PDA

View Full Version : Quick Striking Question..

XxBlueSpade2xX
05-22-2009, 12:37 AM
I keep getting kicked in the side of the head, this seems to do a lot of damage to my fighter but I can't figure out how to do it. In the Practice mode I can do that and the stronger punch pressing LB and punch/kick, but I can't get it done in career mode. Do you have to have a certain level of skill or am I just doing it wrong?

patrick_bateman
05-22-2009, 12:43 AM
certain fighters cant do head kicks, bj penn for example.

XxBlueSpade2xX
05-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Can a fighter with Muay Thai with BJJ do them?

BT X360
05-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Kickboxing and Muay Thai have high kicks. Just step backwards and counter punch, or catch the kick and take the opponent down.

Midnight Malice
05-22-2009, 01:24 PM
from my time with the game, mixing and matching the 2 skills doesn't really give any new moves, or not allow moves. Some fighters don't have certian attacks because they aren't as well versed in that discipline as others. Like in the career mode, you learn new moves for your fighting styles at lvls 1,2,3. Certian fighters don't have these things.

High kicks are not one of them, Kickboxers and Muay Thai can do them, Boxers cannot. Your grapple style has nothing to do with your striking style. Well it may, but it will never take away anything you can do with one style, how could you be called a kickboxer if you can't really kick? that would be kind of pointless.

I havn't tried mixing and matching styles and seeing what comes out of it, thats what I've meant to do the past 2 days, but I just got caught up playing... it is so damn fun. My guess is nothing, but who knows.