PDA

View Full Version : Submissions Help!

Jay_One
05-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Ok, so I'm a lightweight and I was facing Tyson Griffin(his sub offense is 58 and defense is 56), I have the guys body red, and face red as much as possible with a couple strikes to the legs. My sub is..

Sub offense: 80 something
Sub defense: 70?

Anyway, my question is how the hell am I suppose to get these guys to tap out? I can't even get by the first part. I smash A and I did it with the RS as well, and still no success. I might just suck at submissions, but it just seems a lot harder then others. I made someone tap online, so I know how to do it, is there any trick to doing it in career mode that I'm not understanding?

pinksheets
05-21-2009, 01:19 PM
It is a lot tougher in career mode most of the time. The reason being that the computer knows what it's doing, while a lot of people online don't. Your best bet is to turn on the stamina bar, and wait for their stamina to get pretty low before you expect to be successful. If you can stuff a takedown and lock a submission, you'll have a better chance. Also, I usually just alternate tapping X and Y with two fingers, rather than just tapping with one. Live your life by that, two fingers always work better than just one.

monox1de
05-21-2009, 01:20 PM
I just rotate the RS as fast as possible clockwise. It always seems to work after a few tries or when they are very weak. If that isn't working, spin it as fast as you can while tapping some of the face buttons acouple times.

Barrowland
05-21-2009, 01:23 PM
i just cant get them to tap either ... taking my time tho i will figure it out ... or ill just kill them

RaugDruaka
05-21-2009, 01:25 PM
When button mashing try to alternate two buttons instead of just smashing one.

pinksheets
05-21-2009, 02:01 PM
i just cant get them to tap either ... taking my time tho i will figure it out ... or ill just kill them
Fingers crossed on them adding knives in DLC.

Midnight Malice
05-21-2009, 03:04 PM
I have found that rotating the stick works better than button mashing one finger or two. What works for one may be different than another, but I took a COM player down and immediately went for a triangle, I drained his stamina bar (which I had on for the World Class Grappler achievement) and he tapped off of that single move. That was probably luck also, just like flash KO's but I've never had that happen by tapping the buttons. For applying submissions I think tap or rotate may just be preference... but escaping, that is a different story.

PeRFeCK
05-21-2009, 03:45 PM
i have over 60 submission wins online and pressing buttons is much better than rotating the stick imo. keep a stable surface nearby...as soon as u go fo rthe sub, put your controller on a table or something, use two hands, i use index and middle finger on each hand and i press all 4 at the same time.

for escaping...i always rotate the stick (puts you in an offensive position after)

xYx VeNoM xYx
05-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Why doesnt some one take some iniative and create a submission thread on how to do all the different submissions b/c personally the easiest one to me is the leg but i know there are chokes and arm bars but for the life of me I only get into them by mistake.

Kaffei
05-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Why doesnt some one take some iniative and create a submission thread on how to do all the different submissions b/c personally the easiest one to me is the leg but i know there are chokes and arm bars but for the life of me I only get into them by mistake.I second that. If some one really knows what they're doing and can make a submission guide that'd be really sweet. Like how to get to each position and what not. I always end up going for the arm bar or rear naked choke. Just about the only two I find easy to get to after falling backwards in a clinch.

Midnight Malice
05-21-2009, 11:02 PM
There is a list in the game custom to each fighter. It tells you every counter, every grapple, every submission, every transition... it is called the action menu

Kaffei
05-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah I looked at that and did all the tutorials as well but it doesn't help me much. I think I might be having trouble with the transitions because I remember during one of the BJJ camps I couldn't get a knee bar in and it said I had to be in half guard (which I was). Those action menus just go over my head I guess.

Midnight Malice
05-21-2009, 11:18 PM
I'll admit, they are a bit overwhelming if you aren't VERY familiar with ground fighting terms. I had to look up a couple things when going through that list, and I've been studying BJJ for a few years. I knew what they were after, but we called it something different.

