PDA

View Full Version : Lag

patrick_bateman
05-22-2009, 12:31 AM
I havnt noticed many people discussing lag issues with the game so i thought id mention it.

well, iv had about 12 fights online and won 3, the game has crippling lag issues, i never had a perfect game and in most games i would be holding a block button, but nothing, it has really disapointed me, everyone i spoke to told me their connection was fine so i thought it might just be me, but a couple of mates on my friends list said the same thing, some other folks i spoke to mentioned that one player always seems to get an advantage online cause of lag.

Also iv joined games with full ping and iv hosted but its still a mess.

if they dont sort this i can see me trading it in a months time.

so anyone else got issues?

xAuSx IceMaN
05-22-2009, 12:57 AM
You will both lag the same amount even if your host, And yeah Ive got 16W/12L and all of them losses are from very laggy games.

patrick_bateman
05-22-2009, 01:06 AM
both players dont lag becasue iv asked a few players if they are experiencing lag and they told me it was perfect on their end, but it was laggy on mine.

They better fix this, even the eurogamer review complained about it.

xAuSx IceMaN
05-22-2009, 01:09 AM
If both players don't lag then why does it lag even when on host?

FatFingerFerdy
05-22-2009, 06:30 AM
nope works fine for me and all mine friends have no problem and i have bad internet to start with ;)

kimmel352
05-22-2009, 07:38 AM
I have mentioned it in another post, it is a problem. I wont make excuses for losing but it is what it is and have to deal with it.

Midnight Malice
05-22-2009, 09:53 AM
as I said in another post as well, I haven't had much problems been playing all day. Seems like it is a bigger problem during peak hours.

Apache 117
05-22-2009, 04:23 PM
my internet is bad aswell so i only play games like cod , fifa games that dont have much lag. but this game is the worst online i have ever scene.

roneraven
05-23-2009, 01:33 PM
nope works fine for me and all mine friends have no problem and i have bad internet to start with ;)

I hate you LOL. Most of my L's came from lag issues. The slightest lag messes up my timing and doesn't register some moves. My connection is fine but it's like a 50/50 shot with lag.

Midnight Malice
05-23-2009, 01:35 PM
ive been playing online a lot more, and ive had slightly choppy matches here and there, but nothing too bad. I wish Yukes would get someone outside thier company too fix thier netcoding cause nobody there knows how to do it right... obviously. its 1 on 1 lag should not be an issue.

Smugu
05-23-2009, 01:50 PM
I have played 16 matches online only 1 had slight lag. Few matches had lag at beginning of each round but then it was gone.

Chris_Krol
05-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Yeah I've played about 5 matches and they had some lag, but playable lag, nowhere near as bad as Gears of War 2 lag....lol

Apache 117
05-23-2009, 03:01 PM
It is becoming so bad that i am actualy getting used to it

Reel Big Eddy
05-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Tried it online last night and the lag was quite bad throughout the game. Don't think I'll bother going for the achievements if it's gonna be like that every time!

Jethrow
05-23-2009, 03:49 PM
my first game last night was the worse lag of all time, we even got a message popping up a few times saying Waiting for Synchronization. Man, but after that match everything was good.

Midnight Malice
05-23-2009, 03:58 PM
ive had that syncro thing happen only once on the day of release playing a friend that lives about an hour and a half away... it has never happened to me since then.

skonk
05-24-2009, 02:11 AM
So glad I found this thread! The lag is so bad, it's making it unplayable. 12 fights I've had and every one is as bad as the other. Moves don't register, blocks don't work until 27 hours later, and no, I'm not that bad at the game either! Hope this gets fixed as I've decided to give up on playing it on live, as it's starting to ruin the game for me.

x2o9xLegendx
05-24-2009, 04:41 PM
I've had some bad lag but than again I have a shitty connection. U cant really blame you losing on it. It's still possible to win, jus mount and ground and pound like crazy cuz thats what i do 24/7 so if u see me, im the ground and pound king mothafu*ka! haha jus kiddin!

Nibbles
05-25-2009, 11:47 AM
It's annoying, but I think you can learn to account for it.

Australian here, so we get pretty used to dealing with lag :)

It makes me wonder why games don't at least have an option for localised searching. While I don't mind playing overseas people, it would be nice to have the option of just looking for people in your own neck of the woods now and then.

burgener
05-25-2009, 11:50 AM
hmm i have bad lag issues aswell.
i startet playing ranked friday night and everything was ok, no lag at all...i was on 4:1 winning or something like that. sunday i played the next time and it was terrible...lagspikes, i couldnt block anything, i was always slower than any oponent i even was on the ground sometimes and heard the speaker say : ouuuuw ..nice headkick lol i hope that its better 2night again...if its stil like yesterday i quit playing that game online..i have no problems at all in career mode i have the belt and defended it already like 4 times. but online i suck so bad i'm something around 6:~30 now after that sunday afternoon session.

MikeyPooPants
05-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah... I played a few matches and the lag was just ridiculous.

Sometimes it was just bad in bursts here and there... other times it was just constant lag from beginning to end.

I havent felt like playing online since because it was so bad.

Thats really unfortunate because the main draw this game had for me was playing online.

I think its the game though... because theres lag issues on the 360 and the PS3.

Tindally
05-25-2009, 12:28 PM
I have a 15-8 W/L but I find that when I do lag it's still possible to win just by going to the floor and ground and pounding.