PDA

View Full Version : Rear naked choke on classic fights

maddmaxx46
05-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Those are the only three I have left and I'm struggling to get these. 2 things usually happen: I either knock him out trying to lower his stamina or I'll get like 3 rear naked choke holds in and he busts free. I can't use wrestling takedowns so I don't know any other way to lower his stamina. I have it on the easiest setting but then I knock them out if I try to lower his stamina that way. I thought about making it a harder difficulty but then I'd just struggle even more getting a submission.

For anybody that has got these I'd like some tips please.

a19stefan94
05-21-2009, 10:20 AM
kick and punch the body u can't ko him with a body punch only knock him down

BT X360
05-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Mount, hammerfists to face (or body) until he gets rocked. He will either:
1. Spin around to give up his back;
2. Gets hold of your head.

If 1, do not block. Press the right stick when he turned around, turn the right stick in a consistent matter. If you get to the second part of the animation, while he is still rocked > Win!
If 2, block (or don't, just get postured up afterwards). Continue to work the BODY until he gets rocked again. Don't go for the head, chances are high you will knock him out instantly.

maddmaxx46
05-22-2009, 04:55 AM
Mount, hammerfists to face (or body) until he gets rocked. He will either:
1. Spin around to give up his back;
2. Gets hold of your head.

If 1, do not block. Press the right stick when he turned around, turn the right stick in a consistent matter. If you get to the second part of the animation, while he is still rocked > Win!
If 2, block (or don't, just get postured up afterwards). Continue to work the BODY until he gets rocked again. Don't go for the head, chances are high you will knock him out instantly. What specific mount are you talking about? But either way you gave me a great idea to get him in the back mount and pound away but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep that position.

GeezusDylan160
05-22-2009, 05:00 AM
Takedown, proceed to mount, do ONLY Body punches, this will eventually rock them, the guy will try to roll over and give you his back (which takes away some good amounts of stamina).....also I highly recommend you turn on the stamina bar.

maddmaxx46
05-22-2009, 07:11 AM
Takedown, proceed to mount, do ONLY Body punches, this will eventually rock them, the guy will try to roll over and give you his back (which takes away some good amounts of stamina).....also I highly recommend you turn on the stamina bar. Alright that makes a little more sense. I love the stamina bar btw, I don't see why anybody wouldn't use it.

Midnight Malice
05-22-2009, 07:29 AM
Some think it is cheap. I had it off until I went for the World Class Grappler Ach, and havn't been able to turn it off since, it is too damn helpful, especially when submitting noobs online.

And before I get called a noob for using it, utilizing something that is available to you that helps you out doesn't make you noobish. That would be like getting dealt a royal flush and trading 2 cards cause it wasn't a fair hand to the others. They had just the equal chance of getting it too, just because they didn't, doesn't mean you shouldn't play the hand.

kimmel352
05-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Hey I was having trouble with same 3, get opponent in the clinch and bring them to the ground with you, on your back. Silva, Penn, and Griffin can all go into a rubber guard,get in rubber guard, transition to get their back and then engage susmission and nighty night. Weaken them obviously, Griffin is easier beacuse you have 3 rounds to do so. I use the button technique for submission.

maddmaxx46
05-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Hey I was having trouble with same 3, get opponent in the clinch and bring them to the ground with you, on your back. Silva, Penn, and Griffin can all go into a rubber guard,get in rubber guard, transition to get their back and then engage susmission and nighty night. Weaken them obviously, Griffin is easier beacuse you have 3 rounds to do so. I use the button technique for submission. Ya I did the exact same thing with Griffin and got it but these ones where you need to do it in round 2 are tough.

*Update* Well I got them both relatively easily so thanks for everyone that contributed in this thread.

Rock In Black
05-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys, I needed this

Edit: Shogun is still getting out of the choke at minimum stamina.

PeRFeCK
05-22-2009, 10:58 PM
yea he's got good submission defense......make sure stamina is at minimum and keep trying, it will work eventually.

Classick
05-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Shogun doesn't have good submission defense. He's in the 60's. That puts him in the bottom tier of submission defense in the LHW division. He shouldn't be breaking out if he's gassed. Just keep trying. Remember, it's the AI you're trying to submit. It won't be easy.

Rock In Black
05-22-2009, 11:29 PM
I finally got it. Thanks.

reaper921
05-22-2009, 11:45 PM
use boddy kicks till he keeps getten knocked down then hit him with it

banerock
05-23-2009, 03:14 AM
That would be like getting dealt a royal flush and trading 2 cards cause it wasn't a fair hand to the others. They had just the equal chance of getting it too, just because they didn't, doesn't mean you shouldn't play the hand.

that doesnt really make sense =)

i dont think people are cheap for using the hud, i think it takes away from the "experience" a bit, but i use it sometimes.

Wampus Cra
05-23-2009, 05:34 AM
Easiest way is to just pull guard from the clinch, then once you pull guard. Rubber guard and once that's set quarter turn in rubber guard to swing around to the computers back and there you go. The rubber guard to RNC is the easiest submission to get off in the game.

Midnight Malice
05-23-2009, 05:37 AM
that doesnt really make sense =)

i dont think people are cheap for using the hud, i think it takes away from the "experience" a bit, but i use it sometimes.

yeah I know, but I had to try and think of something....

I could have just said, use the tools you are given.

Mackman3
05-23-2009, 06:44 AM
yeah this was very helpful

banerock
05-23-2009, 07:39 AM
someone else on this site already said this but i couldnt find it again to quote it.

but you get to full mount and dont do anything
the comp will try to transition out and give up his back
click the right stick

then do what you do.
button mash or stick flick lol.

i use the button mash method myself.

Apache 117
05-23-2009, 09:52 AM
shogun doent have good defence at all

xUK Assassin
05-23-2009, 09:57 AM
ok what you need to do is get to mount up let him take you so you've got his back then either counter or just block all his transition attempts after about five go for the sub thats how i got it