Kaffei
05-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Well, I've watched MMA for years and I've been in a martial arts gym for half a year (I just started muay thai) so the terms aren't too confusing although some of them did catch me off guard. What I meant more is how people are actually doing certain submissions. I can't even find them in the action list. For example:

YouTube - UFC Undisputed - Flying Armbar Finish

I think that 1) career submissions are way too hard, especially if you're CAF is an 'expert' at them and you're opponent has weak sub def., and
2) the submissions aren't explained too great (or at least not for me).

That's why I was hoping for a guide of some sort, that explains it a little better. Maybe a youtube guide? Because I noticed a lot of people wanting help with submissions. There's several threads in this forum about them and several more questions all over google.

IMAMEX
05-22-2009, 10:06 PM
It is a lot tougher in career mode most of the time. The reason being that the computer knows what it's doing, while a lot of people online don't. Your best bet is to turn on the stamina bar, and wait for their stamina to get pretty low before you expect to be successful. If you can stuff a takedown and lock a submission, you'll have a better chance. Also, I usually just alternate tapping X and Y with two fingers, rather than just tapping with one. Live your life by that, two fingers always work better than just one.

That's what she said.

machonach0
05-22-2009, 10:37 PM
That's what she said.

Haha, I didn't even catch that :D. And for people who want to know how to do submissions just make a guy with BJJ in career mode and do the camp invites. Those teach you how to do every submission.

Hi I am a Ninja
05-24-2009, 08:48 PM
to do the flying armbar u get the single collar clinch which is done by doing a muay thai clinch and then doing a punch so your holding on to his head with one hand. From there click LB and the right stick and he will do a flying armbar. I think u must be BJJ to do this

EA Shenron
06-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble with submissions. Thanks for all the advices given, I'll try this as soon as possible. I was a bit upset of seeing all my opponents escaping while they were in gassed state.

I've tried the "four buttons with two hands method" and it worked. That's my first (and only by now) win by submission. Is there a position that makes the submission easier ? full mount, side mount or an other ?

Klint Beastw00d
06-14-2009, 05:59 PM
I just put my palm on the thumbstick and rotate it with my palm but there are other ways. The palm method isn't good because it's too much wear and tear on the controller and your palm but it works though.

Ap3 Juice
06-17-2009, 02:45 AM
I tapped out Hendo when he had full stamina by simply mashing all 4 buttons with my 2 index finger's and my 2 middle finger's. It may take several attempts, but it should work and if you do not through any punches you will recieve Sub of the Night. I don't know if this is guaranteed to work as my fighter has 115 sub off.

Heartagram1028
07-04-2009, 03:51 AM
I am having a hell of a time trying to get a submission around what level submission should my fighter have b4 i even bother with it

HOKIEHI83
04-17-2010, 02:51 PM
The best way to make the CPU tap is to achieve a dominant position and stuff their transitions. Wait til they're gassed and lock it in. If your strength is high try using the face buttons. If your strength is lower use the shine.

II BeNtOn 92 II
04-17-2010, 03:57 PM
When button mashing try to alternate two buttons instead of just smashing one.

Yeah i bash A, X, Y + B all with a finger each and use 2 hands, battering each button alternatively, and it ALWAYS works.

SinisterTarheel
04-17-2010, 06:23 PM

thanks for the tip

Hurricanes34
05-23-2010, 01:40 AM
i suck at themm

FurryMohkis
05-26-2010, 02:10 AM
How do you make submissions in this game???! I'm trying nonstop in 2010 demo too and they go rocking from single punch or kick but I can never make them submit from the hold even if my stamina is high and their is dark red. Even when they are bleeding all over, it is 5th round, and I'm doing north-south choke, I can't make them submit!! :eek:

I have never ever had chance to submit anyone on any difficulty level. :confused::confused:

TRIPPINIITHIS
02-27-2011, 06:50 AM
i also wanna add make sure your stamina isn't very low, not the green but the yellow cuz if ur too tired u cant hold it and also i rub all 4 buttons as hard and fast as i can. it works trust me