PDA

View Full Version : Undefeated???

Caponey
05-21-2009, 04:42 AM
Crap, I suck at this game: a lot more than I thought I was going to. I can win matches, but now there is a dude I am stuck on. He knocks me out, and I honestly don't even see it coming. I am tired of going back to the dashboard and loading up the game every 10 minutes lol. I feel like this undefeated achievement is going to be really difficult. Is there no way to change difficulties in Career mode?

GeezusDylan160
05-21-2009, 04:54 AM
Crap, I suck at this game: a lot more than I thought I was going to. I can win matches, but now there is a dude I am stuck on. He knocks me out, and I honestly don't even see it coming. I am tired of going back to the dashboard and loading up the game every 10 minutes lol. I feel like this undefeated achievement is going to be really difficult. Is there no way to change difficulties in Career mode?

Just be patient, 5 weight classes, 5 chances to go undefeated, don't go for the achievement on your first play through, use your first play through to get a feel for the game.

PeRFeCK
05-21-2009, 04:55 AM
plz skim around the other threads a bit, there are plenty of ppl complaining about this. in a nutshell....you progressed to fast. start over

DoubleAA012
05-21-2009, 05:34 AM
dude just go to the main menu and set the difficutly to begginer...its very easy..you should only lose maybe once or twice on that if you lose any more you should really take a break or re-do the demo...sorry

FateofVengeance
05-21-2009, 10:49 AM
You have to fight smart. I had the same problem then I aproached the fight like i should and I won. Start fighting to win not to get in there and throw bombs the whole time.

mitchv79
05-21-2009, 07:51 PM
The problem here is that you are trying to do too much too fast. I had the same problem at first. In my first career I decided I would train mostly for Strength and neglect everything else so that I could deliver an amazingly crushing blow to the head and end each fight quickly. I also decided to take on the highest ranking guy I could each time so that I could get to the title fight quickly...

The problem I ran into was that I was fighting the 4th ranked person on my 8th fight...and while my Strength was nearly maxed, my Cardio and Speed where less than 25 still, and my Grapple Defense and Submission Defense skills were still at what I started them out at. I ended up stuck on a guy that would work me over in round 1 EVERY time...and I tried it like 30 times before starting a new career. If you get stuck like this and you are trying to get the Undefeated achievement, then you only have one option...start over.

Start a new career and make sure you are training to be well rounded. And take on the lowest ranking (meaning highest number) fighter you can each time. This not only makes it easier to beat your opponent, but gives you more time to train and improve before you inevitably reach the top 5 fighters. Get in too much of a hurry, neglect your skills, and don't attend camps to earn new moves if you want to end up on a dead end street. Oh, and if I were you I would refuse all of the Photoshoots and autograph signings since they cut into your training time and don't really give you anything worth writing home about anyway...

Foy
05-21-2009, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't worry about trying to get undefeated on my first career. The first career should be where you learn what does and does not work in the game. Like others have said, don't progress to fast, train to your weaknesses to make yourself more rounded, and don't worry about getting undefeated on your first career. Just make sure you get the belt, which shouldn't be that hard if you are already fighting guys in the top 10 in less than 10 fights.