PDA

View Full Version : Rigged Arcade Games

Soulrift X
12-23-2006, 04:15 PM
I've heard that some of the arcade games spread throughout the levels are "rigged"-- that they have points already logged on them...

I've found the poker one (i forget which level). Does anyone know if there is a blackjack one that's rigged?

Jmaster Jr
12-23-2006, 05:44 PM
um i think thern is 3 rigged machines in the whole game and you will get the achievments for using them. I won 99999$ in 3 hands

invincible rob
12-23-2006, 06:03 PM
There is one rigged machine in the "sphere", one playing machine in the "sphere" and three normal machines in the beginning of the game, It's best you play the ones at the beginning to get the achievements.

brsfan22
12-23-2006, 06:50 PM
I found a poker machine in a level and still got the achievement.

Zef
12-23-2006, 06:53 PM
It is easier to get them on the first level, you can get them at any time that way rather than hunting them down in the sphere. And you can get them all in one room =D

Skillet
12-29-2006, 07:01 PM
I got the poker face achievements in the Sphere...I think it's on the level "All Fall Down".

JC Elite
02-17-2007, 09:13 AM
I got the blackjack and poker achievements on the sphere. I got annoyed playing them at the beginning, since I wanted to get the game started.

Mulsiphix
02-18-2007, 01:22 AM
I don't remember the level the poker machine appears on the sphere but that is the easiest machine to use to unlock that achievement with. When you play it start a game by drawing your cards. Don't keep any of the cards and tell it to replace them all. It will replace your hand with a royal flush every time. I played the Blackjack game on the sphere but did not notice any behavior that would make getting the achievement easier. The Rune achievement is so ridiculously easy that you should just complete it on the first level. Its Pacman for crying out loud :woop:.

JC Elite
02-18-2007, 02:21 AM
Yeah I got the 'pac-man' one at the beginning in maybe 5 min.

Quasipox
03-22-2007, 11:01 AM
An easy way to do the Blackjack is to save after every win and load after every loss. You do have to wait those astonishing load times but it beats wasting an hour.

icedtea
04-12-2007, 02:16 AM
i just got the poker achievement on level 6 at the start i played one hand and it went up a 1000 dollars

deathbypig37x
04-13-2007, 09:20 PM
I got the blackjack and poker achievements on the sphere. I got annoyed playing them at the beginning, since I wanted to get the game started.

That's what i did as well. On onw machine, I would always fet 4 of a kind or royal flush for the poker schievement. On the Blackjack achievement, I got it also on the sphere, but it wasn't rigged for me. I bet $10 each time, and focussed on getting "5 card Charlies".

BornBlazed
05-07-2007, 05:03 AM
I found a Poker Game and used it in spirit mode while in the sphere, it was like rigged or somthing cause i couldn't lose a single hand. Got the Achieve right of the bat. Blackjack is goin to be a pain unless i find the rigged one.

DisposedCheese
08-16-2007, 06:51 AM
does anyone know where the rigged black jack machine is or atleast the level its on.
if not ill just keep trying on this one i found on sacrifces.

Dizzy Domes
08-20-2007, 06:42 PM
You don't need a rigged one, just save after every hand and reload the save if you lose. You get the required amount by winning like 5 hands (if you bet the maximum amount each time). I only had to reload twice.

RRIKER
08-21-2007, 08:35 PM
I did 'em all in the first chapter ;)
i just bet the maximum for the first hand(BJ&P), cuz it starts over when you go bankrupt. after that i bet around 1/3 of the cash I had in BJ (stopping at 15-17), and for poker i just kept it at $10 (since better hands give you multipliers). Runeman is easy enough for anyone who can get to lvl 3-4 in regular pac-man.

Other than those, I know one machine is in "All Fall Down" but for the rest, i'd go look for a guide.

Factone
09-07-2007, 06:30 PM
In the Sphere, chapter 6, there is a Poker game. I just got 5 hands of four pairs, a straight and a Royal Flush.

Definitely rigged.

Gladiator
03-26-2008, 05:36 PM
I personally only found one after 2 play throughs (normal, Cherokee) and only found the typical one. Runeman isnt hard and blackjack can be done with the save,play technique

Avenger
03-27-2008, 03:56 PM
The rigged machines are on chapter 6, and another on chapter 11 or 12.

I got all of the achievements for the gambling machines in the first level. You may need a few attempts, but atleast they are all together. I don't think Runeman can be found anywhere else in the game.

As a bonus when you play the rigged machines, when you hit the jackpot it can payout in ammunition for some of your weapons. The later in the game you find the machine, the better the ammo is pays out. So they are still worth playing, even if you already have the achievements.

If you miss a machine on your playthrough, remember you can always start the game again on Cherokee difficulty and play the machines in the bar on the first level. Atleast it doesn't take long to reach them :)

zombie genocider
04-02-2008, 05:36 PM
you can find all three of them(runeman,poker,blackjack)
inside the bar to the left of the bar:drunk

FatBoiJim
07-02-2008, 10:17 AM
I found the Poker one by accident

Im Famous Son
07-30-2010, 04:38 AM
My Poker achievement wasn't hard at all. What was hard was doing the Blackjack one, so I used the method of saving the game when I would win and I would do "Double" or just stay/hit. If I won, I would save again. If I lost, I would load the game I just won. Took 5 minutes tops.

Spanish Assault
07-30-2010, 06:28 PM
it would have been nice to read this when I played this game...got them the old fashion way.

Cannon x360a
01-07-2011, 05:24 AM
I found the rigged one. Five or six straight flushes in a row and I maxed out my credits.