PDA

View Full Version : Whats the worst thing that has happened..

J Lew332
05-21-2009, 02:33 AM
to you during an online ranked match so far. After I got out of work at 8 I played 6 ranked matches and just went 1-5, after being on a roll lately. Than the worst thing happened. Im Forrest and I was facing A. Silva, I rock him with a jab, straight right combo and the screen goes grey. He instantly took me down, and goes for a knee bar a minute into the fight and submits me. I was about to go ape shit. My ground game is good too, I have like 16 submission victories. I just needed to get this off of my chest, so I was wondering if anything has happened like this so far.

TheMongoStomp
05-21-2009, 02:42 AM
i got knocked out in 4 seconds.
i started off the match with a sprint towards lesnar and he KO'd me with 1 punch.

way too many people are lesnar in this game

J Lew332
05-21-2009, 02:45 AM
^yea they are but everytime I join a match and I see Lesnar I pick Mir or Big Nog and when they take me down I submit them. Half of my submission victories online have come against Lesnar. But yea hes a little too good standing wise in this game.

hopesfall2win
05-21-2009, 03:01 AM
I faced the biggest pussy ever, this guy was Matt Serra vs GSP (me) and all he would do is tackle me, he never threw a punch or kick standing up. Such a fucking pussy just looking for the mount the entire game..took him two rounds but i got sick of trying to counter. Fking faggot.

GeezusDylan160
05-21-2009, 03:25 AM
I faced the biggest pussy ever, this guy was Matt Serra vs GSP (me) and all he would do is tackle me, he never threw a punch or kick standing up. Such a fucking pussy just looking for the mount the entire game..took him two rounds but i got sick of trying to counter. Fking faggot.

I don't see how him not throwing a punch makes him a pussy. He obviously had a gameplan prior to the fight to take you down and go for some good ol'GnP. So good on him trying to take the mount, it's the most dominate position you can take in the game.....so it makes him a pussy? If you had any confidence in your ground game and countering ability then you wouldn't be on here complaining would you? ;)

hopesfall2win
05-21-2009, 03:34 AM
I don't see how him not throwing a punch makes him a pussy. He obviously had a gameplan prior to the fight to take you down and go for some good ol'GnP. So good on him trying to take the mount, it's the most dominate position you can take in the game.....so it makes him a pussy? If you had any confidence in your ground game and countering ability then you wouldn't be on here complaining would you? ;)

He was 19-6 before me and I noticed his stats said "fast at takedowns"..so obviously all he does in every match is tackle you and go for mount constantly..its pretty pathetic.

And I countered him just fine for 7 minutes..after a while I get tired of not being able to punch or do anything other than lay on my back and roll around. Its pretty much a faggot play doing that nonstop.

PeRFeCK
05-21-2009, 03:41 AM
the worst things that always happen to me are these, in this order:

1. ppl leave afte ri beat them
2. im trying to defend or give a submission, and rotating the stick or jamming on the buttons makes me hit the menu button on accident. menu comes up, gg me
3. some level 5 flash KO's me after i dominate them for 2 rounds ( i was farming fans and purposly not finishing him off ) i lost around 1000 exp, i was level 50 at the time.

GeezusDylan160
05-21-2009, 04:02 AM
He was 19-6 before me and I noticed his stats said "fast at takedowns"..so obviously all he does in every match is tackle you and go for mount constantly..its pretty pathetic.

And I countered him just fine for 7 minutes..after a while I get tired of not being able to punch or do anything other than lay on my back and roll around. Its pretty much a faggot play doing that nonstop.

Lol sooo yeah I was right, he had a gameplan, take you down and GnP you. Not pathetic, it's an actual gameplan used by lots of fighters in MMA. Sometimes countering and being boring is the good way to win. So what if you counter him for 7 minutes straight, you'll probably win the match by decision, just sweat it out and hope for the win. He spams takedowns.....throw a knee, it will land clean on his chin as he's coming in and take him out, make him pay for shooting for the takedown, or sprawl (LB + RS rotation when he shoots...or at least thats how i'm doing it). I get you want the KO and what not, but just take the W whatever way you can.

shiningcheese
05-21-2009, 04:24 AM
I was playing online at a friends' place on his PS3. We were stoked and played each other until we got decent at the controls and went online. I chose a random lightweight Kickboxer (don't remember the name, I suck at names) to fight with. We went toe to toe for the first match. Second round I pounded his face in and he was cut up and swollen badly. I got him in the grey and so I let my guard down and opened up with the punches. He barely swung and hit me in the face and I was down. He was in the grey with a bloody swollen face and I was untouched in round 2. I was pissed. Needless to say I had to buy my friend a new ps3 controller. those things aren't cheap lol

PeRFeCK
05-21-2009, 04:56 AM
lol...new controller eh. ive broken my fair share of things in my day....dvds of games....hole in the wall....etc.