PDA

View Full Version : I need help with submissions

superman696969
05-22-2009, 02:26 AM
i have 21 wins with all knock outs but no submission, can some give me tips on the best ways to take down an opponent and good ways to submit?

id like to know an easy was to do different submissions, i know to press rsb but do i need to rotate the stick clockwise or counter or is it best to press a button rapitly. it seems like that the computer always gets loose. is it best to wait until their health is low? also what is the best way to get out a of submision, should u rotate the right stick counter or clockwise or pressing a button rapidly?

and by the way what do u press to get out of a clinch or muay tai clinch, and a way to turn it into a takedown?

FatFingerFerdy
05-22-2009, 06:14 AM
wait till there stamina is really far down then go for it
ive won most my fights like this.people that like to ground and pound waste there stamina pretty quick.i would say turn on the stamina bar in the main menu.use some one good like frank mir

maddmaxx46
05-22-2009, 07:09 AM
wait till there stamina is really far down then go for it
ive won most my fights like this.people that like to ground and pound waste there stamina pretty quick.i would say turn on the stamina bar in the main menu.use some one good like frank mir Pretty much exactly what I was going to say but I'll add that I like to rotate the stick clockwise for both submitting and getting out of a submission. If you get out of a submission using the clockwise method you end up in a better position.

Midnight Malice
05-22-2009, 07:10 AM
I have 20 wins with 12 tapouts, (edit: make that 28 wins with 16 taps) and no legitamate losses, they have all been in player matches and all my losses have come from sparring/messing around with friends. I know that isn't the most impressive record, but it all legit, and pretty much just from playing around a bit today.

The best ways to take someone down is countering a kick, as far as I know it is unreversable, if not, very hard to stop. Otherwise shoot for the legs as soon as you see them start to throw a punch. If you are using a wrestler, counter a punch go into the clinch and use a slam. It really depends on what grappling style your using.

Low stamina is preferred before going for a submission, but not a must, depending on your fighter, submission offense and opponents submission D. If you play with the stamina bars off, wait til they have thrown a long combo, reversed a transition, or have tried a bit of GnP. These things drain stamina fast. It is easy to tell a low stamina fighter when standing, but on the ground it isn't as obvious. I have had a lot of success by rotating the thumstick fully and delebratly, making full circles not nessessarily fast as hell.

As far as getting out of a submission, that all depends again on what type of fighter you are using, your fighters strength, submission defense and how much stamina you have left. Rotating the thumbstick works great if you are using BJJ or a high sub D, button mashing works better if you are using more of a striker with power, but in a gassed state with almost any fighter it is probably better to try and power out (tap the buttons) I will usually try to tech out in the first stage of the submission, and power out if it gets to the second.

For the Muay Thai clinch, you can try to power out of that using strikes as well, you can try moving the RS in the opposite direction of the player in control when they do a head whip, or you can hold the RS back and try to push them off of you. You can also block incoming knees with the RB or RT depending on head or body shot.

Hoped that answered most, if not all of you questions. And sorry for the spelling, I'm f'n tired.

superman696969
05-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks alot for the detailed reply, yeah im trying to work on submissions, if have 30 wins all with knock out (beginner of course) i have my submission skill all the way at 100 and was haveing issues submitting i know what is was doing wrong now, i was trying to submit with the opposing fighters stamina was high.
Another questions if u dont mind is , besides slams is there another way to drain the other fighters stamina without strikes?

Thanks
superman696969

machonach0
05-23-2009, 07:54 PM
I would honestly never suggest shooting for a takedown (unless they completely miss a head kick or something where you know you have plenty of time for the easy takedown) I like to take them down from the clinch this way even if they stop you it doesn't take away from your stamina.

Midnight Malice
05-24-2009, 12:20 AM
besides slams is there another way to drain the other fighters stamina without strikes?

Thanks
superman696969

let them wear out by punching and kicking at you... that is about it, but the CPU rarely leaves themselves gassed without you striking at them. If you can get thier stamina down, keep doing transitions on the ground thay will never get it back up, but you have to be very fast. Or you can try to submit them multiple times in a row, but that rarely works. You would have to hold it as long as you can, let go then apply it again, if they break the submission there is no chance to get back on them before thier stamina goes back up.