PDA

View Full Version : Special for Muay Thai

Chris_Krol
05-23-2009, 12:03 AM
Alright I saw that superman punch and that rocked me in an online match. So what is the special punch for a Muay Thai fighter and how do you do it.

Classick
05-23-2009, 12:16 AM
Muay Thai is based on knee strikes. It has no special punch. The best thing about Muay Thai is you get a long range knee strike. Separate your self out of striking range and hit LB+A/B. You'll jump up in the air and usually get a headshot with your knee. It can often KO someone if done right. The Superman punch is from Kickboxing. And Boxing has a lunging haymaker that is useless in long range.

The other benefit of Muay Thai is the Muay Thai Clinch. LB+RS forward will grab the opponents head. While in that clinch you can push the RS in an direction then press A/B. You'll pull the opponents head down and knee him in the face (if he doesn't block it.) It can be very easy to block, but very effective if it hits. You can also knee to the torso in that clinch just by pressing A/B.

Jethrow
05-23-2009, 02:18 AM
ya anderson silva does his psycho jumping knee/kick thing. I just used him for the first time, and man, it was awsome. I was replaying his match with franklin, and i just have total control over the clinch with the regular and power knees. I loved it.

PeRFeCK
05-23-2009, 02:23 AM
muay thai also gets a lot of elbow attacks which cuz ur opponent up really well

Hi I am a Ninja
05-23-2009, 04:54 AM
muay thai has no special punch the have the flying knee and the high kicks. Flying knee for a lot further. As perfekt has said.

Chris_Krol
05-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks a lot guys, I think I'm going to stick with Muay Thai now.