PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with Lesnar for the Title.

E x I G e N T
05-22-2009, 03:30 AM
I remade my Heavyweight, and so far I'm 9-0 and I got a title shot against Lesnar, the bastard won't do stand up for his wrestling background. And my guy is mostly pure knockout boxer, Lesnar has taken me to the ground and I've kicked him off a few times, normally I can knock a fighter out within 10 or less punches, with Lesnar, he just absorbs them it seems like. Is there any way to beat him, or am I going to just have to accept the loss?

xAuSx IceMaN
05-22-2009, 03:33 AM
Try timing a low leg kick to right before he does the takedown attempt for a knee to the head it seems to work for me most of the time.

E x I G e N T
05-22-2009, 03:34 AM
Strong low leg kick, or just a regular? And, if I execute it at the right timing, it will result in a knee to the chin or upper head?

xAuSx IceMaN
05-22-2009, 03:37 AM
Strong low kick, And yeah it should hit flush on the forehead and most of the time will be a KO.

E x I G e N T
05-22-2009, 03:39 AM
I'll have to attempt that, I don't want to accept the loss because I'm sure there's a valid way of beating him, even tho he is a physical freak, he still can be taken down by my scrub fighter. It's just aggravating to the point I want to throw my remote into the TV, but I'll try the strong leg kick and see how that plays out for me, thank you.

xAuSx IceMaN
05-22-2009, 03:44 AM
Yeah im playing light heavyweight and Rampage keeps clinching me and KO's me so fast i haven't found anything to really counter that yet.

But when they shoot for takedowns i find kicking them works the best, Or try to step back and dodge it then counter with some heavy attacks.

Big Ralph58
05-22-2009, 03:48 AM
I beat him by submitting him when he came in for the takedown I did the knee but it rocked him and it went to sprawl and I put him in a guillotine

Ranteal
05-22-2009, 04:16 AM
Brock is like 6-6 in my HW career, so I dont think I'll have to worry about him being champ.

xYx VeNoM xYx
05-22-2009, 05:16 PM
I think your moving up your career way to fast..... Ive done 2 different careers and if you keep picking the higher ranked person to fight ur gonna be fighting inside the top 10 by ur 6th or 7th fight..... What I do is always fight the lower ranked opponent so I get wins but also win be able to spar and build points to add to my guy before i get to the top 10 so he will at least be decent enough to win the title..... You will have enough time to do it all b/c by the time I finally wanted/got my title shot my dude was about 85 overall..... So try moving up slower you'll get about 35 fights in a career.

E x I G e N T
05-22-2009, 05:23 PM
I think your moving up your career way to fast..... Ive done 2 different careers and if you keep picking the higher ranked person to fight ur gonna be fighting inside the top 10 by ur 6th or 7th fight..... What I do is always fight the lower ranked opponent so I get wins but also win be able to spar and build points to add to my guy before i get to the top 10 so he will at least be decent enough to win the title..... You will have enough time to do it all b/c by the time I finally wanted/got my title shot my dude was about 85 overall..... So try moving up slower you'll get about 35 fights in a career.
On the contrary, I have been picking all the low-ranked fighters to avoid the named players. I haven't faced up against one major name player except Arlovski and that wasn't by my choice, there was no way around it, because he was the only one they gave me. I specifically avoided every big name player, and after 9 fights of fighting the absolutely lowest ranks possible from the list they give you, it gave me my title shot, and I didn't even wan't it that early.

JVodka
05-23-2009, 07:03 PM
I had trouble with Brock too, as I'm trying to go for my undefeated career. He can absorb some shots and always went for the ground and pound on my face. I just got lucky in one of the retries and timed a head kick when he went for a punch. It KO'd him in the 1st round. It was pure luck, but if you're good with timing, it's a strategy I suppose.

machonach0
05-23-2009, 07:50 PM
If he takes you down then just wait until he is about to transition and right as he does flick the RS back, you will gain top position and when you get him on his back he is easy to pound out especially in mount.

ilovelamp
05-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Set it on Easy mode. Make a Lightweight. Trains Strikes kicks Off/Def up. Train Defense against grapple and subbs. I used kick boxer/Bjj I knock them out in first or second round make sure you know how counter and reverse take downs and grapples. I suggest high ground strike defense also. 5 fights till i go undefeated.

E x I G e N T
05-23-2009, 08:34 PM
I finally beat him, taking control of the title; the way I did it was mixed in a couple of strong low kicks to the legs, and a few strong body shots, followed by hard knockout power. Everytime he went to the ground for take down, I'd reverse it; after that, I made a Light Heavy, Kickboxer/Wrestler and purely dominated everyone I encountered. Didn't have to rush to the dashboard once.