PDA

View Full Version : Sub of Night ( I know )

Yomnad84
05-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Ive read that you have to reverse from open guard punch into arm bar but my question is are you on top and on the floor to get this?

TOTKingNothing
05-22-2009, 06:24 PM
YOU have to reverse HIS punch. So unless you want HIM to get Submission of the Night, you need to be on the bottom.

Frunkis
05-22-2009, 07:21 PM
I've got the game on easy and have like 85 submission. I smash the guy until his bar is as low as possible, get him low on stamina and attempt the open guard defense armbar and it NEVER works. What the hell?

Yomnad84
05-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Ive subbed my guys during career with armbar from guard and havnt gotten it yet ive done this 3 times now

machonach0
05-22-2009, 08:17 PM
I had a lot of trouble with this. I went through 2 careers until I figured it out. I got my 1st one doing what everyone says, I locked in an armbar when he was punching me and I got it. Of course after all that trouble I was able to easily get it the next 2 fights without even trying, one was a rear naked choke and the other was a mounted triangle. But I did them both in under 2 minutes and took pretty much no damage.
Just quickly take mount and throw one punch then hold back on the RS to stop him from transitioning (try to get in a couple good body shots so his stamina doesn't go up as fast) then just keep stopping him from moving and when he does just reverse him and keep doing the same. Once he gets gassed (his stamina bar is all yellow) or if your submissions are good enough you can do it just before he gets gassed. Then just go for the submission, if it was under 2 minutes you should get it no matter what submission you use.

PeRFeCK
05-22-2009, 08:36 PM
interesting, ill try that now...thanks!

aka Fierce
05-22-2009, 09:59 PM
I got this easily later on in my career when my character had a lot of strength, cardio, and submission ability. The key is to submit your opponent as fast as possible. I was able to submit my opponent right away and end the match in less than 30 seconds which gave me the Submission and Fight of the Night Awards at the same time.

weatherman2002
05-23-2009, 03:01 AM
theres no way to get that award my sub stats are high and i get him in the red try to maske him tap all they do is reverse

aka Fierce
05-23-2009, 01:15 PM
theres no way to get that award my sub stats are high and i get him in the red try to maske him tap all they do is reverse

I have 9 Submission of the Night Awards so it is possible.

I also forgot to mention that you must have at least level 2 in grappling. If not, your opponent will always reverse you. You don't need to wait until he is in the red. As soon as the match starts, run and take him down immediately and do the submission. It works every time.

Apache 117
05-23-2009, 01:17 PM
It is impossible in career but i do them in ranked matches all the time

Midnight Malice
05-23-2009, 01:19 PM
not true. I have just started a new career and made a guy tap by armbar... had 30 submissions was my 3rd fight.. yea it is early so the guys are a hell of a lot easier, but it is possible later as well, I made rampage tap with 50 submissions in my 1st title defense, and he wasn't even red.

for the guy having trouble making them tap, it sounds like you just need to get a better method of rotating the right stick. Or if you are tapping buttons, you should probably try the stick, I truly believe it works better.