallest lips and the biggest chin, he still looks like fishlips with no chin.

Kaffei
05-21-2009, 10:15 PM
And another somewhat minor one... the nicknames for CAF. seriously... they could have added in almost a hundred just by letting you use nicknames that are already in the game.

and the last thing... also in CAF. has anyone been able to make one that had a normal chin and lips? even with the smallest lips and the biggest chin, he still looks like fishlips with no chin.lol I haven't actually noticed the fish lips thing. I just keep my face to default for the most part. But I agree with the nicknames. I kind of wished they had something like GRID. That way it'd be able to actually say your name. Because these nicknames aren't threatening at all. They don't even sound good when being announced.

Midnight Malice
05-21-2009, 10:58 PM
yeah, seriously... I think I've played 40 different people and I've beaten the Grim Reaper every time.

D0C RAY
05-21-2009, 11:00 PM
First off, I immediately noticed there was no southpaw in CAF. Southpaw fighters are the deadliest in the sport. Period. It's my CAF, and I wanted a strong strategy off the bat. For it being such a realistic fighting game, I just assumed that the southpaw option would've been one of the first things added to the game.

There are no southpaws at all. They had collision issues with it so could not include it. Ironically they also had this problem with Clay Guidas hair, hence him not being in the game.

Midnight Malice
05-21-2009, 11:03 PM
There are no southpaws at all. They had collision issues with it so could not include it. Ironically they also had this problem with Clay Guidas hair, hence him not being in the game.

Yup, thats Yukes. We suck at programming and cant get it to work right... fuck it, take it out.

Kaffei
05-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Yup, thats Yukes. We suck at programming and cant get it to work right... fuck it, take it out.lol. I don't know much about Yuke's as a company but I'm sure they could have figured it out. I mean, look at all the great games that have come out in the past year. I'm sure they had plenty of collision issues too. In a way it kind of reminds me how Star Wars had the light side using dark side force powers >.> I mean c'mon. I'm no programmer but there's gotta be some way to fix it.

D0C RAY
05-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Honestly instead of sorting Clays hair issues they offered him cash to cut it off. That is plain lazy.

Midnight Malice
05-21-2009, 11:27 PM
I have some (basic) programming experience and I could have probably figured it out by looking at the numbers, hit detection is really not that hard. Clipping is a bit harder, but still, with the proper development time, and the right team working on it, this could have been a phenominal game instead of a good one. Yukes is a lazy company that likes money, and doesn't seem to really care about the fans opinions. They hire the cheapest testers that just make sure the game works, but don't really know much about the world the game is in. It has roughly 90 employees and the only games they have made that anyone even knows about are the WWE games, and almost all of them were kinda fun but glitchy and buggy as hell. Just about everything they put out is very basic, with no thought given to depth, replay value or intuitive online functionality. I am rather surprised they put out a game like this, cause I wouldn't have guessed it in a million years. After finding out this came from Yukes, I gave it an 11.

Kaffei
05-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Honestly instead of sorting Clays hair issues they offered him cash to cut it off. That is plain lazy.lol yeah. That really is lazy. If I was Clay I definitely would have said no. Who doesn't want their clone in a video game? I would have made them figure it out haha.

And who knows, even though Yukes is a lazy company, it doesn't mean the UFC doesn't care about the fans. Look at the vast improvements since the first game. I'm guessing if enough people make suggestions like this there will hopefully be a good update or company switch. And this is assuming they didn't sign another super long contract to Yukes. Like Malice said, this is a good game, and I love it alot, but it definitely had great potential written all over it. With southpaw strategy, a few minor tweaks to blocking and foot movement, I think this game could seriously be one of the most realistic games in a LONG time.

Because for me, I want the guy who actually knows how to use MMA to win the online fight, not the one who figured out how the game's MMA system works.

And once again I love this game. I'm not knocking on it at all/complaining. For being a game its not bad at all. Just mere suggestions.

capthorp
05-22-2009, 01:58 PM
They should have included the following;

a) The ability to break an opponents limbs. Hold a submission and pop their knee out etc. It would have been more true to life

b) The ability to have blood impact a fighters perception and vision. Open up a huge gash on an opponents forehead and have the blood trickle down into their eyes. Hence they swing a little off and a little wild at times etc.

c) As stated above, southpaw fighters

d) Injuries. If you sustain an injury, have it affect your performance. Maybe a tweaked knee or ankle or something that you need to rehab from.

e) a sim option. It would be spectacular to be able to sim fights (as you do in the EA sports games) but not be able to use the sim feature towards any career acheivements. I would love to run a sim of UFC 98 with Hughes and Serra to see what the projected outcome would be in say 10 matches and then see how it compares in real life

f) Better ring girl sequences.

Midnight Malice
05-22-2009, 02:19 PM
for the first one... I don't think it should be considered an ability, but if they added it in it would make it a bit more realistic... especially if you had a submission withstanding stat, instead of tapping right away, you had a last chance to get out of it when it is cinched in, and if you didn't you would have to manually tap, or have that part broken and out for 6 months, which would have a huge effect on your career, and maybe even force you into retirement... online would still be the same, but I have always hated that you tap right away in UFC games. I've seen guys whether a submission for a long damn time, and even able to get out of it once it is locked in.

