PDA

View Full Version : No power attacks wtf>??

DCS 23
05-21-2009, 09:56 PM
ok ive been doing exhibtion fights now for a bit so i decided to do my career so i start it and i dont have ANY power attacks wat so ever. so i thought id carry on a little to see if i am able to learn them some how..

But like 15 fights on and a shit load of training after still no fucking power attacks like WTF can some one spread some light on this please cos its really fucking gay getting smacked left and right with the power kicks and punches and all i can do is side step moves..

Jewls
05-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Are you pointing the left stick towards the opponent as you strike/kick?

DCS 23
05-21-2009, 10:03 PM
sorry when i say power attacks i meant like when you hold LB and then either punch or kick depending on your fighting style..

DCS 23
05-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Any one???

Sean099
05-21-2009, 10:11 PM
I was actually wondering the same thing too, I'm about 10 fights in and my character doesn't do any sort of superman punches, spinning backfists, or flying knees, none of it - hell my guy isn't able to do a frickin' headkick!! Hopefully these moves can be learned or gained and I'm not just shit out of luck because of my fighting style I selected.

Volcom guy992
05-21-2009, 10:13 PM
I think it may be the fighting style you choose, cause im kick boxing and judo and I have power kicks only no power punches

I King Pin 0
05-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Ah you have to train either your Striking or Grappling skills when you invite people to your gym to train. You can tell when this event comes up when you see the blueish/green bar running accross the certain week with an ocatgon in it. Then you go down to "Action" and train there for the week.

You need 150 points in order to level up.

Jewls
05-21-2009, 10:15 PM
It really depends on the style set you chose. Not every set has the ability to head kick and do the superman punches. But remember to accept the camp invites so you can improve your styles, gaining more moves.

The 13th Knight
05-21-2009, 10:16 PM
to get the moves ur talkin about u have to go to the training camps (the octagon on ur calender) and complete the tasks to earn points. once u earn enough, ur technique level will increase and u will learn more moves such as spinning backfists and superman punches

DCS 23
05-21-2009, 10:20 PM
ive been accepting those well ive accepted about 12 of those now and still nothing..

I King Pin 0
05-21-2009, 10:23 PM
ive been accepting those well ive accepted about 12 of those now and still nothing..

Right, you actually have to go to them and train like you would do sparring, but instead you go down to action and it will take you to the camp.

SQad127
05-21-2009, 10:29 PM
go do the pro fighter training sessions at the different training camps
after doing certain tasks, your fighting style will gain xp and once you level up - you'll learn new moves

boxing gets hooks uppercuts
kickboxing gets superman punch, spinning backfist
muay thai gets flying knee and high kick

DCS 23
05-21-2009, 10:31 PM
oh right ill give thi ago next time it comes around BIG HELP BTW.! *Thumbs Up*

SQad127
05-21-2009, 10:34 PM
yeah man for sure - hit me up if you wanna get down online sometime

I dont quit out of matches and talk shit to people before matches to make sure they wont quit ... so if you wanna have a war and get beat up online (haha) send me a friend request

Jethrow
05-21-2009, 10:36 PM
im kickboxing/wrestling, i have none

Midnight Malice
05-21-2009, 10:51 PM
go do the pro fighter training sessions at the different training camps
after doing certain tasks, your fighting style will gain xp and once you level up - you'll learn new moves

boxing gets hooks uppercuts
kickboxing gets superman punch, spinning backfist
muay thai gets flying knee and high kick

I have kickboxing and judo, I had high kicks from the start... K maybe not the start, but they came in when I leveled up my standing kicks offense a bit. I know I had them before I raised kickboxing to the next level. I learned spinning backfist on my 1st level up for kickboxing. You need at least 15 tasks over the span of 3 training sessions to level up, so say you only get 3 one time, then 5, you would need all 7 on the third to rank up. If you get more, cool, but once you level up you start at zero anyway.

With Judo I also learned a lot of takedowns from the clinch, uppercuts from single collar...

I also have the muay thai clinch but no head whip think that was kickboxing though... good mix if you like strikes and takedowns. A little weak on the submissions though, but still strong defense.

Hmmmmm.... this makes me want to make a list of what specials you start with for each combination, and see what you learn with each at level 1, 2 and 3... I guess I should start working on that, especially to see if the 2 styles compliment eachother with special strikes/grapples/submissions, or if each is independant.

XxBlueSpade2xX
05-22-2009, 12:43 AM
I have been trying to figure this out as well.

EDIT: thanks for the help SQ