PDA

View Full Version : what is the best way to counter opponents that over use takedowns and submissions?

tonyturbo
05-22-2009, 03:36 AM
I started my career again and focused on alot of sparring and allocating my points on submissions defence, takedown defence and clinch defence. I'm on the 12th fight now of my career and have just started getting the top 6 fighters. I'm really struggling with any cpu opponent that uses all takedowns and submissions even though my stats for defence are very high. How the hell can you counter these floor experts? I'm not great at the game clearly, I am still playing on beginner and the amount I struggle when the cpu gets me to the floor is unreal. I just can't figure out how to stop them getting me into submissions. I now know how to roll out or turn myself into a dominant position, but even when I'm on top, I find the cpu still putting triangle submissions on me that I can never escape. Very annoying game at the moment.

XxBlueSpade2xX
05-22-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm having the same problem, I have good ground defense and submission stats but I'm fighting for the heavyweight belt and the champ uses all submissions. I can almost knock him out but these submissions are getting crazy.

Veritas34
05-22-2009, 04:02 PM
yea im having the same problem with frank mir. he keeps making me tap. im starting to hate this damn game

Apache 117
05-22-2009, 04:06 PM
yep frank mir, lesnar, nogeria all jump on me and kill me in 2 secs.

Veritas34
05-22-2009, 04:08 PM
i knocked out lesnar in like 40 seconds. but frank mir. takes me down in like 10 seconds then makes me tap.

Romefalls86
05-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Damn, I feel really bad now. I am in the 185 weight class and Dan Henderson keeps taking me down, and then escapes my submission(arm bar) and then pummels me. Very close to breaking the controller ha ha

Kaffei
05-22-2009, 04:29 PM
I actually just made a post about this. I've been talking to players from the online mode who seriously whooped my ass in the ground game and I asked Google for help too. When it comes down to it, just don't waste you energy. Don't even attempt a submission. Side-step and counter (blocking is unpredictable and kills counter attempts). You'll lose more than you'll win. Just keep reloading and trying. Also remember to block their takedown attempts because unfortunately you can't guillotine your way out of it :p