Other than my crazy detailed idea, I was with you until f) who cares. there are real girls walking around in my world... I'd rather watch them.

capthorp
05-22-2009, 02:28 PM
I was with you until f) who cares. there are real girls walking around in my world... I'd rather watch them.

Yeah me too...but just sayin.

Kaffei
05-22-2009, 04:01 PM
I actually just thought about this today, but is there a tournament set up in this game? I remember in the old UFC game you could set up tournament ladders. It was a blast when we had a bunch of people over. The only downside was that all you had to do was use your CAF and you'd practically always win due to the imbalance issues. It'd be way more fun now.

Apache 117
05-22-2009, 04:09 PM
I just want THQ to shoot frank mir in the face for being the worst fighter ever to go for pussy takedowns.

JrdRIOT
05-22-2009, 04:11 PM
f) naked ring girl sequences.

fixed.

haha

Tem0n
05-22-2009, 04:18 PM
If i could get them to fix 1 thing it would be the 6 step autosave in career mode. It drives me nuts when all those little messages are cycling. Seriously they could have just suppressed all that garbage and put in a saving/save complete or something.

Also the lack of options in the nicknames is kind of a letdown. Golberg must have one hell of a per word rate in his contract or something.

D0C RAY
05-22-2009, 06:03 PM
I am very disappointed with the load and save times. I am going to try running it off my hard drive and see if it improves.

Does anyone else think there is something missing when you go into a fight. The ring loads, camera men stand up and there is ten plus seconds of silence.
It seems a bit wrong.

MusicInjection
05-23-2009, 08:47 AM
I am very disappointed with the load and save times. I am going to try running it off my hard drive and see if it improves.

Does anyone else think there is something missing when you go into a fight. The ring loads, camera men stand up and there is ten plus seconds of silence.
It seems a bit wrong.

running it from your HD really improves the loading times!

I would be fine if they increase the speed of the game and lower the submission difficulty.

Midnight Malice
05-23-2009, 08:55 AM
running it from your HD really improves the loading times!

I would be fine if they increase the speed of the game and lower the submission difficulty.

First part is true, I don't really notice load times running off the HD

Game speed seems o.k. a bit faster wouldn't hurt. I think submission difficulty is fine though. Any easier and people would bitch about getting submitted all the time

Pantera Opeth
05-23-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Steve Mazzagati or however you spell his last name (I'm not looking it up). He looks like a lizard, and the only time he speaks it seems is in the title fights he ref's in-game, and even that I sounds like someone trying to sound like him.

Cutting down the six saving / saving complete messages to two would be great.

Groin kicks.

Adding Brian Stann.

And everything else mentioned already.

Trivium Dude
05-24-2009, 05:16 PM
I would love to have the option of COM vs COM in exhibition mode.... just sit back grab some chips and watch your fantasy fights take place or if your CAF could hang with a Brock or Rampage.

x2o9xLegendx
05-24-2009, 05:41 PM
I'd like to see customize trunks.(Don't know if anybody brought that up) and the age should go up every year. I was eightteen for my 3 to 4 year career. You shouldnt HAVE to retire, you should be able to choose to go on. Online is good, lobbies would be cool like madden. SOrry if I said something that has been said

machonach0
05-24-2009, 06:14 PM
I'd like to see customize trunks.(Don't know if anybody brought that up) and the age should go up every year. I was eightteen for my 3 to 4 year career. You shouldnt HAVE to retire, you should be able to choose to go on. Online is good, lobbies would be cool like madden. SOrry if I said something that has been said

The problem with going more than seven years is that people would be able to raise their CAF's to have an overall rating above the 90's. Depending on how long you go maybe even reach 100, and that would be stupid and boring.

oo noxious oo
05-24-2009, 06:20 PM
I dont get why the ages don't rise, i retired after 10 years still aged 22...

Yet other fighters were still going, why not just have random characters come in and other retire after a while (ortiz etc)

DeliciousBLT
05-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Is it possible to do an exhibition fight with two CAF characters? My brother and I both have fighters (he made one with his gamer card and I made one with my gamer card) but the only one we can use is how ever pressed the start button on the main screen first.

So I would fix that- Having multiply Gamer card CAF fighters to fight with.

Also I wish the career mode had you actually do the trainings like in fight night, instead of just clicking the training you want and going on.

scarfaces80
05-24-2009, 08:19 PM
The problem with going more than seven years is that people would be able to raise their CAF's to have an overall rating above the 90's. Depending on how long you go maybe even reach 100, and that would be stupid and boring.

what they should do is if your stand up game is high your ground game goes down when you reach a certain number like maybe when it hits 80 on any stand up stat and you go up above that something in your ground game stats go down and so on.

Cena
05-24-2009, 08:43 PM
I want them to fix lag issues in ranked matches and maybe make it easier to go trough carrer undefeated. But maybe that's just impossible due to the lack of my skills :)