PDA

View Full Version : New Maps on the Way

Webb
12-23-2006, 11:18 PM
'Activision released news today that there will be two new multiplayer packs coming after the holidays for the recently released WW2 shooter - Call of Duty 3. The first of the two available packs will contain one map and will be FREE to all Call of Duty 3 soldiers. This bonus map named as "Champs" will be an infantry-based combat map that promises to be great for small to medium-sized online battles.
The second map going by the name of "Valor'' Map Pack will cost 800 MS Points and will contain a batch of five new multiplayer maps that will take players through a maze of French streets made to create some intense close-quarter action whether it being online, split-screen or via System Link.'

Source: 360Monster (http://www.360Monster.com)

mrsnugglesalot69
12-23-2006, 11:27 PM
I guess 10 bucks for 5 maps really isnt that bad. Too bad i just traded CoD3 in to.:(

magictroll
12-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I'm only getting the free one myself. Don't like COD3 that much. Prefer COD2 way more...

Crash
12-26-2006, 12:52 PM
It'll be interesting to see how they turn out. Will get the free ones, not too sure about the others though.

TSI LILLVILSMYR
12-26-2006, 01:09 PM
nice. do you think that you need this new maps to play ranked matches ?

TurMoiL911
12-28-2006, 07:05 AM
It's good to know that new maps are on the way, but I'm kind of disappointed that there is only one map in the free pack.

munkyxtc
12-28-2006, 02:51 PM
I'd like companies to start tossing out large amount of free maps and see how that affects their replay factor. GoW has already announced that they are releasing new maps free of charge -- that's saying something considering it's the most popular game on XBL these days and just about everyone out there would pay up for them...In the end it will allow the company to sell more games cause people see that as added value. I know I try not to download anything that costs money; sure it's only $10, but if I paid $10 for every game I was playing I'd be broke pretty quickly.

As far as the CoD3 map packs; I loved CoD2 online; however, CoD3 I can't even join Ranked matches but I can join player matches no problem which pisses me off because the acheivements are ranked only -- I won't be paying for anything until they can fix their connection problems. I know the issues aren't on my end as I've tried 2 different copies of CoD3 in 2 different 360's on 3 different connections. After some searching it seems I'm not the only one w/ this issue. Fix my connection problem and maybe I'll throw some more of my cash your way.

DeathandChaos
12-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the news. I wass starting to miss the days of Splinter Cell and such where they released quality maps after launch.

SLYTHE U UP
12-29-2006, 05:32 AM
smae as everyone one else with the crappy lobby wait i'm only going to get the free one as well yaaay im in the club of 1 free map

IceWarm
12-29-2006, 06:01 AM
I don't think I'll buy the maps. I liked CoD 2 a lot more as well.