PDA

View Full Version : ground game

Atessero
05-22-2009, 10:40 PM
the grappling and submissions in this game are absolutely ridiculous. they actually expect you to flick the rs at the exact time to reverse a transition as well as the exact time to put your finger back on the rs and hold it back to block a grapple attempt. i understand this game has to do with timing, but it's bullshit because you don't even know if you did anything right since you don't know when each move starts and ends! does anyone have any tips on this because i'm starting to get pissed.

PeRFeCK
05-22-2009, 10:59 PM
u dont have to play if u dont like it. u said it urself, its all about timing. nobody can teach u that, and a lot of times its luck

Jizah
05-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Luck, and people in general are quite predictable.

Classick
05-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Go into the practice arena. Start with the open guard (defense). Pop up the Action List from the start menu and go down the list of transitions. Repeat for every other defensive guard including the mount. Memorize the motions for whatever grappling style you prefer. Honestly, I think BJJ is the best for ground transitions.

The best motion you can memorize is from the BJJ. Select Open Guard (down+defense), then look at the Rubber Guard transition. It is RB+A 12 o'clock to 3 o'clock motion. Once you're in Rubber Guard (itll look like your legs are tangled up in the opp. body), do a 10 o'clock to 3 o'clock motion. You should find yourself in the Mount. This is how I win most of my fights. No one expects it. Once you're in the mount in a fight, hold left on the RS to prevent reversals. Throw a few regular punches (not hammerfists). They'll hit the opponent even if he is guarding. Just make sure you remember to hold the RS left between punches. So hold RS left- prevent a reversal then throw a punch or two. Some guys don't know how to get out of mount. Just finish them off quickly. Guys who know how to get out of mount will do it right away. Retards will try to fight with you while youre on top of them.

Chris_Krol
05-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Its not that bad, I found it to be one of those things you just get the knack of after a while. Just keep playing and if you just don't seem to get it trade it in for something else. I mean it sounds like this game is just not that fun for you, which I say should be the bottom line of any game you play that you at least enjoy playing it.