PDA

View Full Version : world class grappler = impossible?

DefJamV
05-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Not joking, i know how to submit, i rotate the RS clockwise whilst mashing X,Y,B yet they do not even want to let me get lucky enough to get into the second stage of the submission, even when i use Mir and nail Lesnar (who has poor submission defence) he just ragdolls me off him.

Anybody have any tips on how to get this bollocks achievement? Oh and how do i body slam? The guide said i should body slam them until thier stamina is low, is that just when you pick them up from full guard and slam them to get to half guard? Really confused with submissions in this game, this achievement seems to require more luck than "In ya face" or "That was Easy!"...

Seriously, this achievement is queer.

Thanks!

PeRFeCK
05-23-2009, 12:59 AM
please use the search or look at the achievement guide, this has been covered in many threads

DefJamV
05-23-2009, 01:00 AM
Im afraid it hasn't sir.

PeRFeCK
05-23-2009, 01:06 AM
im afraid it has, there's 11 pages of threads and u cant find one talking about this achievement? there's even a video showing u exactly how to do it there. for someone with close to 400 posts i feel a little sad... but here ill be nice and post it for u since ur lazy

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1954844&highlight=world+class+grappler#post1954844

DefJamV
05-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Thanks sexy.

Jethrow
05-23-2009, 02:16 AM
Thanks sexy.

LOL

I haven't gotten to that cheeve yet but i think its alot of throwing and shit like that

con-con
05-23-2009, 02:18 AM
here, just go into exibition, choose heavyweight, and press x to get the guy who has 92 sub offense, against the guy who has 42. Can't remember who they are right now, got it the other day. Hope it helped a bit.

con-con
05-23-2009, 02:19 AM
Oh and just do the slam over and over again. Thats when you press RB+right stick then while in that clinch press LB+ Left stick

Big Ralph58
05-23-2009, 03:30 AM
Its possible if you play with BJ Penn in lightweight or welterweight and go against Rich Clementi(LW) or Josh Burkman(WW). Trust me its possible.

Hi I am a Ninja
05-23-2009, 04:46 AM
Weird i just got this and was going to help people who need it. I chose Karo Parysion(how ever u spell it) but just play the guy hes like an overall 79 but he has 42 submission defence
use the right stick forward to double underhook clinch and the judo throw Left bumper and any direction on the stick. After u take him down with a throw click the left thumbstick to get off him and the keep clinching and taking him down.
Wait till his stamina is real low then go for the submission. Also try to get a good submission what i did i tried getting his back to go for the rear naked choke. so i mounted him tried letting him reverse it but instead he reversed and went to full guard with him on top so then i triangle choked his ass.

Good luck. msg me if u need any help

GeezusDylan160
05-23-2009, 05:11 AM
be matt hughes against someone with low sub defense. Take him down, you should fall into his full guard offense (he'll have his hands locked behind your head and have your face placed against his chest) hold LB and do a RS transition away from the opponent (go 12 o'clock to 9 o'clock counter clockwise) and you'll powerbomb him. Then click in the left stick to stand up and take him down again and repeat everything mentioned above. It took me until mid round 2 to wear him down to literally nothing by just powerslaming him, in low red for stamina.....popped a rear naked choke in like nothing.

haipham
05-23-2009, 08:19 AM
just chose some one with wrestling
keep clinching and take them down until they are rock
then submiss them.
it alway work for me using Chuck Liddell
Or you can play online vs some noobs and submiss them

Apache 117
05-23-2009, 09:49 AM
easier to be brock lesnar and so those massive throws with LB RS

Betrayal
05-23-2009, 10:04 AM
I went Frank Mir vs some crap guy in Heavyweight. Played on beginner, and span the right stick clockwise like crazy. I didn't slam once.

bambamfn
05-23-2009, 10:10 AM
easier to be brock lesnar and so those massive throws with LB RS
I second that. I just got it on my second go using the video. :woop:

Diog3nes
05-23-2009, 10:27 AM
since you can do this in exhibition you could always create a fighter with hardly any stats and fight him with someone who has really good sub stats....

Midnight Malice
05-23-2009, 10:33 AM
no you can't you have to do it against a UFC fighter not CAF

Diog3nes
05-23-2009, 10:37 AM
ouch that sucks at least i know not to waste my time with that now

Lashley
05-23-2009, 10:58 AM
It's easy I got it second try.

SetLord
05-23-2009, 01:15 PM
this achievement is very easy on begginer difficulty and can be done in all weight classes on your first try

simply go to exhibition mode and for your fighter find the guy in the weight class you choose with the highest submission offense

takedowns and ground grapple are also a plus as well so if there are a couple of guys with very similar submission offenses take the guy with the best overall in these three categories

next to choose your opponent find the guy with the weakest submission defense and ground grapple he needs to be weak in both for you to succeed with ease

also if they have low takedown defense this will make it even easier

ok now that you have your fighters selected start the fight proceed to take your opponent down and if you are good at it on begginer this should be a simple task

now transition to a postion your character has an available submission i recommend full mount armbar but im sure it not necessary if youve chosen your fighter and opponent correctly

now after you are in this position simple click in your right stick to begin the submission and then rapidly rotate your right stick

achievement unlocked

i have tried this in all weight classes and can do it consistently on my first try in about 30 seconds