PDA

View Full Version : Achievement lists idea

kaleido42
05-23-2009, 01:07 AM
With the recent release of the 1 vs 100 live beta in Canada I have been thinking a lot lately about the achievements that will be coming with the full game and how I have been hearing about the achievements resetting every season so that you can keep building them up over time. I have also been thinking about other possible games that they will be adding to the primetime channel. I then came to a strong realization. These games will most likely be thrown in with the arcade titles on this site at first, but then what about after they have gone through a few seasons and the site has to make another checklist each time so people can add it to their lists on the site. Plus throw in the strong likely hood of near future additions to the primetime channel (hasn't microsoft already said they were going to?) there is likely going to be a fastly growing list of these checklists which could easily fill the lists of arcade/retail games to an annoying amount for both users and staff to sort/search through. Now here is my idea. Could be a section added to go along with retail/arcade/japanese so that arcade (or wherever you decide to put it) does not get overfilled. I realize that this my not be an issue at first but after even 1-1.5 years there could already be a large list when you take all the primetime games up by then and each season that would pass in that time.

Thanks for taking the time for reading through this and for leaving any comments on this be they good or be they bad. :)

The Pants Party
05-23-2009, 01:30 AM
From what I've heard, those games will have 12 achievements for 200 points so they will be treated like arcade games. No reason not to.

We have a "search for a game" box on the main page to easily locate something, and we have each section split alphabetically so they can be easily navigated by hand if need be.

That is pretty efficient already.

kaleido42
05-23-2009, 03:51 AM
From what I've heard, those games will have 12 achievements for 200 points so they will be treated like arcade games. No reason not to.

We have a "search for a game" box on the main page to easily locate something, and we have each section split alphabetically so they can be easily navigated by hand if need be.

That is pretty efficient already.

Ok, well thanks for at least reading through this. I was just thinking that over time they might start to create a pretty big least considering each game will have another copy added to it each season. On a side note, wasn't family game night thrown in with the arcade titles:p.

On an extra side note. At least my first three "ideas" have not been rejected, yet. Although the only one that a mod has seen yet was the first. At this point I don't think they'll see the other two :p

EDIT: forgot to mention that sometimes people do look through the entire lists such as myself to look for games I didn't know about or to compare the list for games and the list for achievement guides, etc. Although that might just be me.:p

The Pants Party
05-23-2009, 06:07 AM
Family Game Night is a group of arcade titles shoved into one list. If the Primetime games do the same thing, they'll still go in with the arcade the same way.

It's the same reason we don't have a separate section for Tiger Woods or Madden. A new list each year is inevitable, but it is just another game - nothing special.

dakisbac
05-23-2009, 12:25 PM
If it eventually does get really overcrowded they could have a dropdown list instead of making a whole new section, that would be better IMO.

1 vs 100
-Season 1
-Season 2
-Season 942

You get the point.

One other possibility is that the achievements may be the same for each season, in which case it might never get cluttered. We don't know yet though.

The Pants Party
05-23-2009, 12:26 PM
They already announced "seasonal achievements" for 1v100.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-2644-1-vs--100-to-Have-Seasonal-Achievements.html

dakisbac
05-23-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm aware of that (having previously read that article :)) but it doesn't say whether the achievements will be different every season or something lame like correctly answer 10 questions in a row (season 1) and the same thing the following season (correctly answer 10 questions in a row (season 2))

kaleido42
05-23-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm aware of that (having previously read that article :)) but it doesn't say whether the achievements will be different every season or something lame like correctly answer 10 questions in a row (season 1) and the same thing the following season (correctly answer 10 questions in a row (season 2))

From my understanding they will be the same every season but also reset every season.

@ The Pants Party

Primetime games aren't downloaded through arcade. You schedule yourself to even one game of it and everything is automatically downloaded. It can't even be found in the marketplace. I have though thought of another idea that could work. Considering it is still the same game and you aren't downloading it again. How about keeping all seasons to one game and then at the top of the list have a little tab to go to your checklists (if you activated it) to view the different seasons. Under the circumstances that the achievements are the same each season, most of the code should be able to be copied and pasted right over. At the same time you could have it set up for just one roadmap. How would that work? Or is it just stupid? Either way thanks for putting up with this for this long:p

EDIT: My bad, just read that link now. I guess though it could still be done, you just need to include a roadmap for each. I guess this should not be worried about too much though until the second season comes out and we can see how microsoft/our gamercards have them set up.

The Pants Party
05-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Well even if they have the same exact list each season (such as NHL 2K7 and 2K8 did) they will still technically be different "games" (and I realize the game is not purchased or downloaded in any way), but gamerscore-wise each season will be unique (even if the lists are identical, the Game ID on xbox.com would be different). So they would need separate checklists and whatnot.

I think you're really making this more involved than it needs to be... and again, this might all be avoided if they run it like Family Game Night. We'll have to wait and see once season 2 rolls around to see what we're working with.

kaleido42
05-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Well even if they have the same exact list (such as NHL 2K7 and 2K8) I believe they will still be different games, gamerscore-wise. So they would need separate checklists and whatnot.

Sorry, I was editing while you were posting I think:p

I just meant a tab within the one game section to view the different checklists, I guess if I got some time I could try to illustrate it for you but like I said, probably best wait till we see what microsoft does.

EDIT: I think we keep posting at the same time :p, have to go for a few hours.

The Pants Party
05-23-2009, 03:03 PM
I understand what you're saying, but just like Xbox.com uses a different ID for every game, we do as well. Each list needs to be its own entity. We attach news, reviews, screenshots, etc. to each game by its ID. So any information on Season 2 (including its achievements) would be on its own listing.

kaleido42
05-23-2009, 06:41 PM
I understand what you're saying, but just like Xbox.com uses a different ID for every game, we do as well. Each list needs to be its own entity. We attach news, reviews, screenshots, etc. to each game by its ID. So any information on Season 2 (including its achievements) would be on its own listing.

I get what your saying as well. I guess my original intention here was just to try to be a bit helpful but I guess if its just wasting time then you can close it or do whatever you deem necessary.

PS. I'm going nuts with that achievement list thing from before. :chair