PDA

View Full Version : muah thai clinch

Atessero
05-22-2009, 07:54 PM
anyone want to tell me how to break out of a muay thai clinch? you're supposed to press the rs in the opposite direction that the guy is whipping you, yet magically when i do it, it doesn't work. how exactly are you supposed to do it?

MusicInjection
05-22-2009, 08:18 PM
there is no other way, but it's hard. so i suggest you just hit the shit out of him untill you break free. another method is to take him down when he knees you to the body. works better for me.

Jethrow
05-22-2009, 08:31 PM
i tend to just freak out and go nuts on the controller and i get out fairly quick, but i really have no clue how i actually got out of it. Its really the only position that i get all screwed with.

PeRFeCK
05-22-2009, 08:32 PM
theres a clinch grapple defense stat, i assume boost that. but yes, very annoying.

Tem0n
05-22-2009, 08:34 PM
This can be very irritating, i have had good success surviving this position now that i learned how to block the knees consistently. Also, when they clinch you with just the 1 hand behind your head it is pretty easy to counter grapple their strikes and reverse the position.

Atessero
05-22-2009, 09:33 PM
ya that's the single collar tie. i can pull guard if he were to just do that. it's retarded, though. you press the r trigger to block a knee to the body, yet he still hits you. there's virtually no way to actually predict whether he's going to knee your body or knee your head and you have a millisecond to judge whether or not he's even going to whip you before you can input the opposite direction and it actually work. i know about the clinch strike defense fighter skills, but how exactly does that affect your defense? you still have to press rs in the opposite direction of what your opponent inputs, so i'm guessing your clinch strike defense factor is just that, your defense against their strikes in the clinch. it doesn't help you get out of a clinch. muay thai in this game is a little teeny tiny bit cheap.