PDA

View Full Version : Frank Mir

Veritas34
05-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Ok i already broke 2 controllers by throwing them across the room. i can not beat this guy. he makes me tap within 20-30 seconds first round. im about done playing this game its bullshit that this guy is unstoppable.

Apache 117
05-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Yes having the same god damm problem i beat him anyday in a punching match but when he jumps on me and sits on my chest he starts ripping my arms off. Frank mir makes me want to trade this game in but i am still going to try to kick his ass.

Kaffei
05-22-2009, 04:14 PM
lol I know how you feel. The computers in career are crazy ridiculous, but here's how I got past the awesome submission fighters in career.

First off, build up a strong submission defense from the get-go. I haven't finished career, but mine is currently at 60.

Second, don't waste your energy. Keep side-stepping away from his strikes and counter with a LB/power strike to the face. This'll wear his energy down while preserving yours.

Third, don't take him to the ground until at least the third round when his energy is in the red. I don't think stamina has much to do with it, its all about their energy as a whole (source: numerous google searches and a vague statement by THQ)

Fourth, if he tries for a takedown, push back on the R stick. It works best with human players, but I'm sure the the COM fighter will still break through your sprawl attempt. Either way, it never hurts to try. If some how you are on the ground with him just grab his head and hold him tight until the ref makes you stand. Don't bother trying to reverse him, the computers will always find a way to submit you, even at bottom.

Fifth, work your specialties and hope for a flash KO. I usually get in the clinch and work my elbows like a madman.

Lastly, if you do somehow find yourself in a submission, if you have HIGH strength go ahead and opt for the button mashing to get out. Strength affects your ability to beat your way out of a submission. If you have low strength, use the stick.

Just keep at it. This game is a LOT about luck. Hope for a flash KO and sprawl whenever you can (unfortunately I don't think you can guillotine your opponent when they try for a takedown)

Apache 117
05-23-2009, 09:22 AM
Yes killed him when i was standing over him pounding his face in i was just like this is for all those times you put me in a damm armbar

scarfaces80
05-23-2009, 12:49 PM
hes a joke i beat him to get belt was lucky knockout i have the belt so thought id fight him again big mistakehe submitted me with no energy whe i had half full and i know how to get out of subs and just now he had barely any energy i had almost full and he got a lucky punch in game over i some timjes hate this game for how annoying it can be:mad:

Apache 117
05-23-2009, 01:11 PM
you actually start to get the hang of this guy after a while put all the people in the heavyweight career will all try to go for takedowns as much as possible so put your takedown and submission skill as high as possible and you shouldnt really have bother

scarfaces80
05-23-2009, 01:14 PM
yeah agree just beat him you got to mix it up kick legs back,punch body back off,Kick in head back off and just never keep doing same move and allways loof out for take down and if he gets ya you really have to know how to get him off ya and get up.

JVodka
05-23-2009, 07:09 PM
I made the mistake of offering him a title shot. The closest I came to beating him was when I knocked him on his back with a head kick, and as I went to finish him, he grabbed me in an armbar.

:mad:

He's a slick bastard.

scarfaces80
05-23-2009, 07:13 PM
tip dont pick him or that WWF guy brock lesbo they are nightmare i fought minatoro niguero and i beat him 3 times in a row all knock outs just put your defense for ground game up like hell.Hope this helps:)